5 UY Tour Shows You Wish They Would Release Pro-Shot

9 minutes ago, vicson said:

1. Wembley 1991 - Last show with Izzy, huge audience, Axl on fire! 

2. Inglewood 1991 - Obvious choice, monstrous setlist.

3. Madison Square Garden 1991 - The show with both Locomotive & Breakdown.

4. Las Vegas 1992 - The Yesterdays live version is from it. Axl sounds killer. Lots of songs from here on Live Era.

5. New Heaven 1993 - Great setlist. The Garden! 

You nailed my choices with your post.

• Like 3

Pantages Theatre, LA, '91. The second warm-up show, it has the best setlist of the warm-up shows and Shannon Hoon joined for a couple songs.

MSG, New York, '91 (3rd night). The show where they played Breakdown and Locomotive.

The Pyramid, Memphis, '92. Apparently Axl was pissed and ranted a lot, and it's the only show where they played Dust N' Bones without Izzy.

Boston '93. Anything from the US Skin N Bones shows would be great but they played Reckless Life at this one.

Omaha '93. Because Coma.

• Like 1

I want Rock in Rio 1991 both days to be released on video with a good stereo mix. Mainly because when Axl debuts a song for the first time, he sings it close to how the he did on the record. Like on Estranged he actually whispered the intro parts and other whispering sections, where as later he used a croaky voice to do those parts (which i guess was because it was more difficult to hear the whispering parts in a live setting)

Just give me any show with amazing film quality remastered and i will be very happy, i watch the live and let die video very often just to see the amazing pro quality of the footage.

Lots of huge bands already released great film footage remastered in BD, even Nirvana. Please Axl, open the f* vault.

But would be cool to see the RIR 1991 shows, first UYI shows, massive crowd, massive energy and emotion of the band, live debut of UYI songs, these concerts are historical and the video quality is very shit today.

Edited by Rickodez
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

All the old timers who got to go to shows in the 80's/90's are such lucky little fuckers! :wow:

Release all the UYI footage and proshots PLEASE

Yes. Yes we are.

Nice to start my day with being called an old timer by someone who goes by the handle of Oldest Goat.... :wacko:

4 hours ago, scooby845 said:

Inglewood 1991

Wembley 1991/1992

Milton Keynes 1993

Paris Bercy 1993 

Neckar Stadion 1992 (the show from Estranged music video)

The 'Estranged' footage is from Munich 1993, with additional footage from other European '93 shows.

I would like anything we DON'T have :

- Pantages Theatre LA '91 / Warfield Frisco '91

- 4th Forum show '91 / any of the Forum shows

- 3rd MSG show '91 

- Any of the 3-hour + blockbusters on the '91 tour : Hampton, Charlotte, Greensboro, ...

- The first 2 nights of the Tokyo Dome '92 stand

• Like 1

I'd want to know what shows were filmed in full for the UYI documentary first, but if they had made a concert film, the audience would have remembered the band being lit up by the film crew.

They probably could do a new mix with Paris and Tokyo because you also have those video cameras recording the show from different angles, so they could take the master tapes and do a different edited version and take any of the titles/graphics used for the live broadcasts. It could be mixed to film, but based on what was said about Pink Floyd Pulse on DVD, it was a huge task to transfer it. 

I was at 2 of the 4 LA Forum shows .While the band was on fire ,the crowd was not at all at either of those 2 shows .The first night the band came on stage at nearly midnight at the crowd grew rest less, tired and bored .By the time they hit the stage the energy was gone and it made for a mostly lame crowd .The 2nd night I went was night 4 and maybe because word got out ,I actually skipped Skid Row and didn't head in until close to 11 it seemed like it was a little better but not by much.