Guitar World: SLASH & IZZY STRADLIN

2 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

He's trolling, right? He has to, even Fortus himself would laugh at that. And just for the record, I like Fortus, but he CANT replace Izzy when it comes to what he means to GnR.

Really, it's not Richard's fault. No one can replace any of those 5 guys. Take one of them out and the band is not the same. NOT EVEN CLOSE.

I'd love to see some pro shot material from the late 80's. GNR were at their best and the shows were mostly straight Rock N' Roll! :headbang:

• Like 2

On 10/6/2016 at 4:52 PM, WhazUp said:

I like both Izzy and Richard -fuck me, right? :shrugs:

Anyways Izzy and Slash are like peanut butter and chocolate and AFD is the best Reese's peanut butter cup ever

I like them both too. I think fortus is great and the complaints about sharing solos with slash and what not is just nonsensical whining. However, considering Izzy had such an impact on this band both writing and recording, he should be there first. 

That being said, I hope izzy returns and things work out. 

• Like 2

On 10/6/2016 at 4:27 PM, Caraibes said:

Just wait for the next records : Richard will be EVERYWHERE.

Impossible.

Session musician Richard Fortus was NEVER Guns N' Roses first choice for this tour.  They wanted Izzy, when Izzy said "I want the same amount of money you guys are getting" and Guns N' Roses refused to do that, Izzy declined to join them, and then they asked Fortus who, obviously, is a lot cheaper.

If they ever wanted to release a new album of original material, I think they would try to ask Izzy again, who has proven already, to be a great songwriter.  What has Fortus proven? That he can decently play Izzy's guitar parts?  That's not enough to consider him for an album.  He is very replaceable.  There are currently millions of guitarists around the globe like Fortus playing other people's material for money.

In a way, Fortus should be thankful Izzy declined to join Guns.  Without him doing that, Fortus would be playing guitar on stage with someone like, I don't know, Enrique Iglesias? ;)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Impossible.

Session musician Richard Fortus was NEVER Guns N' Roses first choice for this tour.  They wanted Izzy, when Izzy said "I want the same amount of money you guys are getting" and Guns N' Roses refused to do that, Izzy declined to join them, and then they asked Fortus who, obviously, is a lot cheaper.

If they ever wanted to release a new album of original material, I think they would try to ask Izzy again, who has proven already, to be a great songwriter.  What has Fortus proven? That he can decently play Izzy's guitar parts?  That's not enough to consider him for an album.  He is very replaceable.  There are currently millions of guitarists around the globe like Fortus playing other people's material for money.

In a way, Fortus should be thankful Izzy declined to join Guns.  Without him doing that, Fortus would be playing guitar on stage with someone like, I don't know, Enrique Iglesias? ;)

Incorrect. Fortus was already there so they didn't see the need to deal izzy back into the partnership.  Slash duff and axl didn't vote on who would be on rhythm guitar, slash and duff rejoined axls band. And if gnr puts out a new album, Chinese leftovers would be on it so, chances are Richards parts would be on the album. 

31 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

I'm not even sure he is...

He has been posting the same type of messages for, at least, the last ten years on a french guitar forum. He was known as Nesquick back then. :wow:

Well he keeps this up, he ain't gonna last here ten years, you can be sure of that.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

I'm not even sure he is...

He has been posting the same type of messages for, at least, the last ten years on a french guitar forum. He was known as Nesquick back then. :wow:

1 minute ago, janrichmond said:

i saw that he does it on other less known GnR sites too:facepalm:

Really? Wtf is wrong with him.......

11 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Incorrect. Fortus was already there so they didn't see the need to deal izzy back into the partnership.  Slash duff and axl didn't vote on who would be on rhythm guitar, slash and duff rejoined axls band. And if gnr puts out a new album, Chinese leftovers would be on it so, chances are Richards parts would be on the album. 

Factually incorrect.

