Interior Decoration

Gracii Guns

Ten years ago Anything Goes was in the midst of its Sex Thread Era. Topics discussed were polls on circumcision, weird sex and preferences of pubic hair. 

I figured that this forum has a somewhat more ahem, mature audience now. So we can discuss home decor legitimately. Share your favourite ideas, furniture and anything you might be aspiring to have. 

---------------------------------

I'm hopefully moving into my first proper house (as opposed to pokey flats) by the end of this year, so I'm looking for furniture and bits and pieces which we'll need. My first port of call will be secondhand furniture stores locally. I've ordered a handmade coffee table made from recycled wood using some birthday money- which is going to be the big treat. 

Here's some other stuff I'm after (no, this isn't a GoFundMe attempt).

Ikea Knotten Standing Laptop Desk http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/knotten-standing-desk-white-birch-art-30299485/knotten-standing-desk-white-birch__0406247_pe592160_s4.jpg

The new house will have an induction hob, rendering all our pans apart from our Le Creuset casserole dish useless. If anyone has any advice for induction hobs, it would be welcome. So we're looking at getting this pan set. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/pots-pans/snitsig-7-piece-cookware-set-stainless-steel-art-60139363/

snitsig-7-piece-cookware-set-stainless-steel__0086425_pe215134_s4.jpg

And finally… we won't be purchasing this, but thought I'd include it here for a laugh, the ANGUS YOUNG RUG! https://www.amazon.co.uk/AC-DC-Angus-Young-Round/dp/B00PY3SM12/ref=sr_1_498?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1476476257&sr=1-498&keywords=rug

510HFQ-7cKL.jpg

I can't decide what colour scheme to use for bathroom accessories. The bathroom suite is white, with beigey tiles. I don't want blue, as my current bathroom has a blue scheme. White is nice, but boring too. Perhaps copper or turquoise? 

• Like 1

i have an induction hob @Gracii Guns, they are really good but you can still use your original pans as well if you buy an ' induction hob converter' i have one i got on eBay for under £20. I did buy new pans but i still love my old ones so i use the converter as well

Edited by janrichmond
blonde moment
  • Like 1

I got a 55'' JVC hanging on the wall, gym mat on the floor, bed, framed Van Gogh print on another wall with flags of places I've been outside of England (USA/Amsterdam, NL) draws, guitars, amps, Tiffany Lamp, guitar stands (1 single guitar stand and another that can holds 10 guitars)... 3 amps, shoe boxes and clothes everywhere, ornate glass cantinas etc...

Edited by Snake-Pit

This is my living room...

atn8mp.jpg

and my little studio...

2ivcw3d.jpg

In my living room, I love my coffee table, shuffleboard and wall unit that we have named "the boxes" because my brother made them for me.  I want a darker coloured sectional, and a bigger studio.  Other than books, I don't like a lot of "stuff" around so tend to keep it a bit minimalist.  And  before you ask, it's a money tree.

My dining room has to act as a few different rooms.  Right now it has a large air mattress because my Dutch relatives just left.  So back to my glass dining table and yoga mat on the floor.

Edited by Orsys
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, janrichmond said:

i have an induction hob @Gracii Guns, they are really good but you can still use your original pans as well if you buy an ' induction hob converter' i have one i got on eBay for under £20. I did buy new pans but i still love my old ones so i use the converter as well

Thank you, had no idea about induction hob converters. That will be useful, as like you, I quite like my pans (familiarity, I suppose) and don't like the idea of not using pans which would otherwise be fine.

@Orsys Thank you for sharing those photos. I espcially like your studio. It's not easy to turn a personal nor commercial room into creative space. That shelving in your living room is very elegantly organised, too!

I shot this photo on Thursday morning after a wild Wednesday night having tea and cake with friends. I realised that I was getting too "disposable" about photos, and wanted one so we could look back of where we once lived. It's actually a pretty telling photo, as it has my prized Cath Kidston plates and teapot, a tea cosy knitted  by my sister-in-law, a tea tray which I love and the coffee table, which was a wedding gift to my parents in 1988 (there is a Madness video with basically the same one!). The Yorkshire coasters are by Moorland Pottery. http://www.moorlandpottery.co.uk/moorland-pottery-ranges/yorkie-ware-mugs/ I didn't realise that I loved my tea time accessories so much until I wrote this post!

IMG_2651.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/15/2016 at 9:52 AM, Gracii Guns said:

Ten years ago Anything Goes was in the midst of its Sex Thread Era. Topics discussed were polls on circumcision, weird sex and preferences of pubic hair. 

I figured that this forum has a somewhat more ahem, mature audience now. So we can discuss home decor legitimately. Share your favourite ideas, furniture and anything you might be aspiring to have. 

---------------------------------

I'm hopefully moving into my first proper house (as opposed to pokey flats) by the end of this year, so I'm looking for furniture and bits and pieces which we'll need. My first port of call will be secondhand furniture stores locally. I've ordered a handmade coffee table made from recycled wood using some birthday money- which is going to be the big treat. 

Here's some other stuff I'm after (no, this isn't a GoFundMe attempt).

