5 UY Tour Shows You Wish They Would Release Pro-Shot

i heard the show in june 1991 at Birmingham, Alabama was a real clusterfuck.  I've heard the audio and read about it, but never saw any video.

2 hours ago, Original said:

Next interview with Axl/Slash or Duff needs to have the question- will the vault be released?   

I asked Duff about this in 2007, VR meet n greet...

he said "oh man, all that got shelved"  Meaning the Documentary called "the perfect crime" of the entire tour

Edited by axlinkafayette

1 hour ago, axlinkafayette said:

i heard the show in june 1991 at Birmingham, Alabama was a real clusterfuck.  I've heard the audio and read about it, but never saw any video.

he said "oh man, all that got shelved"  Meaning the Documentary called "the perfect crime" of the entire tour

Let's not give up hope this band tends to do the unexpected , if any band can release a live DVD of a tour they finished over 20 years ago and get away with it it's GNR.

Edited by Silverburst80

5 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Let's not give up hope this band tends to do the unexpected , if any band can release a live DVD of a tour they finished over 20 years ago and get away with it it's GNR.

or just make a youtube channel and release it for free. Hire some interns to mine the vaults. 

4 hours ago, axlinkafayette said:

Great you asked...however that was 9 years ago.  And it "was shelved" doesn't mean it doesn't exist and can't be released.  The footage is there....release it damnit!

06.22.1991 - Hampton (great setlist)

07.11.1991 - Denver (YCBM as opener)

12.13.1991 - New York City (alltime favorite GNR concert)

01.25.1992 - Las Vegas (if the whole show sounds like 'Yesterdays'...)

07.18.1992 - East Rutherford (best show of the stadium tour)

17 minutes ago, gnr5 said:

This is what Id do...release the whole vault.

Setup a site, let fans pick and choose which show they want to download. $29 for audio or $49 for full video. 

Done.

I simply cannot understand why something like that hasn't been done.

• Like 1

On 9-10-2016 at 5:01 AM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

In no particular order

1. Inglewood '91

2. Philly '91

3. Tokyo 2-19 (they opened with Coma, how often does that happen?)

4. Hartford '93

5. Argentina '93 (Night 1) I know there's some videos, but a pro shot would be killer

They played Philly 3 times in '91, and we have video of all three.  

As for Coma, they opened with it in Richfield OH in June '91.

17 minutes ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

They played Philly 3 times in '91, and we have video of all three.  

As for Coma, they opened with it in Richfield OH in June '91.

Didn't know about Philly being played 3 times. Cool. And I knew about Coma being the opener in Ohio. I just thought it was a really cool thing for them to do.

7 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Didn't know about Philly being played 3 times. Cool. And I knew about Coma being the opener in Ohio. I just thought it was a really cool thing for them to do.

3 very good shows as well.  Good choice which ever they'd pick.

Yes, Coma is an amazing opener.  Always liked the shows with different openers instead of the obvious ones.  'Perfect Crime' is my favourite, 'Pretty Tied Up' was also awesome.  They even opened with 'You Could Be Mine' once, which was a bit weird.  'You're Crazy' was also great, late in the AFD tour.  'Out Ta Get Me' on the Metallica tour was a big surprise.

Just now, Nikki_Sixx said:

3 very good shows as well.  Good choice which ever they'd pick.

Yes, Coma is an amazing opener.  Always liked the shows with different openers instead of the obvious ones.  'Perfect Crime' is my favourite, 'Pretty Tied Up' was also awesome.  They even opened with 'You Could Be Mine' once, which was a bit weird.  'You're Crazy' was also great, late in the AFD tour.  'Out Ta Get Me' on the Metallica tour was a big surprise.

That's why I got into this band. They were really spontaneous and still are to an extent. 

• Los Angeles (05/11-91)
  • Inglewood (08/03-91)
  • Stockholm (08/17-91)
  • U.K (06/13-91)
  • Omaha (04/10-93)

But why not the whole tour on a streaming service for Nightrain members... I would pay A LOT more then the current Nightrain fee for that!

Gateshead 92. I was there. Someone chucked summat at Duff. Duff called him out, with Axl adding " I wouldn't fuck with him. He hasn't had a drink in six weeks and he ain't too Fuckin happy about it"

Also My Michelle was outstanding that night.  

I had a bootleg of it years ago, terrible quality but good to reminisce.

Edited by tattooedmarvel
im a retard
  • Like 1

On 10/8/2016 at 1:54 PM, Brunzopolis said:

Gonna have to check out a few of these I'm unfamiliar with. 

Rio 91', the second night, is a show I keep going back to.  Great performances of Pretty Tied Up, DTJ, and PC.  Great energy and charisma from Axl and Slash for that show.

did you see this. starts at 3:29https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wxVIjCva6U

• Like 1