On 15/10/2016 at 11:45 PM, Tom-Ass said:

It would be awesome if she didn't show up for the South American leg of the tour..

Tom: what´s your problem with Melissa? :shrugs: I live in South America and I´m going to be thrilled to watch the band ( including her). Counting the days...

Edited by Juliette

I couldn't care less about that Melissa chick, Dizzy or a 3rd or 4th guitar player in the band. And even if they'd bring a bongo player or whatever...

It may Sound better. For sure. But if I'd care about that I wouldn't go to a fckn rock concert and just stay home listening to the records.
IMHO: They sounded better and more authentic back in the 80s.

• Like 1

Same reason Pittman was. Whatever he was doing, after he got canned, they needed someone else to do it. And she can sing backups and harmonies, something I dare say not one person from the Pittman era could do properly.

Edited by moreblack

21 minutes ago, highvoltage said:

She's a beast. 

She absolutely kills the backing vocals on Chinese Democracy! Check them out, she goes a whole octave up above Axl!

Her singing on ChiDem is my favorite contribution of hers. Actually adds to the song

• Like 1

On 10/19/2016 at 2:21 PM, Tom-Ass said:

She is useless. She doesn't fit in a rock band like Guns N' Roses. She looks stupid bouncing around like an idiot while pretending to play along to these timeless rock classics. Pretending to be playing shit is almost as bad as lip syncing. Her presence and appearance just ads a cheesy pop element  to an otherwise bad ass rock band. If she is contributing anything, it is nothing that Dizzy couldn't do.  7 band members is just overkill . Her backing ground vocals are over stated. They might sound good on some of the ballads but they don't sound good when she is singing over Duffs backup vocals on a song like Out Ta Get Me. A song she should be nowhere near in the first place. If they want her to sing backups on ballads, just have her come out for those songs. 

Enjoy the show.. Those South American shows are going to be off the hook. I am jealous.

I don’t get people who think they as a fan have a right to tell a member of a band what they should or should not be doing, what their place is within the band, what they should wear and what option of an in ear monitor or headphones to wear.

Are you a member of the band?

Are you involved in band business decisions?

Maybe if you ask someone within the band they might tell you what Mellissa adds to the band as what she does only affects these people.

What is a rock band by the way. I thought rock n roll was about expressing who you are as a person but you seem to think it’s defined to a curtain visual look.

Did you think the same thing when Axl wore bike shorts? Was that the look that fits a rock band or do you think Axl wanted to wear something comfortable at the time that suited his needs. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, kiwiguns said:

I don’t get people who think they as a fan have a right to tell a member of a band what they should or should not be doing, what their place is within the band, what they should wear and what option of an in ear monitor or headphones to wear.

Are you a member of the band?

Are you involved in band business decisions?

Maybe if you ask someone within the band they might tell you what Mellissa adds to the band as what she does only affects these people.

What is a rock band by the way. I thought rock n roll was about expressing who you are as a person but you seem to think it’s defined to a curtain visual look.

Did you think the same thing when Axl wore bike shorts? Was that the look that fits a rock band or do you think Axl wanted to wear something comfortable at the time that suited his needs. 

A fan has every right to say what they think.if we all loved everything a band did it'd be boring as shit

• Like 3

4 hours ago, axlthepose said:

Shes there for the same reason as pittman . For the Chinese songs , all those layers of sound effects . Thats about it ! Just to make Axl Happy basically . 

shes there due to axl's insecurity he needs a large buffer around him and the originals so his throne doesn't feel threatened ...sad but true

• Like 4