Ikea Knotten Standing Laptop Desk http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/desks/desk-computer-desks/knotten-standing-desk-white-birch-art-30299485/knotten-standing-desk-white-birch__0406247_pe592160_s4.jpg

The new house will have an induction hob, rendering all our pans apart from our Le Creuset casserole dish useless. If anyone has any advice for induction hobs, it would be welcome. So we're looking at getting this pan set. http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/products/cookware/pots-pans/snitsig-7-piece-cookware-set-stainless-steel-art-60139363/

snitsig-7-piece-cookware-set-stainless-steel__0086425_pe215134_s4.jpg

And finally… we won't be purchasing this, but thought I'd include it here for a laugh, the ANGUS YOUNG RUG! https://www.amazon.co.uk/AC-DC-Angus-Young-Round/dp/B00PY3SM12/ref=sr_1_498?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1476476257&sr=1-498&keywords=rug

510HFQ-7cKL.jpg

I can't decide what colour scheme to use for bathroom accessories. The bathroom suite is white, with beigey tiles. I don't want blue, as my current bathroom has a blue scheme. White is nice, but boring too. Perhaps copper or turquoise? 

first off congrats on your new house, yay! i am in the midst of decorating my new house as well. because i have a large collection of peacock things ( figurines, plates,wall hangings, tapestry, oil painting just about anything really ) i call my living room my peacock room. i want to get a nice couch for it and maybe a couple of chairs, maybe like these? any advice is welcome i am not the best at this :)

royal blue velvet couch.JPG

blue velvet chairs.JPG

• Like 1

@AxlsFavoriteRose Haha, love the decadent look! Jewel tones. If youre a bit craftsy this is the look you can achieve with old frames and other retro finds in charity shops, with gold leaf etc.There will be plenty of youtube videos guiding you through this sort of thing. You probably already know this, but if you're looking at purples (being a peacock room) purples are almost impossible to match. They go from lilacs to deep red purples, and you can get warm and cool shades, so proceed with caution. Do post pictures when you're done! 

• Like 2

On 15/10/2016 at 5:52 PM, Gracii Guns said:

Hu hu hu! You said pubic hair! *giggles*

:lol:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

first off congrats on your new house, yay! i am in the midst of decorating my new house as well. because i have a large collection of peacock things ( figurines, plates,wall hangings, tapestry, oil painting just about anything really ) i call my living room my peacock room. i want to get a nice couch for it and maybe a couple of chairs, maybe like these? any advice is welcome i am not the best at this :)

royal blue velvet couch.JPG

blue velvet chairs.JPG

Those chairs and sofa would make a house look like a Nevada brothel.

• Like 3

Just now, PappyTron said:

If you want opulence then you simply must have a courting bench. Anything less would be vulgar.

don't you know that's what we Americans do? :P we thrive on vulgar. actually i thought of one of those but the ones i've seen look very uncomfortable!

as an aside, the owner of the Bunny Ranch is my neighbor kinda sorta. his house just burned down in one of the fires we recently had...

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

don't you know that's what we Americans do? :P we thrive on vulgar. actually i thought of one of those but the ones i've seen look very uncomfortable!

as an aside, the owner of the Bunny Ranch is my neighbor kinda sorta. his house just burned down in one of the fires we recently had...

The Bunny Ranch...! Urgh.

• Like 1

yeah i have seen those HBO shows. btw it's really sad but funny how the owner Dennis Hof thinks he's some kind of upstanding member of this community, he is always putting himself on TV as much as possible preaching on things he has no business about IMO!

back on topic. i do have a LOT of gilt and even a crystal chandelier in my dining room which is adjacent to my peacock room so maybe the two chairs AND the couch are a bit much. but also if you saw the stuff i have ( the peacock stuff ) i am so tempted to just go full out. but at this point my budget is not going to allow me to buy it anyway so i have time to think about it :)

Flock wallpaper, nice leather ox blood chesterfield sofas, thick pile carpet, perhaps a nice 80/20 wool jobbie, some nice Queen Anne chairs, massive fuck off solid oak desk, sash windows, granite worktops, Neff appliances (cant go wrong with kraut gear in the kitchen)...hmmm, what else?  A general attention to like, antiquity, some ornate coving, ceiling roses, some chandeliers but smaller ones, minimal, a lot of brass triming like stair bars, doorhandles etc.  

• Like 1

On 10/17/2016 at 4:22 PM, Len Cnut said:

Flock wallpaper, nice leather ox blood chesterfield sofas, thick pile carpet, perhaps a nice 80/20 wool jobbie, some nice Queen Anne chairs, massive fuck off solid oak desk, sash windows, granite worktops, Neff appliances (cant go wrong with kraut gear in the kitchen)...hmmm, what else?  A general attention to like, antiquity, some ornate coving, ceiling roses, some chandeliers but smaller ones, minimal, a lot of brass triming like stair bars, doorhandles etc.  

you should be an interior decorator!

On 17/10/2016 at 0:22 AM, Len Cnut said:

Do you live in a pub?

• Like 1