- Izzy was asked to join Guns for this tour.
- The partnership has not existed since the mid 90s.  It's been reestablished this year.
- If Izzy was asked, they weren't considering Fortus as the rhythm guitarist.
- Izzy said "They didn't want to split the loot equally."  Axl is they now? :lol:  If so, with whom is he splitting the "loot"?
- Slash and Duff can't re-join a band they were never a part of.  Guns N' Roses stopped existing in the mid 90s.  Guns N' Roses was never Axl's band.
- Chinese leftovers?  Have you heard them?  Answer is no.  Then you don't know what they would release as a new record, if they ever released one.
- Do you know for a fact Richard has written stuff for those CD leftovers?  If anything, Buckethead and Finck have, Fortus - with his mediocre songwriting style - don't think so.

• Like 4

On ‎6‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 11:27 PM, Caraibes said:

Just wait for the next records : Richard will be EVERYWHERE.

Fortus has been EVERYWHERE since 2002 ... and he STILL hasn't managed to contribute ANYTHING.

Imagine this, of all the bands he could've picked to be useless in and try and make his mark in, he picks the one band that DOESN'T release albums.  Good job.  Karma is a bitch.

The only album he's ever going to be on, is his own solo album, and yes, that'll be EVERYWHERE ... in every sales bin !

• Like 2

What I've seen from Izzy jamming with Axl's solo band (also called GNR for money reasons) is that unfortunately, he's completely clueless of what to do on a stage and I'm afraid his guitar can not be plugged in or audible or he will mess things up badly. With Izzy on board, they would've needed three guitar players, Fortus would still be there.

Izzy refused to play with real GNR in the HoF just to join Axl's solo project weeks later for money. His solo albums are mediocre. Uninspired shitty Stones rip-offs. It's amazing how bad Izzy needed the AFD guys to help him to achieve great things. By himself the guy is awful, probably the most untalented member of the AFD crew (Adler can still play damn well live).

The more I think about it the more I see that Izzy was a lucky guy. He hated Slash's shredding but it was Slash's iconic riffs that took GNR to the next level. He contributed to some of the best GNR songs but a quick listen to his solo albums shows that he simply can't do a single good song on his own. He's way overrated around here and I doubt people really like his solo stuff.

Now Fortus - hired session musician. Not even fair to compare. He's nothing, a nobody to GNR's legacy.

If I had to choose, Izzy would be my choice for the rhythm guitar spot, of course. It just baffles me how bad his songwriting is by himself. It's clear he needed Axl, Slash and Duff much more than they needed him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maynard said:

What I've seen from Izzy jamming with Axl's solo band (also called GNR for money reasons) is that unfortunately, he's completely clueless of what to do on a stage and I'm afraid his guitar can not be plugged in or audible or he will mess things up badly. With Izzy on board, they would've needed three guitar players, Fortus would still be there.

Izzy refused to play with real GNR in the HoF just to join Axl's solo project weeks later for money. His solo albums are mediocre. Uninspired shitty Stones rip-offs. It's amazing how bad Izzy needed the AFD guys to help him to achieve great things. By himself the guy is awful, probably the most untalented member of the AFD crew (Adler can still play damn well live).

The more I think about it the more I see that Izzy was a lucky guy. He hated Slash's shredding but it was Slash's iconic riffs that took GNR to the next level. He contributed to some of the best GNR songs but a quick listen to his solo albums shows that he simply can't do a single good song on his own. He's way overrated around here and I doubt people really like his solo stuff.

Now Fortus - hired session musician. Not even fair to compare. He's nothing, a nobody to GNR's legacy.

If I had to choose, Izzy would be my choice for the rhythm guitar spot, of course. It just baffles me how bad his songwriting is by himself. It's clear he needed Axl, Slash and Duff much more than they needed him. 

i wish i had half the talent Izzy has to create groovy power riffs. these chords are around forever, yet Izzy makes them sound so badass. and that's just scrapng the surface with Izzy

• Like 1

Izzy was very important for the melodies and made the complex songs easier for the listeners. Perfect dude for studio. Im not convinced of Izzy as a live player since he is clean. And the truth is that Izzy and Slash had no hit songs together since 1991...Izzy didn't use his chance to join Velvet Revolver as well...

