FYE selling GNR Bootlegs

They have about 4 or 5 different ones...

Deer Creek '91

Pasadena '87

CBGB '87

Tokyo '88

Ritz '88

And what looks like an edited and incomplete UYI show.

Not sure how they're getting away with it, but they have a ton of Aerosmith bootlegs now as well.

Edited by The Real McCoy

That is really strange you should go back and take pictures because I hardly believe this. It's a corporate store where would they be ordering these from. FYE's around here I'm almost positive wouldn't have anything like that. There used to be a CD store in my town called Time Traveller that had shit tons of bootlegs from every band but that made sense because it was an independant music store. They had bootleg DVD's to like the Ritts and tons of others. They had GN'R 2002 bootlegs old ones all kinds of good stuff but they went out of business because everything was so expensive + you could get CD's before the release date they didn't care as soon as they got it in the mail if you asked for it they would sell it to you. I got velvet revolver's contraband like a week before release date this way.

50 minutes ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

That is really strange you should go back and take pictures because I hardly believe this. It's a corporate store where would they be ordering these from. FYE's around here I'm almost positive wouldn't have anything like that. There used to be a CD store in my town called Time Traveller that had shit tons of bootlegs from every band but that made sense because it was an independant music store. They had bootleg DVD's to like the Ritts and tons of others. They had GN'R 2002 bootlegs old ones all kinds of good stuff but they went out of business because everything was so expensive + you could get CD's before the release date they didn't care as soon as they got it in the mail if you asked for it they would sell it to you. I got velvet revolver's contraband like a week before release date this way.

I picked up the Deer Creek show last night. I'll take a pic when I get home. I think that since the shows are radio broadcasts for the most part that they're in some sort of legal "grey area" somehow. 

That said, I've seen these at two different FYEs now. They're also selling CD - Best Buy sticker and all.

Edited by The Real McCoy

hmm strange pretty cool tho. I'll check out the FYE here in ohio and see if they do. I never look in the CD section because I figured there would be no point. They have some really cool shirts that I go there to buy occasionally as it's right by where I work. I'll post later this week if they have anything like that around here. It's just so corporate that I never thought they would have something like that.

19 hours ago, StoneTempleRoses said:

hmm strange pretty cool tho. I'll check out the FYE here in ohio and see if they do. I never look in the CD section because I figured there would be no point. They have some really cool shirts that I go there to buy occasionally as it's right by where I work. I'll post later this week if they have anything like that around here. It's just so corporate that I never thought they would have something like that.

I just checked out my fye in southeastern Ohio. No luck?