John Frusciante.

10 minutes ago, maynard said:

Nah it's not evolution, it's called drugs fucking up your head too much.

John, like your god Axl, became too pretentious. He's trying to do something he was not born to do. Just listen to any of his songs til The Empyrean and you'll have amazing songs, solo and with RHCP. Great solos, riffs, textures, harmonies, catchy hooks, experimental sounds. Truly genius work. In a pop-rock environment. Then compare it to him fucking up with a drum machine and a synth. It's bad. Not beause it's experimental, it's just bad. It's pointless.

I'm pretty sure there are good ideas buried in his new 'songs' but I know he's cappable of doing more. I know how John approaches to music nowadays, he's truly immersed in it, it's art in a pure state. There isn't and there can't be any commercial motivation behind it... but it still sucks. Like your opinion. Like the post I'm quoting. Still trying to find irony in me saying both Axl and John fail at making music outside their leagues.

Frusciante lost it, you just don't have a functioning brain to realize it.

More silly nonsense. Frusciante went electronic cause he did too much drugs? You're losing touch with reality.

If you know anything about him as an artist, you'd know the man who left the shitty peppers did it cause he won't create if it's not natural. He is as organic and as forward looking as they come musically.

Just because you start off with a specific sound and approach when you're younger, doesn't mean you're pretentious just cause you've absorbed new musical influences along the way.

Not only did Frusciante achieved that, he somehow made it work by actually combining some of his old approach, still structured quality tunes, but with new sounds and more rhythmically driven compared to his past work.

It still makes sense artistically, the time signatures and changes are brilliant. And to think he still managed to make it fit to lyrics and vocals, that just shows how talented he is. He draws inspiration from many places, not just fuck yeah tunes. That has always been the case.

Edited by Rovim

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

More silly nonsense. Frusciante went electronic cause he did too much drugs? You're losing touch with reality.

If you know anything about him as an artist, you'd know the man who left the shitty peppers did it cause he won't create if it's not natural. He is as organic and as forward looking as they come musically.

Just because you start off with a specific sound and approach when you're younger, doesn't mean you're pretentious just cause you've absorbed new musical influences along the way.

Not only did Frusciante achieved that, he somehow made it work by actually combining some of his old approach, still structured quality tunes, but with new sounds and more rhythmically driven compared to his past work.

It still makes sense artistically, the time signatures and changes are brilliant. And to think he still managed to make it fit to lyrics and vocals, that just shows how talented he is. He draws inspiration from many places, not just fuck yeah tunes. That has always been the case.

Never said he went electronic because of drugs. And you call me silly?

Can't discuss with someone who says stuff like 'shitty peppers'. Their albums with John were brilliant. Pop music at its best.

It's ok if you like his crap. But cut your elitist bullshit saying I don't 'get' it, etc. It's same shit you say for CD. Newsflash kiddo: I get these albums just fine. Problem is that they suck, especially compared to their own past releases. Idiot.

36 minutes ago, maynard said:

Never said he went electronic because of drugs. And you call me silly?

Can't discuss with someone who says stuff like 'shitty peppers'. Their albums with John were brilliant. Pop music at its best.

It's ok if you like his crap. But cut your elitist bullshit saying I don't 'get' it, etc. It's same shit you say for CD. Newsflash kiddo: I get these albums just fine. Problem is that they suck, especially compared to their own past releases. Idiot.

They're all useless without him. His solo work is light years ahead of anything they could dream of doing musically. He's just too quick and sophisticated for you or for the Silly Peppers artistically, doesn't mean he took a "bad turn". On the contrary: he stayed true to his art and always moved forward. He is talented enough to do whatever the fuck he pleases. Every album is a statement.

Enclosure was more tamed compared to his more adventurous experiments, but it was the culmination of everything he wanted to combine. Not many liked it, and you can of course dislike whatever you want, but Frusciante is a genius, and he can easily create 10 more albums and go back to be a full time pepper and repeat himself. He is not interested in that at all. That to him is what you are to me: boring, and doesn't have any value.

There are still great lead guitar parts on Enclosure, great lyrics, crazy tempos and silly amounts of tempo changes and keys. The synths and Fanfare remind me of Queen. A fine release. Another home run while The Red Not Chili Peppers prove again with every album they're worthless without Frusciante. That's just life, deal with it. Brendle's Death Song only good tune out of 2 albums. So shitty.

Edited by Rovim

On 2.10.2016 at 4:29 PM, J Dog said:

True. But you know, I think rock misses these weird fuckers. Without that little bit of different weirdness you end up with cats just playing what came before them and playing what they think appeals to the masses. You end up losing some creativity. I think the past 10 years or so in rock is perfect evidence of this. This generation seems too cool to be weird.

John is easily one of the best modern guitarists. Probably one of the best all time for that matter. He's can rock, get funky, psychedelic, and get that kind of dreamy sound and he can nail them all. His work from Californication onward is amazing.

Good post bro, but doesn't the world also "needs" solo artists that are... how should I put this delicately... too fuckin' good to be in just a rock band? too good in that they are far more versatile for that kind of shit and might get bored if they don't do exactly what they want to do creatively speaking.

I listen to Frusciante's solo work and all he has done in the Chili Peppers, and for me, I can see how he wanted to break free of these constraints. He doesn't really like to tour, not his main thing and he did a lot of albums with the Chili's.

He doesn't need a proper band to deliver his musical vision anymore. In fact, that could derail him from what he's artistically interested in right now.

I'd say he got out in time, made great music with the peppers, and then left and now does whatever the fuck he wants to do in his terms and it's not strictly rock music, but it sounds exactly like Frusciante, no matter what he does and the quality is there.

It's kinda like Bucket and genius players/muscians. Eventually they might get bored and they're better off just doing their own thing. They just have enough or more to say on their lonesome.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Yeah. I have to say, I've never heard the term lost the plot until this thread. What plot? Who's plot? And did anyone bother telling John he lost it?

I don't understand all that. The guy is a serious musician pretty much doing what he wants to. Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, Stadium Arcadium, after those I feel like he's kinda earned the right to do whatever he pleases.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, J Dog said:

Yeah. I have to say, I've never heard the term lost the plot until this thread. What plot? Who's plot? And did anyone bother telling John he lost it?

I don't understand all that. The guy is a serious musician pretty much doing what he wants to. Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Californication, Stadium Arcadium, after those I feel like he's kinda earned the right to do whatever he pleases.

The best ones never find the plot :lol: