Izzys back in the studio

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Georgia Satellites were rather a Black Crowes before the Black Crowes existed. When Axl and Slash were still learning to apply nail varnish, they were producing some good Chuck Berry-esque rock (in a age of undiluted excrement which the 1980s was). Good band.

Good band? please, they sound like a really shit version of Thorogood and the Destroyers

8 hours ago, Glidn said:

The messiah himself !

Have an issue with ol izzy do we?

No, I don't have an issue with Izzy. My issue is with the opinion going around that nobody else in GnR could string together a chord progression without him...

Edited by Fitha_whiskey
  • Like 4

43 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

No, I dt have an issue with Izzy. My issue albis withe opinion going around that nobody andelse in GnR could string together a chord progression without him...

Paul huge already wrote 'em all. Its very silly to think axl and the vault plus the current line up don't have enough good chord progressions and izzy is the only one with the magic fingers. But he is the only one that at least in the past and some of his solo records could write those kind of tunes, more connected to rock n' roll with a punky attack. But he came up with most of the foundation for guns, so of course he is a musical element that can't really be replaced, so its more that i think compated to hd is the only one that could help make a good guns album.

8 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Subjective.

Well yeah but come on ease up on the hyperbole Diesel they aren't that great. It's abit rich to imply that hair metal was only other guitar based music going on at the time. You had some other successful retro acts like Thorogood, Stray Cats, Mellencamp was huge with his brand of rootsy rock n roll and i'm probably forgetting plenty of others . The burgeoning thrash scene and American hardcore ( Black Flag etc) had massive followings as well...whether you think they were shit is as you say subjective. As for taking a pop at Axl n Slash, i think they were doing a little more than playing dress ups in 86 more specifically working on one of the greatest debut albums of all time (undisputed)..so again as you say a little respect wouldn't go astray.

• Like 1

Had a fucked up dream last night. Izzy went on tour with corey taylor as his nu singer and opened every show with the do it for the kids riff and sold smack to old people backstage after the show. I woke up thinking how ironic it is that the most angry guns thing invoking 80's fueds is with izzy and about money. Axl, slash, and duff finally are getting along and happy, but izzy is pissed off on tweeter finding himself out of the band he founded and now is...the time to reunite while its making money. Still not too old. Axl could have been the bigger man. The three of them could have each given izzy a share and make him a real partner. Axl is trying to put a number on izzy's worth based on the past and money. The hardcore fans want izzy back, a guns album, believe me, will be much better with izzy's tunes and after the crazy shit axl pulled he desreves it. Izzy was generous enough to give axl down by the ocean, a song axl got attatched to. Its hard to look past the money, but i think axl doesn't believe izzy did enough for guns to get a bigger share and be a partner again in guns n' roses which is brutally ironic, sad, and...pathetic9000.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

Well yeah but come on ease up on the hyperbole Diesel they aren't that great.

I said, that ''they were producing some good Chuck Berry-esque rock'' and that they were a ''Good band''. I never said they're a ''great band'' - I do however believe Rich Richards is an extremely good guitarist.

14 hours ago, Silverburst80 said:

As for taking a pop at Axl n Slash, i think they were doing a little more than playing dress ups in 86 more specifically working on one of the greatest debut albums of all time (undisputed)..so again as you say a little respect wouldn't go astray.

I was obviously referring to a period before Slash - I do not believe I even mentioned Axl! - joined Guns N' Roses, and infact before GN'R existed, when Slash was pondering on whether or not to join Poison! I was being facetious regardless.

I still stand by my opinion that the 1980s was a poor decade in popular music - certainly poorer that the three preceding decades (1950s - 1970s), and probably marginally poorer than the subsequent decade (1990s).

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Today in "Where's Izzy?" :lol:

JTgYULI.png

And I thought my day had been good... Thank you Twitter for keeping us updated on our messiah :PFor those of you who don't know, Kevin Sellors is the owner of The Vault studio. Fuckin' Stradlin, stop being so cool!

Yeah right...I bet it was Guacamole :shrugs:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

OK, he just posted a pic. Damn... I'm such a fuckin' fangirl when it comes to Izzy I hate myself :lol:

FUCK YEAH

i am getting some UNUSUAL huge expectations for these new izzy recordings!

i also find myself really enjoying UPSIDE DOWN lately

never paid much attention to it when izzy released it a few years ago

now i am hooked!

• Like 1

On 20/10/2016 at 9:04 PM, DieselDaisy said:

I said, that ''they were producing some good Chuck Berry-esque rock'' and that they were a ''Good band''. I never said they're a ''great band'' - I do however believe Rich Richards is an extremely good guitarist.

I was obviously referring to a period before Slash - I do not believe I even mentioned Axl! - joined Guns N' Roses, and infact before GN'R existed, when Slash was pondering on whether or not to join Poison! I was being facetious regardless.

I still stand by my opinion that the 1980s was a poor decade in popular music - certainly poorer that the three preceding decades (1950s - 1970s), and probably marginally poorer than the subsequent decade (1990s).

Well the chaps thing with Axl.....and hey i'm not saying they didn't do those things because of course they did but the way it was worded came across like like it was questioning their integrity to me, "hey here's some good ol boys playing r'n'r in a pick up truck not like some people we know over in LA''. You'll have to excuse me if i don't read the facetious nature of your post.

by the way whoever said it, it's not cool to call a guy who's doing his thing a "Fat Slash".

Edited by Silverburst80

On 10/19/2016 at 2:57 AM, Rovim said:

I kinda think that whole axl n izzy falling out gave izzy more drive than he had to be more active musically and also something to be pissed about. His matt sorum collaboration sounds great.

My guess about the money thing is that axl probably offered a share that he thought was fair, but it was way less than what slash and duff got and are still out there getting.

I think izzy doesn't understand why axl didn't offer a 4 way partnership. He wasn't there for a lot of the ride, but he is as much guns n' roses as any of them if not more. It's a total bummer its where its at right now. Izzy will continue to release great solo albums anyway. I think musically they need him more than he needs them but axl probably already has his vision recorded and can just add slash and duff. But it could have been better with izzy.

I agree with this. If I'm axl slash and duff though, I would finish the calendar year out with the current lineup. Then, I would deal Izzy back into the partnership and work Adler back in as the appetite drummer for the 30th anniversary of appetite next year. Otherwise, the same songs and same set list will get very stale and boring and the demand for this band will decrease.. new material or full appetite reunion is the only way I can see this staying hott

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Billsfan said:

I agree with this. If I'm axl slash and duff though, I would finish the calendar year out with the current lineup. Then, I would deal Izzy back into the partnership and work Adler back in as the appetite drummer for the 30th anniversary of appetite next year. Otherwise, the same songs and same set list will get very stale and boring and the demand for this band will decrease.. new material or full appetite reunion is the only way I can see this staying hott

i think you nailed it .. fingers crossed .

• Like 1