Speculation: Was Axl in mind before Brian left?

IncitingChaos

7 hours ago, AlexC said:

Brian wanted out because he knew he couldn't perform well anymore. He's had a myriad of recurring health problems for years now and I think he was just done. This hearing thing is no way the main cause. It's just a way to save face for Brian and to not look like he's quitting on the fans. Angus and the rest of the guys went along with it in respect to Brian. No way in hell did Angus fire him, quite the opposite. It's just sad that Angus is getting the blame when it's obvious that he's trying to cover up for Brian. No shame in quitting though. The man has given 36 years of his life to AC/DC and his legacy is intact. Good luck to him, he's a stand up guy and he has one of the greatest vocal performances ever recorded in the Back in Black album to his name. He was a monster back in the day.

But if Angus wants to continue with Axl, then for the love of fuck please do an album!

I agree with you.  And yes, a new AC/DC album with Axl would make a dream come true!!!

• Like 1

Brian is still able to sing well. His was was actually very good during his last tour.

But the hearing loss was no lie and he was also very tired of touring. The man is almost 70 and the way he sing is very hard.

A new album with Axl would be great only IF they are able to make a decent album. Axl gotta come up with some great lyrics because that`s something Angus struggles with.

9 hours ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

agreed!

Are there any good books about AC/DC? I need to know why everyone says the Youngs have always been so ruthless, it makes them sound a bit like a mafia firm :lol:

The only time I've ever thought bad of AC/DC was at Download 2010 when they had to have their own stage set up next to the main stage (it looked ridiculous) and they wouldn't have their name printed on the official T-shirt. I ended up being too ill to see them anyway and had to leave, so never saw that line up. 

On 2-12-2016 at 1:28 PM, shocker said:

Brian is still able to sing well. His was was actually very good during his last tour.

He was barely making it through the songs and clearly holding back during the last tour. From the get go it felt to me like this was one tour too many for Brian.

Not taking away anything he's done prior as he was great live before, but the rock or bust tour to me felt like the band had surpassed its stay.

Of course I was proven wrong once Axl joined and the band came alive again.

You really can't fault Brian, he put in his time and for me will always be the lead singer of AC/DC, as Bon Scott is for so many other people.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 4:38 AM, AlexC said:

Brian wanted out because he knew he couldn't perform well anymore. He's had a myriad of recurring health problems for years now and I think he was just done. This hearing thing is no way the main cause. It's just a way to save face for Brian and to not look like he's quitting on the fans. Angus and the rest of the guys went along with it in respect to Brian. No way in hell did Angus fire him, quite the opposite. It's just sad that Angus is getting the blame when it's obvious that he's trying to cover up for Brian. No shame in quitting though. The man has given 36 years of his life to AC/DC and his legacy is intact. Good luck to him, he's a stand up guy and he has one of the greatest vocal performances ever recorded in the Back in Black album to his name. He was a monster back in the day.

But if Angus wants to continue with Axl, then for the love of fuck please do an album!

what are you basing this on? 

hearing damage is a legitimate enough reason to raise the white flag. We really don't know to what level Brians hearing is at, but if it's at serious risk I would believe anyone in his position would take it serious and not care about saving face.

Look the Breuer story seems like the closest version of the story... a one sided story but it's clear that 1. Brians hearing is severely damaged 2. He didn't think he was out of the band, until his things landed on his doorstep and he heard replacement rumours and 3. that the relationship within ACDC is not the band of brothers that everyone would like to think, brian very much considered himself far down the chain as an almost backing musician rather than a guy lived the world over.

I would love to read an interview with Brian these days. Hear his reaction to the positive reaction to Axl/DC, how his hearing is... if he's done completely etc. Hopefully we get that interview next year. I don't want a big tell all mud slinging interview... but if he wanted to do it that way, he is well within his rights after being replaced without a proper conversation to say "this is what we need to do", 36 years in AC/DC and their biggest albums... still think they screwed him. Yes, if he said "I'm working with these doctors on a system to get back on stage, but it's gonna take a year... find a replacement for the year, and then let's see where things are" then fair enough, no one has hurt feelings, but! if it was "My ears aren't great, my doc says I might go deaf, but I'm getting a 2nd opinion" and before he can get that 2n opinion the band released a statement, then I call bullshit!

5 hours ago, Bumblefeet said:

He was barely making it through the songs and clearly holding back during the last tour. From the get go it felt to me like this was one tour too many for Brian.

Not taking away anything he's done prior as he was great live before, but the rock or bust tour to me felt like the band had surpassed its stay.

You really can't fault Brian, he put in his time and for me will always be the lead singer of AC/DC, as Bon Scott is for so many other people.

I have to agree with this. Compared to the performances Brian gave on the Black Ice tour he was really struggling. I wasn't impressed, but he was still better than a lot of singers 20/30 yrs younger than him... regardless, I think they should have hung up their school boy shorts after black ice once it was clear Malcolm wasn't going to be able to continue. Black ice was a fairly decent album... rock or bust just didn't do a thing for me! I could have done without it. 

2 hours ago, AlexC said:

I never said the hearing loss issue was a lie, I just seriously doubt it was the main cause for his departure, more like a convenient excuse.

I think that as well. I remember reading somewhere that he said that he was planing to quit way before while Malcolm was still there, and that Malcolm said no way he's gonna allow him to do so. However I believe that that Brian might be a bit bitter because he thought once he leaves that Angus won't look for another singer.

It's still all speculation but that's my opinion.

On 02/12/2016 at 2:35 PM, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Are there any good books about AC/DC? I need to know why everyone says the Youngs have always been so ruthless, it makes them sound a bit like a mafia firm :lol:

The only time I've ever thought bad of AC/DC was at Download 2010 when they had to have their own stage set up next to the main stage (it looked ridiculous) and they wouldn't have their name printed on the official T-shirt. I ended up being too ill to see them anyway and had to leave, so never saw that line up. 

There are a few good documentaries on youtube.

Nothing as bad as Metallica mind; upon sacking David Mustaine he had to bus it across the entire USA!

• Like 1

On 12/4/2016 at 8:03 AM, DieselDaisy said:

There are a few good documentaries on youtube.

Nothing as bad as Metallica mind; upon sacking David Mustaine he had to bus it across the entire USA!

i used to feel bad for Mustaine til i started following him on Twitter.

never heard that AC/DC was like that...kinda intriguing!

On 12/3/2016 at 4:32 PM, Bumblefeet said:

This year he was rough, sure. But he sounded good last year - it was his best year vocally since 2001, no question.

• 2 months later...
On 2.12.2016 at 5:38 AM, AlexC said:

They could also do a Las Vegas residency! 

I heard that it would been Brians last tour, so they would have been forced to find a replacement anyway.