Izzys back in the studio

On 18 October 2016 at 8:33 PM, Tom-Ass said:

Nope I just have the JuJu Hounds, 177 degrees and River. I have heard great things about Like A Dog. The couple songs I have heard were really good too.

The DJ on Ozzy's boneyard actually talked about Izzy recording yesterday. HE didn't have any real news or anything. Just the pic that was tweeted..

It is a damn that we have gotten this far and he isn't recording with Guns N' Roses...

Hell Song is pretty cool song. Rollin On. Stuff like Snafu only Izzy would do. Just Don't Know seems like his best riff since Brownstone. 

River opens with a couple of decent Izzy rockers. River is a classic song. 

River and Like a Dog are worth checking out. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

I personally love Jump in now, I think is one of Izzy's best songs to date.

My two are sweet caress and up jumped the devil..

One is a cover, but for me they both showed another side to his musicality..

Jump in now is definitely a well written tune..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Glidn said:

My two are sweet caress and up jumped the devil..

One is a cover, but for me they both showed another side to his musicality..

Jump in now is definitely a well written tune..

Sweet caress is a beautiful song and I love it, I actually love almost everything that comes out of Izzy's mind haha, How will it go, Gotta say, Time gone by, his cover of Pressure drop is my fav, even better than The Clash's , Needles, Bleedin', Ain't it a bitch... too many to name them all :lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

Sweet caress is a beautiful song and I love it, I actually love almost everything that comes out of Izzy's mind haha, How will it go, Gotta say, Time gone by, his cover of Pressure drop is my fav, even better than The Clash's , Needles, Bleedin', Ain't it a bitch... too many to name them all :lol:

I love Sweet Caress and Gotta Say. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, wasted said:

Just Don't Know seems like his best riff since Brownstone. 

Wow, this song kicks ass.. 

I think I ma going to have to bite the bullet and by the digital album of this one.  How do you guys think it compares to Ride On, because it looks like those are available on CD.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nevermind, just ordered Ride On.. I've always loved the title track. I'll get Like a dog next

Ride On is a great album, I don't listen to it enough. I consider "Highway Zero" to be Dust N Bone Pt II :headbang: Trance Mission is unlike any other Izzy song, kinda hard to describe but it's' one of my favourites as I'm able to play it on guitar :lol:

7 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Not to be mean, but does anyone know if Izzy's music is released and if anyone buys it?

My brother's friend JT sometimes produces Izzy's music, but I don't know what happens after that?

Cool. After JT does his thing I guess Izzy just sends the finished product to Tunecore (or whichever service Izzy uses these days) and they push the music onto all of the digital stores like iTunes, Amazon etc. I've bought every Izzy release digitally aside from those which I was able to buy on CD. No idea about how many copies he sells but he has always had a pretty hardcore following.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Nevermind, just ordered Ride On.. I've always loved the title track. I'll get Like a dog next

Imo Dog has a better sound. But there's cool songs on Ride like California, Here comes the Rain. I love Needles. Sums up Izzy well. 

Concrete was one I thought was a bit under developed. But still Ball is like OTGM 2 (it doesnt have the fiah of axl or heavy of slash but its reminiscent) and Concrete is a cool song. There's a ragga version of it too. 

Like a Dog has a swagger and more punk drive than some of the others. Hammerhead and Snafu keep up the pace then Hell Song and Rollin nail it. Just Don't know and Chop away some of that Izzy voodoo. Like a Dog is an epic closer. 

Edited by wasted
Just ride
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, downliner said:

Ride On is a great album, I don't listen to it enough. I consider "Highway Zero" to be Dust N Bone Pt II :headbang: Trance Mission is unlike any other Izzy song, kinda hard to describe but it's' one of my favourites as I'm able to play it on guitar :lol:

Cool. After JT does his thing I guess Izzy just sends the finished product to Tunecore (or whichever service Izzy uses these days) and they push the music onto all of the digital stores like iTunes, Amazon etc. I've bought every Izzy release digitally aside from those which I was able to buy on CD. No idea about how many copies he sells but he has always had a pretty hardcore following.

I am not fond of the whole itunes thing, but it's Izzy so i buy pre-paid cards to have my dose of Izzy  :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

On 21/10/2016 at 0:08 AM, Billsfan said:

I agree with this. If I'm axl slash and duff though, I would finish the calendar year out with the current lineup. Then, I would deal Izzy back into the partnership and work Adler back in as the appetite drummer for the 30th anniversary of appetite next year. Otherwise, the same songs and same set list will get very stale and boring and the demand for this band will decrease.. new material or full appetite reunion is the only way I can see this staying hott

I'd like to think they can work out a deal after the current tour ends, but "it's so easy" to look at it from the outside.

I think it's criminal that Izzy and Slash are not playing together, or even making anything outside of Guns, especially in the sober years. :(

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

is there no topic covering this article? 

http://www.laweekly.com/music/wheres-izzy-searching-for-the-gnr-reunions-missing-person-7388840

best one i've ever read with the most new info on izzy era guns and didn't know sorum was offered a part time role as well but rejected it

It's being discussed under the Appertite for distortion Ep 9 posts. 

13 hours ago, downliner said:

Cool good for Izzy. Yeah, JT was with him awhile ago when Izzy was working on another cd. I don't know which song it was but Izzy said I think Axl would be cool to sing it. Anyway, JT said Izzy called Axl, but nothing came of it. JT was like "Axl's on the phone" lol He hasn't met Axl or Slash Duff or Steven as yet. you never know. JT is a very cool guy. He has an old soul. I just love him.

• Like 1

On 23/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, triad said:

Not sure where to put this, or if it's already been posted... http://www.laweekly.com/music/wheres-izzy-searching-for-the-gnr-reunions-missing-person-7388840.  Some miscellaneous background, and idle wandering by both Izzy and the writer.  

This article highlights the mysterious aura surrounding Izzy. The writer went to great lengths to track his family tree - which is kinda creepy, not something anyone of us would like happen to us, but I liked the art teacher's contribution -- he saw the genesis of the GNR logo. I actually love that Izzy doesn't conform and seems like he hasn't changed and is happy to say "no".