Izzys back in the studio

From a new interview with Matt Sorum:

You recently collaborated with Izzy Stradlin on a song — titled “F.P. Money” — for his new LP. Any more recordings with Izzy coming in the future?  

Izzy is great and his process is very Rock and Roll. He called, and within a couple days we were in the studio cutting a couple of songs. He gets the inspiration and goes with it – truly a great songwriter. You never know with Izzy. He could call tomorrow from Spain and say, “Come over, let’s record.” I love that about him.

http://www.themusiciansear.com/interview/matt-sorum-feature-interview/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Funky.Monkey said:

From a new interview with Matt Sorum:

You recently collaborated with Izzy Stradlin on a song — titled “F.P. Money” — for his new LP. Any more recordings with Izzy coming in the future?  

Izzy is great and his process is very Rock and Roll. He called, and within a couple days we were in the studio cutting a couple of songs. He gets the inspiration and goes with it – truly a great songwriter. You never know with Izzy. He could call tomorrow from Spain and say, “Come over, let’s record.” I love that about him.

http://www.themusiciansear.com/interview/matt-sorum-feature-interview/

Oh yes please, Stradlin, come to Spain first and then just call Matt Sorum if you want to. But, first things first, come to Spain :lol:

• Like 1

On 26.10.2016 at 10:03 PM, Tom-Ass said:

I can't get F.P. Money out of my head.....

It's fuckin' great. I have high expectations for this album. But it's gonna be good anyway. It's exactly what a Guns album could have benefited from. That free spirit rock n' roll thing izzy does so well, to the point.

But it already shaped Izzy's next album I think so that's cool. He doesn't need anyone else to make great music, that's for sure.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I prefer Izzy's solo stuff to Guns N' Roses.

He could have done both, no problem. He wanted to do it. Plus he is prolific enough that even if he was back in Guns now, he could still write for Guns and have enough ideas for his solo albums.

He wrote with Duff before the money thing took place. My point is they're not mutually exclusive.

• Like 1

Question is: When should they drop a new album?

personally I'd say right before the whole tour ends. Maybe debut a new song on the last few gigs and announce it from stage, followed up by some heavy marketing and INTERVIEWS!!!! This fucking band should know how much we love them!

Edited by megaguns1982

On 10/28/2016 at 2:50 PM, shotsfired cro said:

what strucks me is the hash tag Guns N Roses!?

well the thing was posted by ROCIO ESQUIBEL

A photo posted by Rocio Esquibel (@esquibelrocio)  

its likely tony babilon's wife or girlfriend since she says that tony is "my babe"

so thats just a hashtag

On 10/30/2016 at 6:35 AM, megaguns1982 said:

Question is: When should they drop a new album?

personally I'd say right before the whole tour ends. Maybe debut a new song on the last few gigs and announce it from stage, followed up by some heavy marketing and INTERVIEWS!!!! This fucking band should know how much we love them!

So we can listen to what they have to say and then decide what they really meant for ourselves? The last time they did an interview we came away with them only doing it for the money and screwing Izzy.