Myles Kennedy on GNR reunion

Think about this : Bumblefoot (god I hate that name) knew at the end of 2014, and then in May (?) 2015 Ashba decides to take the high road and 'leave the band' ???

Yeah right, like you were invited to join the reunion ?  Like any of those guys had even the slightest chance of staying on.

What were they going to do ?  2 bass players ? 25 guitar players ?  I don't think so.

How cool would it have been if Axl released a statement back then and said 'I kicked all of them out, it's time for the real thing'.

Unfortunately, the real thing was not to be ...

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Hopefully this current lineup will release a couple albums and not just be a touring band that lives off their past work, the majority of which is 25-30 years old. 

Doesn't matter how old it is. It's still relevant today. Case in point, they are still filling stadiums playing it.

People need to stop whining and complaining about new music. It's tired. If they have it in them, they'll release new music. If they don't, they still have plenty of fans that want to see them perform some of the greatest hard rock music ever created -- even if that doesn't include you.

Be patient and see what happens. Bringing it up every other week doesn't accomplish a thing.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, thunderram said:

Doesn't matter how old it is. It's still relevant today. Case in point, they are still filling stadiums playing it.

People need to stop whining and complaining about new music. It's tired. If they have it in them, they'll release new music. If they don't, they still have plenty of fans that want to see them perform some of the greatest hard rock music ever created -- even if that doesn't include you.

Be patient and see what happens. Bringing it up every other week doesn't accomplish a thing.

Got it. Thanks. I didn't realize you were in charge of what people could or couldn't talk about regarding GnR. 

On a side note, did you ever see the interview where Axl said he never wants to become an act that just lives off the past? Or the one where he talked about how he wasn't making music just to keep it buried. Or the one where he talked about releasing a new album, with 10 b-sides. 

Do you have a list somewhere that specifies what people can/can't talk about? Or what you consider "whining" compared to when people are just sharing their point of view. 

Are you an owner or a moderator on here?

Thanks in advance for your answers. 

• Like 1