Slash Guitar Going to Auction

For those that haven't seen this:

http://www.julienslive.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/192/lot/82589/?url=%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F192%2F%3Fpage%3D6

Unlike many auctions, this one actually has provenance not only from the guitar tech for Slash in the early days, but from Slash himself too!  Wish my bank account could swing this.  :wow:

• Like 2

If I had that kind of scratch for something like this, its hard to think I'd go for Slash's BC rich instead of a staged played les paul.

Edit:  I've reconsidered after reading the post below this, haha this is pretty fucking awesome.

Edited by liqddynamite

59 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Wow. Some serious fuckin history in that guitar. First show with Axl? First show with GnR? Wrote fucking Jungle on it?!?!??!?! It really should be in the R&R HoF if you ask me...

SO much history!..and if not the rrhof, why wouldn't Slash want this guitar for himself? Like for his sons or something..if I were them I would want it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

SO much history!..and if not the rrhof, why wouldn't Slash want this guitar for himself? Like for his sons or something..if I were them I would want it.

Not that any of us knows Slash personally, but he seems to be pretty detached from and loathing all items from the past, close or far. 

6 hours ago, DexAxl said:

Wow Slash, dude what are you doing? There is just ONE fucking place this guitar should be that's your living room framed on wall.

Slash said a few times in interviews that he's not the collector - kind of guitar player. So I guess he's not really sentimental about it.

But what I don't get: It says that this guitar was "custom ordered" in 1984 by Slash...
I thought they were always broke like hell at that time? I was expecting something like this was second hand ... :shrugs:

22 hours ago, Slash787 said:

If I had the money, this is something which I would bid for. 

Who is auctioning this guitar? how did they get it in the first place? 

Right.  To be clear to everyone here, Slash himself is not auctioning the guitar/did not offer the guitar up for auction.  The guitar is currently owned by his original guitar tech from the early days of GNR. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Not that any of us knows Slash personally, but he seems to be pretty detached from and loathing all items from the past, close or far. 

Well true, he doesn't seem to be that much of a sentimental kind of guy.  Maybe Axl will buy it! :P

• Like 1

5 hours ago, troccoli said:

Right.  To be clear to everyone here, Slash himself is not auctioning the guitar/did not offer the guitar up for auction.  The guitar is currently owned by his original guitar tech from the early days of GNR. 

To those still asking if Slash is the one auctioning it, read above. 

• 3 weeks later...