D'yer Mak'er by Led Zeppelin cover

1 hour ago, Len Cnut said:

Reggae is on the offbeat.  Like so:

Not having a go at you King Asiatic, more pointing out that Zeppelin wouldn't know a reggae skank if it came up and bit them on the arse.

Hey, no problemo, I know as much about reggae as Zeppelin. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, AslatIE said:

One of my favorites by Led Zeppelin

Not bad man! But if you want to get it a little more reggae and closer to what's on the record you'll need to choke the strings a little, you should arpeggiate (Staccato) and rake the chords rather than strum them. Also, another tip is watch the pressure you apply on your left hand when arpeggiating (this will add more dynamics, similar to how Jimmy would do it) 

I've made out a REALLY rough tab (I don't have my guitar in hand :slash:), It's not exactly whats on the record, but it's in the ballpark of what he's doing (you should listen to the record to pick out what he's doing or get some good guitar tabs). NOTE: I only did examples for chord I (C Major) as the patterns are pretty similar for each chord. Hope some of this helps! You have all the parts pretty much together though, so nice work! I like your geetar too! Not sure if you were looking for feedback like this, but there ya go :P

[E]           10 12 |                   10 12      |         10 12

8  X X           | 8          8                  |    X X

[G] 9  X X           |  9      9     9              |    X X

[D] 10                | 10                            |10  

[A]                     |                                |                  ETC.

[E]                     |                                |

Edited by Tom2112
  • Like 1

Just now, Tom2112 said:

Not bad man! But if you want to get it a little more reggae and closer to what's on the record you'll need to choke the strings a little, you should arpeggiate (Staccato) and rake the chords rather than strum them. Also, another tip is watch the pressure you apply on your left hand when arpeggiating (this will add more dynamics, similar to how Jimmy would do it) 

I've made out a REALLY rough tab (I don't have my guitar in hand :slash:), It's not exactly whats on the record, but it's in the ballpark of what he's doing (you should listen to the record to pick out what he's doing or get some good guitar tabs). NOTE: I only did examples for chord I (C Major) as the patterns are pretty similar for each chord. Hope some of this helps! You have all the parts pretty much together though, so nice work! I like your geetar too! Not sure if you were looking for feedback like this, but there ya go :P

[E]           10 12 |                   10 12      |         10 12

8  X X           | 8          8                  |    X X

[G] 9  X X           |  9      9     9              |    X X

[D] 10                | 10                            |10  

[A]                     |                                |                  ETC.

[E]                     |                                |

I knew about that, but I couldn't do the arpeggio right at all :wacko:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

I knew about that, but I couldn't do the arpeggio right at all :wacko:

Ah, with time you'll manage it with no trouble! best advice get some sort of slow down programme, work on it at half speed and then build it up. Or just get a metronome and work away the original is 82bpm, so knock it back to 60 and see if you can get around. Learn it slow and build it up. Advice you'll hear for as long as you play and learn guitar or any instrument. Good luckrock4

*for whatever reason mygnr doesn't like tab formatting so it ruined my beautiful tab section of that last comment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Ah, with time you'll manage it with no trouble! best advice get some sort of slow down programme, work on it at half speed and then build it up. Or just get a metronome and work away the original is 82bpm, so knock it back to 60 and see if you can get around. Learn it slow and build it up. Advice you'll hear for as long as you play and learn guitar or any instrument. Good luckrock4

*for whatever reason mygnr doesn't like tab formatting so it ruined my beautiful tab section of that last comment. 

i think this was the best song so far :) keep going Super Star :headbang:

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose