John Frusciante.

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

Massive fan. He's one of the greats! A true inspiration. Weird as FUCK tho...

True. But you know, I think rock misses these weird fuckers. Without that little bit of different weirdness you end up with cats just playing what came before them and playing what they think appeals to the masses. You end up losing some creativity. I think the past 10 years or so in rock is perfect evidence of this. This generation seems too cool to be weird.

John is easily one of the best modern guitarists. Probably one of the best all time for that matter. He's can rock, get funky, psychedelic, and get that kind of dreamy sound and he can nail them all. His work from Californication onward is amazing.

• Like 3

Huge Frusciante fan. Hate to admit it, but hoping his very costly, recent divorce forces him back into rock as his foray into electronic music has sucked. Sucked bad.  :lol:

Seriously, time for him to get back in the game. There's only so many times I can keep watching the Slane Castle DVD...

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Turn_It_Up said:

Huge Frusciante fan. Hate to admit it, but hoping his very costly, recent divorce forces him back into rock as his foray into electronic music has sucked. Sucked bad.  :lol:

Seriously, time for him to get back in the game. There's only so many times I can keep watching the Slane Castle DVD...

Lol. Have you seen the concert from Poland? It's pro shot from the stadium arcadium. It's on YouTube.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, vloors said:

Great guitarist and writer but lost the plot and is doing electronic music these days

One of the only guitar players that is actually moving forward musically. He didn't lost any plots, its just rock is only one of his influenche  and his music truly changes and evolves. His latest album was great and i think he kinda does it all. Very creative and an original follower of jimi is more than one could hope for. Glad he didnt die cause a lot of his bestWas written after th heroin use.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Rovim said:

One of the only guitar players that is actually moving forward musically. He didn't lost any plots, its just rock is only one of his influenche  and his music truly changes and evolves. His latest album was great and i think he kinda does it all. Very creative and an original follower of jimi is more than one could hope for. Glad he didnt die cause a lot of his bestWas written after th heroin use.

Problem is he doesnt use the guitar now and his playing dub step electronic type of music and its horrible. 

Come back to the guitar john 

One of my fav solo albums from him 

Edited by vloors

On 10/4/2016 at 8:09 PM, vloors said:

Problem is he doesnt use the guitar now and his playing dub step electronic type of music and its horrible. 

Come back to the guitar john 

One of my fav solo albums from him 

This one seems to get a little bit less attention it seems but it might be my favorite. Lever Pulled, Anne, and Leap Your Bar are incredible. I can genuinely call his music "touching" and not in a cheesy or generic way, he's just able to convey certain kinds of emotions in ways I haven't ever heard.

• Like 1

Come on now, I love experimental music and John but why not admit he's lost the plot a little? Some of his last work is nothing but ridiculous. The Empyrean was his last great album. We got bits and pieces of cool stuff here and there but nothing compared to his previous work. I don't want him to return to rock music or whatever but a little more structure would be nice.

Edited by maynard

• 1 month later...
On 10/6/2016 at 0:52 PM, maynard said:

I don't want him to return to rock music or whatever but a little more structure would be nice.

Was totally wanting to dig his electronic stuff and there's a few kinda cool tracks(or parts of tracks). But as you say and he admits, almost no structure. That's intentional as he wanted to get away from structured music as it was boring him.

He's an amazing musician and should do what turns him on. Just too bad it no longer seems to involve guitar... 

On 6.10.2016 at 8:52 PM, maynard said:

Come on now, I love experimental music and John but why not admit he's lost the plot a little? Some of his last work is nothing but ridiculous. The Empyrean was his last great album. We got bits and pieces of cool stuff here and there but nothing compared to his previous work. I don't want him to return to rock music or whatever but a little more structure would be nice.

It's perfectly structured. On Enclosure every tune is solid as fuck, every tune always maintains musical direction. Perhaps you've only listened to it once or you just don't get it considering your love for "true experimental, electronic, and industrial music", I would guess you'd have a deeper understanding of more complex arrangements.

But you clearly have a peasant's taste and you just don't get it. U2 is probably just the right amounts of experimental electronic for you. Pop fuckin' rocks.

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, Rovim said:

It's perfectly structured. On Enclosure every tune is solid as fuck, every tune always maintains musical direction. Perhaps you've only listened to it once or you just don't get it considering your love for "true experimental, electronic, and industrial music", I would guess you'd have a deeper understanding of more complex arrangements.

But you clearly have a peasant's taste and you just don't get it. U2 is probably just the right amounts of experimental electronic for you. Pop fuckin' rocks.

Nope, it's a mess. I've listened to it several times and compared to say... Aphex Twin, it sounds a bid amateur-ish. My understanding of music, complex or not, is fine. As opposed to yours if I take into account your thousands of reviews of Chinese Democracy. CD is Nirvana + Glam Rock and Eminem.

You have a shitty taste Rovim. You are a shitty poster with shitty things to say. Your comprehension of music is shit.

Music has to be good, there's nothing to "get". I love John and consider him a genius but his carreer took a bad direction. U2 is a pop band, there's nothing experimental about their sound, what the fuck are you talking about? I agree that Pop is a great great record and in my opinion it's their best record. It's ok if you disagree with me. Actually it's great that you disagree with me. It means I have a good taste for music.

Now shut up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maynard said:

I love John and consider him a genius but his carreer took a bad direction.

You crack me up sometimes. It's called evolution. It's called progress. How ironic that you talk all this shit about Axl and yet when true evolution of sound stares you in the face you can't see it. lol. You've lost the little credibility you've had. Frusciante is still making great albums, you just don't have the taste to notice.

Edited by Rovim

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

You crack me up sometimes. It's called evolution. It's called progress. How ironic that you talk all this shit about Axl and yet when true evolution of sound stares you in the face you can't see it. lol. You've lost the little credibility you've had. Frusciante is still making great albums, you just don't have the taste to notice.

Nah it's not evolution, it's called drugs fucking up your head too much.

John, like your god Axl, became too pretentious. He's trying to do something he was not born to do. Just listen to any of his songs til The Empyrean and you'll have amazing songs, solo and with RHCP. Great solos, riffs, textures, harmonies, catchy hooks, experimental sounds. Truly genius work. In a pop-rock environment. Then compare it to him fucking up with a drum machine and a synth. It's bad. Not beause it's experimental, it's just bad. It's pointless.

I'm pretty sure there are good ideas buried in his new 'songs' but I know he's cappable of doing more. I know how John approaches to music nowadays, he's truly immersed in it, it's art in a pure state. There isn't and there can't be any commercial motivation behind it... but it still sucks. Like your opinion. Like the post I'm quoting. Still trying to find irony in me saying both Axl and John fail at making music outside their leagues.

Frusciante lost it, you just don't have a functioning brain to realize it.