how good is Garden of Eden

Its got a killer riff! But, I could never listen to to just because of the stupid sound effects.

Also don't like how on some parts Slash doubled down on the rhythm over Izzys parts (like he did on Don't Crys 2nd chorus, and on Yesterdays chorus).

Not incredibly annoying, just kind of like "why tho".

Also i feel like Matts drumming is too reliant on on the floor toms. Too far away from stevens drumming. Not my cup of tea.

Edited by Mendez
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Mendez said:

Its got a killer riff! But, I could never listen to to just because of the stupid sound effects.

Also don't like how on some parts Slash doubled down on the rhythm over Izzys parts (like he did on Don't Crys 2nd chorus, and on Yesterdays chorus).

Not incredibly annoying, just kind of like "why tho"

awesome points 

makes you think if they removed those areas to exentuate izzy's parts more 

seems like from slash's book that he may have seen izzy as competition and rubbed him out accordingly 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

awesome points 

makes you think if they removed those areas to exentuate izzy's parts more 

seems like from slash's book that he may have seen izzy as competition and rubbed him out accordingly 

Right? I think in AFD maybe izzy was fighting for the attention because everyone just saw him as "the other guitar" on stage.

Also I read i think in Slashs book, or in the Axl chats, that Izzy laid down some very simple rhythms and they didn't like how they were almost identical to slash's. I think the reason for the simple leads was that in AFD they would write together, but for the verses, they would just write their own parts when they werent around each other. But this time, the songs were already written and was basically "this is how it is, play it). Also could do with sober Izzy not wanting to be around his addict band mates in the studio, se he quickly dipped.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mendez said:

Not incredibly annoying, just kind of like "why tho".

Also i feel like Matts drumming is too reliant on on the floor toms. Too far away from stevens drumming. Not my cup of tea.

what slash did on illusions with izzys guitar and what axl did with sound effects (farts) and all the plastic clean production is beyond pathetic

this rehearsal version rocks at least 18 times more than the final version and by the look of it this is a writing session

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ludurigan said:

what slash did on illusions with izzys guitar and what axl did with sound effects (farts) and all the plastic clean production is beyond pathetic

this rehearsal version rocks at least 18 times more than the final version and by the look of it this is a writing session

Of course it sounds better, GNR always sound better when Steven is playing drums! :headbang:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mendez said:

Right? I think in AFD maybe izzy was fighting for the attention because everyone just saw him as "the other guitar" on stage.

Also I read i think in Slashs book, or in the Axl chats, that Izzy laid down some very simple rhythms and they didn't like how they were almost identical to slash's. I think the reason for the simple leads was that in AFD they would write together, but for the verses, they would just write their own parts when they werent around each other. But this time, the songs were already written and was basically "this is how it is, play it). Also could do with sober Izzy not wanting to be around his addict band mates in the studio, se he quickly dipped.

I love izzys guitar on rocket queen, that song is all izzy. Just power chords and solos from slash.

4 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

I love izzys guitar on rocket queen, that song is all izzy. Just power chords and solos from slash.

They both compliment each other. Slash isn't just playing power chords, it's the rhythm, the groove, and Slash allows Izzy to shine on the rhythm, because that's Izzy's job to accentuate the chords, play inversions of chords etc. Infact, Izzy plays the lead in the verses and Slash is keeping the rhythm, then it swaps with the main solo where Izzy keeps the groove and Slash takes over with the lead. 

• Like 1