Problems with intonation

The high e string has been messed up for a while, when I tune it the first eleven frets sound like they sound, but the 12-24th frets are flat.
I've tried adjusting the saddle, but it doesn't affect the sound of the string at all.
And the thing I don't know at all is if it's got something to do with the bridge, neck or the string itself.

Any help would be humongously appreciated!

(P.S. I changed the strings about two months ago, if that's useful information)

Check the 12th fret harmonic against the fretted note for differences, you may have already done this, but here is an article that goes through it:

http://m.wikihow.com/Set-Your-Guitar's-Intonation

You mention adjusting the saddles, so I don't know if you have checked this as well. Good luck, hope you get it sorted. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2016 at 10:31 PM, AslatIE said:

The high e string has been messed up for a while, when I tune it the first eleven frets sound like they sound, but the 12-24th frets are flat.
I've tried adjusting the saddle, but it doesn't affect the sound of the string at all.
And the thing I don't know at all is if it's got something to do with the bridge, neck or the string itself.

Any help would be humongously appreciated!

(P.S. I changed the strings about two months ago, if that's useful information)

Depending how often you play you should be changing more regularly as the intonation stability is lost on tired strings. If you're playing for an hour every day and you don't play too hard or sweat too much every 2 months is ok.

As for the intonation. Do you have a chromatic tuner? if you do play the 12th fret, fret it and then play the natural harmonic. If it's flat or sharp take a screw driver and tighten (If Flat) and Loosen (if sharp). After each adjustment make sure you're still in tune (use tuner) and repeat the process until you get the fretted note and harmonic as close as possible. 

• Like 1

Um, wouldn't you loosen if flat, and tighten if sharp? Loosening the screw would move the saddle closer to the twelfth fret, raising the pitch. 

Just dawned on me that you were talking about the pitch of the harmonic, I was talking about the pitch of the fretted note.

Edited by AxlisOld

• 3 weeks later...