Izzys back in the studio

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

LOL. I was also wondering how one does show up in "no person". Astral projection? Izzy probably has mastered that ability. :lol:

Well the studio's in Georgia, Rick and Joey live in Georgia, they could do their tracks without Izzy there. And then he could add his stuff from wherever. But he's going to show up and rock in person.

• Like 1

Regarding the digital thing, what annoyed me was Izzy's digital albums could only be bought in compressed MP3 - maybe they have since been provided in FLAC in which case I should update my copies. It is ironic that, a guy so rootsy and ''Old Hat'' (to paraphrase his song) was way ahead of his time on the downloading/musical front! Like A Dog was 2005!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wasted said:

So you don't have the albums? 

Like A Dog is pretty bad ass. 

Nope I just have the JuJu Hounds, 177 degrees and River. I have heard great things about Like A Dog. The couple songs I have heard were really good too.

The DJ on Ozzy's boneyard actually talked about Izzy recording yesterday. HE didn't have any real news or anything. Just the pic that was tweeted..

It is a damn that we have gotten this far and he isn't recording with Guns N' Roses...

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nope I just have the JuJu Hounds, 177 degrees and River. I have heard great things about Like A Dog. The couple songs I have heard were really good too.

The DJ on Ozzy's boneyard actually talked about Izzy recording yesterday. HE didn't have any real news or anything. Just the pic that was tweeted..

It is a damn that we have gotten this far and he isn't recording with Guns N' Roses...

Don't forget On Down The Road, his last physical record, which was released in Japan; it is my joint favourite (with 117 Degrees) album of his.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

And a little touring wouldn't hurt either. Ah, a woman can dream :lol:

I just saw this on Twitter guys! Apparently, Izzy is still recording things!

c6jt33e.png

I googled up The Vault Studio Lounge and it seems to be in Atlanta. So its confirmed that Fat Slash will be on Lead Guitar. 

4 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

oh so it's not the real Slash?

No, its Rick Richards, he has played with Izzy since the JuJu hounds days, he has basically been on every Izzy solo album I guess. He just resembles Slash cause of his hair. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I googled up The Vault Studio Lounge and it seems to be in Atlanta. So its confirmed that Fat Slash will be on Lead Guitar. 

Fat slash?

Really mate? How old are you? Rhetorical, don't reply!

5 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Thats his nickname on the internet. 

5724468717_f1714d4957.jpg

It's his nickname? 

Dead set....

Georgia Satellites were rather a Black Crowes before the Black Crowes existed. When Axl and Slash were still learning to apply nail varnish, they were producing some good Chuck Berry-esque rock (in a age of undiluted excrement which the 1980s was). Good band.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Georgia Satellites were rather a Black Crowes before the Black Crowes existed. When Axl and Slash were still learning to apply nail varnish, they were producing some good Chuck Berry-esque rock (in a age of undiluted excrement which the 1980s was). Good band.

Dime a fuckin dozen flash in the fuckin pan. They had a gimmick song on MTV. Just because he's seated at the elbow of the Messiah himself in the JuJu's doesn't make him some guitar legend, nor does it mean you can compare the Georgia fuckin Satellites to the Black Crowes! 

25 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Dime a fuckin dozen flash in the fuckin pan. They had a gimmick song on MTV. Just because he's seated at the elbow of the Messiah himself in the JuJu's doesn't make him some guitar legend, nor does it mean you can compare the Georgia fuckin Satellites to the Black Crowes! 

You say 'dime a...dozen'' yet from my memory everybody was wearing spandex and ripping off Poison during the '80s!! Axl was in chaps!! Fuckin chaps!! And I didn't necesserly compare them in quality - I thoroughly agree with the argument that the Crowes surpass them - merely that they were doing a similar retro thing during an era full of complete dross - only earlier.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

The messiah himself !

Have an issue with ol izzy do we?

7 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Thats his nickname on the internet. 

5724468717_f1714d4957.jpg

NO rick is NOT known "on the internet" as fat slash

i have been reading stuff on rick since the birth of internet and i have NEVER ONCE read ANYONE calling rIck that -- except YOU

i suppose that if you keep calling rick like that people will beallowed to think you are 10 years old or something

I like Izzy and his solo stuff and this is good news and all, but it's a pretty shitty topic to have on the main page.  For those of us that don't come here every day... I saw "New album Rumors" and "Izzy in Studio" threads together and got excited.   This really isn't relevant to the reunion any more than what Miles Kennedy is doing.