On October 22, 2016 at 9:42 AM, AslatIE said:

Have you thought that maybe, just MAYBE, she's there for the music? 

Obviously none of us know the truth. Pure speculation on all our parts. 

Let me ask you this. What do you think the Axl that lived from 1986-1993 would have said if you went back in time and told him "eventually Guns n Roses will not only have a keyboard player in the band, but also a girl with cotton candy blue hair that will play another keyboard and add synthesizer noises to songs while she hops up and down like she is at a rave. "

1. Awesome, that's my vision for GnR 

or

2. Get the fuck out of here before I knock you out. 

Edited by Apollo

On 10/19/2016 at 6:21 PM, Tom-Ass said:

bouncing around like an idiot

i don't dislike Melissa. for whatever reason she's there. however, when i first saw her i was reminded of Janice from The Muppets, a prime time show on ABC from 2015. it only had 17 epis before it was canceled. anyway make Janice's hair blue, give her a keyboard instead of a guitar and Janice could be Melissa's muppet doppelganger :P Janice bops around a lot, another reason she reminds me of Melissa.

i tried to find a video of Janice w/the Muppet band bopping away but this is the closest i came across:

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Apollo said:

Let me ask you this. What do you think the Axl that lived from 1986-1993 would have said if you went back in time and told him "eventually Guns n Roses will not only have a keyboard player in the band, but also a girl with cotton candy blue hair that will play another keyboard and add synthesizer noises to songs while she hops up and down like she is at a rave. "

or

This is the same Axl that performed with the 2002 GNR at the VMAs. Compared to that band Melissa's blue hair is tame. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Apollo said:

or

Well by 1993 we'd already had Dizzy, Zig Zag, the backup singers,  and that whole mess. So what's the difference really?

Anyway, I don't think Axl has ever really been a hard rocker at heart. That just happened to be the music of the time and he happened to be good at singing it.

• Like 2

On 10/1/2016 at 6:22 AM, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Well Dizzy was very loud on Axl in ear monitor recording videos.

But we can't hear what Melissa do even on that one, and yeah i still believe Melissa is actually do something because if she just pretending to play keys why don't she pretends to play on all song instead she switch to play shaker and even just standing doing nothing on some song.

She wasn't gorgeously pretty but she so sensual tho. Would smash.

Can you giveme a example of that? I never saw her playing percussion insruments.

6 minutes ago, Sosso said:

It's sad that we can't hear most of the percussion instruments. Underrated.

Yeah, normally they were very buried. But fortunately we got something like this.

If they ever release this tour DVD, i always think the buried keyboard and percussion will be little bit louder since Axl seems like a fan of those things.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

Yeah, normally they were very buried. But fortunately we got something like this.

If they ever release this tour DVD, i always think the buried keyboard and percussion will be little bit louder since Axl seems like a fan of those things.

Yeah,  me too. I play some of them as well (tambourine, bongos , shakers, etc.).

• Like 1

On 23/10/2016 at 4:39 PM, Apollo said:

or

LOL a non-sequiter argument right there.

• Like 1

On 24/10/2016 at 1:13 AM, bigpoop said:

Well by 1993 we'd already had Dizzy, Zig Zag, the backup singers,  and that whole mess. So what's the difference really?

Anyway, I don't think Axl has ever really been a hard rocker at heart. That just happened to be the music of the time and he happened to be good at singing it.

No way, he lives for it. Look how great and happy he is in AC/DC. Plus the intensity of when he sings anything even remotely heavy. It's a release for him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlexC said:

No way, he lives for it. Look how great and happy he is in AC/DC. Plus the intensity of when he sings anything even remotely heavy. It's a release for him.

Not only does he live for it, it is what he is best at. I am not saying he isn't good at semi progressive stuff such as some of the Illusions gems.. But look at him on some of that AC/DC stuff, Appetite and LIES.. Like you said the intensity he still brings on songs like "Out Ta Get Me".. The guy is one the best rock front men and artist of all time... 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Not only does he live for it, it is what he is best at. I am not saying he isn't good at semi progressive stuff such as some of the Illusions gems.. But look at him on some of that AC/DC stuff, Appetite and LIES.. Like you said the intensity he still brings on songs like "Out Ta Get Me".. The guy is one the best rock front men and artist of all time... 

Yes, it was blatantly obvious when he went  to AC/DC. Also, when he could sing it well, I noticed he really got stuck into YCBM, he  really loves that one. 

After hearing CD I thought he'd gone soft too, not the case after seeing him sing the heavier guns songs and then the AC/DC songs. 

I just don't think he's very good at putting those types of songs together, it's where he really needs Izzy and Slash. 

1 hour ago, makkonen said:

This.

Double this

Do you idiots really think she's going to come tribute shit like in the playstation video to GNR? I could care less if she's on stage or not, and even get why people don't like her in GNR. To me she's no different than the backup singers in the UYI days. Either way, calling her a bitch is excessive. Come on

• Like 2

Y'all need to see what kind of games she contributing soundtrack for, the Playstation Home is social media 3D sims like games, the song may sound silly, but it was worked and appropriate enough for the goddamn Sony, basically the Playstation console developer itself, to put it on their own games.

Race for Destruction song Brain and Melissa made is more heavy because it was made for Twisted Metal, that car demolition derby game.

On October 23, 2016 at 5:17 PM, The Holographic Universe said:

This is the same Axl that performed with the 2002 GNR at the VMAs. Compared to that band Melissa's blue hair is tame. 

Very true. 

But I loved that lineup. They had so much potential to kick the rock world in the Nuttsack. I wish Axl would have relaxed 3-4 albums and kept that group going. 

• Like 1