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Billsfan said:

:rofl-lol: talk about bias.. the only thing factually incorrect around here is what you just said

- Izzy was asked to join. But for what you clearly have no clue about. You don't know if he was asked back to be in the band full time or if they just wanted him to guest like Steven. 

- The partnership may not have functioned but it actually did exist. Slash had to sign off on the Vegas residency DVD. That proves that point.

- if izzy was asked. Wow. See, you literally just contradicted your first statement. Now your using if so you haven't the slightest clue as to whether he was asked or not. He was asked to be involved but you have no clue to what extent that was. And there is NO EVIDENCE ANYWHERE that axl would ditch him. Everybody from the last lineup of gnr who is gone quit on their own, with the exception of pitman but even then that's a maybe. We don't know what happened there. 

- Izzy said they didn't want to split the loot. They is axl slash and duff as far as pay. That has nothing to do with the fact that axl owns the name. Izzy wants to be in the partnership. 

- Guns N' Roses was ALWAYS Axls band. Guns N' Roses existed before slash duff and Steven even joined. The name Guns N' Roses existed ever since with Axl running the show. By your logic, it no longer exists when you've already stated several times around here that it exists again. Chinese democracy, may be an axl rose album, was released under the name Guns N' Roses. It doesn't matter if you wanna believe otherwise, the technicality tops your point.

- Chinese leftovers. This point proves you're arguing for the sake of arguing. It's well established there is more material that hasn't been released being hidden. Just because it hasn't leaked doesn't mean it doesn't exist. I bet you think a million dollars doesn't exist either because you've never seen it right? 

-Oh yeah, Axl has said himself he's played stuff for slash and duff and they're into it. And this is proven because,they've played 6 songs from Chinese democracy live. People like you arguing that the Chinese material is mediocre and something that is bad, hey it's your opinion. It's far from fact and it's not something slash and duff agree with, CLEARLY. Axl rose said that in the Chinese exchange interview, an interview you clearly didn't bother watching. I guess informing oneself is overrated, so at least you were able to prove something to me there. 

- I don't believe anything was mentioned about fortus having written material for Chinese. Him having recorded material, kind of like Brian recording josh freeses written parts, was the point. Maybe you should read next time. But hey, I guess it's a moot point from a guy who clearly knows more than anyone else :lol::lol::lol: thanks for that

I get that you don't like the Chinese era and it doesn't suit what you think gnr should or shouldn't be.. whatever. But it's your opinion and a lot of what you've said is straight fiction. You're trying to repaint a picture because you don't like how it looks.  And off the record, I want izzy there over fortus. I'd even settle for both as long as izzy was there. 

GNR was NEVER Axl's band. Never. He owns the name but that's a totally different thing.

I'm talking about real Guns. Not Axl's solo projekt called Guns n Roses

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

GNR was NEVER Axl's band. Never. He owns the name but that's a totally different thing.

I'm talking about real Guns. Not Axl's solo projekt called Guns n Roses

Yeah but by technicality, it's a band called Guns N' Roses. That was the point being proven. And regardless of whether you can see it or not, it doesn't bury your point. 

I would still say that ultimately, It is axls call and has the final say. He's the owner of a sports franchise. As much as people hate sports analogies with music, this isn't any old band. It's Guns N' Roses. Aka a beast of its own.

And off the record, they're playing 6 songs from Chinese democracy. No one other solo material, not velvet revolver even. So even though Tom and slash787 and some others want to see the picture differently, it is what it is. Axl isn't a control freak, probably never was really, and it's clear he's allowing everyone else to have a say as long as he gets the final sign off.