Tommy Stinson On GN'R Reunion: I Had To Decline Taking A Few Tours - Axl Had To Make A Decision To Do Some Other Things

5 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Tommy is the greatest of all time. Loved his plaid suit -- what a great look for GnR. I loved his bullying of Buckethead and Bumblefoot best. Seems like a real class act.

#Justiceforbucket

#Justiceforbumble

5 minutes ago, RONIN said:

Tommy is the greatest of all time. Loved his plaid suit -- what a great look for GnR. I loved his bullying of Buckethead and Bumblefoot best. Seems like a real class act.

In hindsight I actually kinda like the plaid suits :lol:

Tommy's alright though. I mean, he comes across as a raging alcoholic so he's probably a dick at times, and he was always just there to get paid (and by the end, to laugh at Ashba), but he ain't bad.

And this from another interview a little while ago:

Stinson is particularly happy for frontman Axl Rose, whom he feels is benefiting greatly from both the GN'R reunion and his recent stint with AC/DC. "I think it was really super important for Axl to get the [GN'R reunion] going on and put some stuff behind him that I think has been sitting inside him," Stinson says. "I think something has happened to him and it's completely f---ing awesome and it makes me really happy. I've known the guy for almost 20 years now; I've never seen him look better. He sounds better than ever. He's a completely different guy. I couldn't be happier for him."

14 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Seriously never thought this from Tommy, he really likes and respects those guys. 

Duff and Tommy have mutual respect for each other. Duff said in his first book that he was a fan of Tommy and The Replacements.

Whether someone likes his playing, his stage presence and personality or not, Tommy is not a random musician. He had a very important career before joining NuGnR; he was in one of the best American bands of the 80s. And he was the closest to a "real member" NuGuns had.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

Is it a requirement to be an A crade class act when you play bass in Gn'R? Because Duff and Tommy are so cool! Sucks that they both can't be in the band at the same time.

Edited by jekylhyde

21 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

Is it a requirement to be an A crade class act when you play bass in Gn'R? Because Duff and Tommy are so cool! Sucks that they both can't be in the band at the same time.

Guns N' Roses bassist will always be Duff and we don't need anyone else. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wondering where's izzy? said:

Yeah but I think if we had to pick someone else a lot of us would say Tommy worked pretty well. He dealt with Axl's bullshit for 18 years so that must count for something.

Well we fans dealt with the whole bullshit for 20 years. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Seriously never thought this from Tommy, he really likes and respects those guys. 

Guy gives the best answers and tells it like it is. Pretty clear in 2014 he was looking to get out of gnr and in a way I couldn't blame him considering he was in he band for 20 years and it was going nowhere but.. hey give the guy credit he hasn't said anything negative and hasn't dissed anyone.  

Oddly enough ashba hasn't attended any shows or anything so lol..

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Well we fans dealt with the whole bullshit for 20 years. 

Yeah but that still doesn't mean shit.  You and I read a lot more about the bullshit than actually dealing with it. 

We can read about him being late 30 nights a year but we actually didn't wait 30 nights a year.. we didn't tour and actually record and were lead to believe we would compete or outdo something that couldn't be outdone.  Stinson is the man

• Like 1

Off the record the title is misleading from the actual quote.. tommys clearly cool and stepped aside willingly.  Typical of the media.. there just HAS to be drama in gnr world and since there is no drama,  let's start twisting words to start a feud.  :lol:

53 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Off the record the title is misleading from the actual quote.. tommys clearly cool and stepped aside willingly. 

It's a direct quote, I just broke it into two parts.

Tommy explains how he had to decline a few tours and Axl had to decide how to go forward.  Yes he stepped aside willingly but listening to the interview it sounds like it's been a little bittersweet.