XX

ArtTavana

@Apollo Good call on Cherone. Even though VH III was a horrible album, Cherone was actually pretty great live. It was the only time we got a very steady mix of both Roth and Hagar material, especially after most of the Roth stuff was ignored during the Hagar era.

To answer the original question - obviously the Dave material is better so I vote for him, but Sammy is bar none the better singer and can still do it today. Not all the Van Hagar material was cheesy and horrible - F.U.C.K is probably my favorite Sammy album.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Rumor was Jimmy Page played it, since he did some session work with them when he was young. But Ray denied he did this one.

Yeah, Dave was particularly pissed about that rumour.  Rumour also is that thats ol' Jimmy boy playing on I Cant Explain by The Who too.  Townshend and Shel Talmy confirmed this though it has since been claimed, not sure by whom, that his contribution didnt make the final cut.

Edited by Len Cnut