Elvis presley conspiracies

action

34 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I hate when people still think Elvis is alive.

The media seems to talk about all the dead people on their anniversaries like they're still alive or how they really died! I wish they would stop this shit. It's disrespectful to their memories. And most of it it won't bring them back.

While I've never believed he's alive for one second, my stance on it has always been this: If he's dead, he's dead. If he's alive, he obviously wants to be left alone.

17 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

The media seems to talk about all the dead people on their anniversaries like they're still alive or how they really died! I wish they would stop this shit. It's disrespectful to their memories. And most of it it won't bring them back.

it's not the media in this case. "jon cotner" has a youtube channel where he puts up own versions of elvis songs regularly. these are teaser songs from albums he sells on his website.

there is no known video of jon cotner singing though.

as you will hear, jon cotner sounds incredibly like elvis did.

this in itself is remarkable, but there is some serious twisted things posted on his website. he sells bible studies, and books containing conspiracies about his past and true identity.

i wonder how big the chance is, that someone sounds EXACTLY like elvis, is into bible studies, and writes books about secret identities. all these elements combined, to be fabricated purposely, it's an undertaking of gargantuan proportions. 

This cat (Doug Church) sounds the closest to Elvis of anyone I've ever heard:

If you wanna hear something cool, look up his stuff from a collection called Kingtinued. He did shit like Tears In Heaven and what not that Elvis probably would do if he were still alive. Sounds just like what Elvis would have done IMO.

On 10/15/2016 at 0:43 PM, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

yeah and the sad thing is once these people they conspire still alive are far too old to be BE alive there will be a new crop of dead people they say are alive. and it IS so disrespectful. and mean. when Michael Jackson died and people started say HE was still alive i confronted some people on another board pointing out how the eff do you think this is making his kids feel?? it's just...i have no more words :facepalm:

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yeah and the sad thing is once these people they conspire still alive are far too old to be BE alive there will be a new crop of dead people they say are alive. and it IS so disrespectful. and mean. when Michael Jackson died and people started say HE was still alive i confronted some people on another board pointing out how the eff do you think this is making his kids feel?? it's just...i have no more words :facepalm:

this may be out of left field but @Len Cnut reminded me of a part in the book Needful Things where these two women were big Elvis fans. so spoiler alert for those who have not read it but in the book Needful Things is a store where people can come and buy the things of their dreams ( of course they turn into nightmares as it is a Stephen King book. ) anyway these two women unbeknownst to each other buy Elvis memorabilia; one gets a pair of sunglasses worn by the King another gets a framed picture. anyway, these allow the two women to "meet" the King and their wildest fantasies come true ( in their heads but they think they are true.) much hilarity ensues...:lol: j/k. but yeah if Elvis lives in your head Len that's awesome! ;)

On 10/16/2016 at 6:57 PM, DieselDaisy said:

He is good but there is something so tacky about Elvis impersonators, something very social club on a Thursday night.

I agree overall. There's some appeal there for me, but it's way less than it was when I was little. The older I get and the more footage I see of the real deal performing between 1970 & 1977, there's just never anyone that comes remotely close.

I only brought up Doug Church because he's the closest I've ever heard vocally to Elvis at least if you compare it to my favorite Elvis era. Here's the version of Tears In Heaven I was talking about. If you ask me, this sounds EXACTLY what Elvis would sound like if he were to have sung it:

• 2 weeks later...