39 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Even after Axl hiring 3 guitarists, they could not get the GNR sound.

There are so many better cover bands than Axl's circus. 

Those were strange times. I think because during that time Slash only did Snakepit and VR music, it was only Axl & Friends playing those songs, and fans of Axl were just happy he was playing gnr music. But when Slash went solo with SMK&C and started playing gnr songs again, you could hear exactly what was missing from the Axl band.

Edited by moreblack
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Modano09 said:

What's the point? She's in the band. Richard's in the band. Frank is in the band. The band decided those people are going to be in the band. I don't know why people think they have to run all these decisions before us first.

No one thinks that, but it should be of no surprise that fans are going to have an opinion on the decisions that are made. Unless you expect fans to be passive consumers.

12 hours ago, maynard said:

How do you think they should do NR then? Stripped down version? You know it's not Dizzy doing the synth stuff right?

They really need a piano and two keyboards for November rain?! A piano and a keyboard alone wouldn't make it stripped down. 

6 hours ago, Graeme said:

I think three guitar GN'R sounded better than two guitar GN'R.

I don't agree that they sounded better but I will agree that they didn't sound worse.  That being said, if they ever add another guitarist to this band it should be izzy. No one else. 

22 minutes ago, maynard said:

You're right, Axl's never had a solo project, he's always been in Guns N' Roses, who toured extensively with 3 guitarists from 2001-2014 and released Chinese Democracy in 2008.

Glad we're in agreement :) , what a mature way to have a discussion.

Edited by Graeme

25 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

They really need a piano and two keyboards for November rain?! A piano and a keyboard alone wouldn't make it stripped down. 

I don't know, I was asking your opinion... :)

From what I see from the NR performances is that Axl does the piano, Melissa does the synth stuff that Pitoman used to do and Dizzy does something else I'm not really sure of what it is.

@Graeme it's ok if you consider Axl's solo band GNR. I tend to respect the band's legacy and disassociate it from the freak show and wave after wave of cringeworthy moments that was 1999-2014 "Guns N Roses".

6 minutes ago, maynard said:

I don't know, I was asking your opinion... :)

From what I see from the NR performances is that Axl does the piano, Melissa does the synth stuff that Pitoman used to do and Dizzy does something else I'm not really sure of what it is.

@Graeme it's ok if you consider Axl's solo band GNR. I tend to respect the band's legacy and disassociate it from the freak show and wave after wave of cringeworthy moments that was 1999-2014 "Guns N Roses".

Then maybe dizzy should do the synth stuff since you think he doesn't do much to begin with. 

Also, this is still axls band. Chinese material gets played every night, not stuff from slash duff or anyone else's solo material 

I hate to be the guy whining about stuff like this...  But common!  Show some respect. What is all this "would smash/bang" talk? I don't care if you say that somewhere else because that's how people talk and i would have very annoying life if i cared what eveybody said. But this talk should not be allowed in our guns n roses forum. Take that discussion somewhere else. Some class here would be appreciated. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agno said:

I hate to be the guy whining about stuff like this...  But common!  Show some respect. What is all this "would smash/bang" talk? I don't care if you say that somewhere else because that's how people talk and i would have very annoying life if i cared what eveybody said. But this talk should not be allowed in our guns n roses forum. Take that discussion somewhere else. Some class here would be appreciated. 

Turn around bitch I got a use for you!

• Like 3

He backing vocals are good, especially on Better but I would like to know what she contributes on keys?? I understand there are a lot of different sound effects required, say intro to CD or TIL but does she play keys?? 

I only see Dizzy covering the piano parts outside of NR. 

Dizzy used to only use a Hammond XK3 keyboard on older days, you can see it on the Tokyo DVD, nowadays he split it on a Baldwin upright piano on song like Estranged, CW, Nightrain, SCOM, KOHD, and use his Hammond keyboard to achieve more electronic sound on ISE, YCBM, OTGM, RQ, and PC.

But he choose to play Hammond when doubling Axl piano part on NR, maybe because they want to achieve two different kind of sound instead of letting two baldwin piano play the same thing.

Melissa has an Akai Advance Keyboard, an Akai MPC Touch Drum Machine, a Minimoog Synth, an Access Virus TI Synth and a monitor. But i have no idea she use what for what.

3 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Melissa has an Akai Advance Keyboard, an Akai MPC Touch Drum Machine, a Minimoog Synth, an Access Virus TI Synth and a monitor. But i have no idea she use what for what.

Don't forget the Macbook for tweeting. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Dizzy used to only use a Hammond XK3 keyboard on older days, you can see it on the Tokyo DVD, nowadays he split it on a Baldwin upright piano on song like Estranged, CW, Nightrain, SCOM, KOHD, and use his Hammond keyboard to achieve more electronic sound on ISE, YCBM, OTGM, RQ, and PC.

But he choose to play Hammond when doubling Axl piano part on NR, maybe because they want to achieve two different kind of sound instead of letting two baldwin piano play the same thing.

Dizzy isn't doubling Axl's parts anymore, he used to double Axl's parts on the Illusion tour, now he play the strings parts on the first half and organ on the second half. This video show him playing the strings parts on 0:40: 

Edited by sousadias
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sousadias said:

Dizzy isn't doubling Axl's parts anymore, he used to double Axl's parts on the Illusion tour, now he play the strings parts on the first half and organ on the second half. This video show him playing the strings parts on 0:40: 

Oh thanks for correcting me dude, I was actually just observing some video on youtube, but it's was very hard to determine what the keyboard players does since the audience video didn't reach the back of the keyboard players like the pro shot video. Lucky we have Axl in ear monitor recording, to slightly determine what Dizzy does.

But, then what Pitman/Melissa do is still remain an unsolved mystery.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...