Asides from backup vocals on a couple songs and not needed, she is fucking useless.  On the flip side of that her vocals are annoying on songs like Out Ta Get Me. She also looks like a retard bouncing around and pretending to be doing something while she is up there.

Whatever she adds, Dizzy could certainly make up for in her absence. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Asides from backup vocals on a couple songs and not needed, she is fucking useless.  On the flip side of that her vocals are annoying on songs like Out Ta Get Me. She also looks like a retard bouncing around and pretending to be doing something while she is up there.

Whatever she adds, Dizzy could certainly make up for in her absence. 

Whatever you said is absolutely correct, her vocals are very annoying on Out Ta Get Me. I still don't get the use of her, she is just bouncing and has a laptop in front of her. 

She adds nothing. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jw224 said:

Isn't this like the third thread that has been made about this? Who the hell cares if she's in the band or not? I don't mind that she's there but wouldn't miss her either. What I don't understand are the people obsessed with the fact she's there and want her kicked out. Seems kinda weird if it bothers you that much tbh. 

If people are fans of the band, why wouldn't the care who's in it? I don't get your sentiment at all. Unless you're at the point where GNR is too much of a clusterfuck to care that much about.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Dizzy is sort of useless also on all except the Illusion ballads and CD numbers. How many Appetite rockers are there present in the current set? You do not need Dizzy for any of these. It has long been an Axl tradition commencing with Dizzy's recruitment to have pointless members. Look on the bright side though: the useless 'third guitarist' has been jettisoned!

Useless? Who else is gonna play cock rock saloon piano over Nightrain? The bongos on WTTJ? The tamborine? All essential to the integrity of the music!

• Like 3

21 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Melissa does a hell of a job.  In fact, i think she is really really good. Tell me about what she does in perhaps november rain, or til, .. Plus her voice is a very deluxe thing for just backng vocals chorus or whatever.

Then she brings all that sexy charisma, personality, youth, staminafull performance.

I get why some of u just cant proces her precense on the band yet, but the truth is that GNR is lucky to have her.

?

21 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

Melissa does a hell of a job.  In fact, i think she is really really good. Tell me about what she does in perhaps november rain, or til, .. Plus her voice is a very deluxe thing for just backng vocals chorus or whatever.

Then she brings all that sexy charisma, personality, youth, staminafull performance.

I get why some of u just cant proces her precense on the band yet, but the truth is that GNR is lucky to have her.

:lol: Yeah so lucky. Imagine where this band would be without her? I can't even begin to imagine how badly the live shows would suffer. Her contributions have been an integral part of the GnR sound, especially going forward. GnR and the fans should truly be grateful for her presence. Without her it just wouldn't work. 

• Like 3

On 01/10/2016 at 10:02 AM, Billsfan said:

#ifiwasdesperate

Not really. They're both equally as useless

Nope, Melissa adds good backing vocals to many songs. Do I think GNR needs backup singers and extra keyboard player? No. But that's how they operate since the UYI. Axl also used  this setup on his solo career too, unfortunately.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, maynard said:

Nope, Melissa adds good backing vocals to many songs. Do I think GNR needs backup singers and extra keyboard player? No. But that's how they operate since the UYI. Axl also used  this setup on his solo career too, unfortunately.

Nope, I don't care what they had during the illusions era, it ended during the illusions era. She is not Tracii or Roberta and there is no horn section. During the nugnr years Axl felt based on the material they were writing and recording and based off of what they were doing live they needed it at the time. Based on what they're doing now, they don't. Not the first time you've been wrong though Maynard so I'm sure it won't be the last..

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Babooshka said:

If people are fans of the band, why wouldn't the care who's in it? I don't get your sentiment at all. Unless you're at the point where GNR is too much of a clusterfuck to care that much about.

What's the point? She's in the band. Richard's in the band. Frank is in the band. The band decided those people are going to be in the band. I don't know why people think they have to run all these decisions before us first.

9 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Nope, I don't care what they had during the illusions era, it ended during the illusions era. She is not Tracii or Roberta and there is no horn section. During the nugnr years Axl felt based on the material they were writing and recording and based off of what they were doing live they needed it at the time. Based on what they're doing now, they don't. Not the first time you've been wrong though Maynard so I'm sure it won't be the last..

How do you think they should do NR then? Stripped down version? You know it's not Dizzy doing the synth stuff right?

On 01/10/2016 at 4:27 PM, DieselDaisy said:

Dizzy is sort of useless also on all except the Illusion ballads and CD numbers. How many Appetite rockers are there present in the current set? You do not need Dizzy for any of these. It has long been an Axl tradition commencing with Dizzy's recruitment to have pointless members. Look on the bright side though: the useless 'third guitarist' has been jettisoned!

I think three guitar GN'R sounded better than two guitar GN'R.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Cuz its the wrong two.  Slash and Izzy, at least on Appetite, got the mix just right, Illusions became kinda a little Slash heavy.

That's all 3 guitar GN'R. On the records there were always 3 guitar tracks with 3 distinct parts.

On 10/1/2016 at 0:54 PM, Jw224 said:

Isn't this like the third thread that has been made about this? Who the hell cares if she's in the band or not? I don't mind that she's there but wouldn't miss her either. What I don't understand are the people obsessed with the fact she's there and want her kicked out. Seems kinda weird if it bothers you that much tbh. 

This ^

Dizzy is not useless. There a ton of songs that he added great parts too, it's really not on him that the majority of those songs don't get played. As for Melissa. I prefer her over Pitman, any day of the week/month/year/lifetime. Her parts are not easy to pick out at all times, but other times she's mixed more prominently. The older music doesn't really need her. It's just the CD material really that needs the extra synths. Could they go out without Melissa, definitely. But, there's no harm in her being there, especially when she doesn't say or do anything to offend the fanbase. Could they go without Dizzy? Yes, but the set would be very stripped back. Don't know if you've ever heard a band covering November rain without the synth strings but it doesn't sound very good. 

I have no problem with either member, they both do their job, never seem to screw up and don't say stupid shit or post phoney posts incessantly. 

5 minutes ago, maynard said:

GNR never had three guitar players unless you're talking about guest spots like Joe Perry and Angus Young.

From 1999-2014, Guns N' Roses had 3 guitarists.

You can pretend they didn't, if that floats your boat, but I don't really see what there is to be gained from doing that.

• Like 2