Oklahoma Governer Preys for Oil!

Dazey

Seriously?  I mean we are living in 2016 right? Fuck me!

Tomorrow, as recently announced by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin, is “Oilfield Prayer Day,” a very special day where Oklahomans get to use the power of prayer to reinvigorate a fossil fuel industry that’s created a handful of billionaires and a 5,000% increase in earthquakes.

“Oilfield Prayer Day” was originally just for Christians, but it’s since been revised to include people of “all faiths,” the Associated Pressreports. What an enormous relief.

“There are many people suffering right now who have lost their jobs in the energy sector ... there are a lot of families who have been hurt, and I think prayer is always a good thing, for anyone,” Fallin said. Fallin, an unabashed Trump supporter, is also known for overseeing several botched executions, one of which stretched for 40 minutes and ended with a heart attack.

Low oil prices have had a severely negative impact on Oklahoma’s economy, which, like several other states, is dependent on the oil and natural gas industry. However, the Washington Post points out that the state has maintained a tax break for oil and gas production worth around $470 million, while the state legislature has dramatically slashed funding from schools, resulting in some 4-day school weeks.

http://theslot.jezebel.com/oklahoma-gov-mary-fallin-asks-citizens-to-pray-for-the-1787704211

34 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Only in 'merica.

A country 3, 000 miles due south west of ours, remind me, why do I have to hear about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton? I'm British in my own country and I've got America in my news like it was my own?; It's not.

It's not like we get to vote in it anyway.

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 hour ago, Snake-Pit said:

A country 3, 000 miles due south west of ours, remind me, why do I have to hear about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton? I'm British in my own country and I've got America in my news like it was my own?; It's not.

It's not like we get to vote in it anyway.

Its called information you ignorant bastard :lol:.  Why watch their films, why listen to their music, its all a matter of ones interest isn't it?  And you should never bemoan the availability of information, it is a privelige not a right and we're all the better for it.

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Its called information you ignorant bastard :lol:.  Why watch their films, why listen to their music, its all a matter of ones interest isn't it?  And you should never bemoan the availability of information, it is a privelige not a right and we're all the better for it.

But I don't care about Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton anymore!.. :lol:

Srsly I don't care and it's not even my country too, which adds insult to injury, there was a time when I cared, but this is the worst campaign in history, it's like they're fighting for the White House trying to avoid time in the Big House. Black Lives Matter..

Edited by Snake-Pit

1 minute ago, Snake-Pit said:

Srsly I don't care and it's not even my country too, which adds insult to injury, was  time when I cared, but this is the worst campaign in history, it's like they're fighting for the White House try to avoid time in the Big House. Black Lives Matter..

I dont care neither...come to that i dont care who wins our elections either but its worth considering that we are not the audience for the news nor is it catering to a couple of dirty little toerags like us :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

I dont care neither...come to that i dont care who wins our elections either but its worth considering that we are not the audience for the news nor is it catering to a couple of dirty little toerags like us :lol:

I don't want some stupid 'if it's made in GB' and sold to the EU that GB pay the EU to sell it to the EU tariff scaring away big multi national companies with manufacturing plants in the UK, I care about that right now. 

Edited by Snake-Pit

Just now, Snake-Pit said:

iI don't want some stupid 'if it's made in GB' and sold to the EU that we have to pay to sell it to them tariff scaring away big multi national companies with manufacturing plants in the UK, I care about that right now. 

Dont worry Snakes, you'll be alright, theres a Job Centre on the high street :lol:

Just now, Len Cnut said:

Dont worry Snakes, you'll be alright, theres a Job Centre on the high street :lol:

I'm in Croydon in London just under the West End with a job and I'm a full time student, I'm surrounded by wealthy Caribbeans, not starving kids of Glasgow you Gobshite! :lol: 

Edited by Snake-Pit
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snake-Pit said:

I'm in Croydon in London just under the West End with a job and I'm a full time student, I'm surrounded by wealthy Caribbeans, not starving kids of Glasgow you Gobshite! :lol: 

Under the West End, how glamourous! :lol:  I was round your ends this wednesday gone actually.

Edited by Len Cnut

I honestly do not understand Brits who care passionately about modern American politics, enough to debate this stuff. Who cares if Americans want guns - or don't, for that matter. Who cares if they vote a cuckold old hag or a right-wing chap with a crap wig. None of this affects us!! Of course I do not mean this in the slightly detached historic sense, but it is an odd thing when you see Brits campaign 'against Trump' as if they have a polling card, and that if they did possess that very card it would some how swing the election in the favour of liberalism.

And where is the reciprocity? Where are the Yanks obsessed with a bi-election in Stoke?

Non quid pro quo

If you are obsessed about, being obsessed about foreign elections, at least spread it about a bit: the French election; the Germans - all this stuff will affect Britain far more than Trump trumping his way down to the oval office.

• Like 1

IF GB faces a tariff to the EU to sell goods driving up the cost of production in the UK compared to the EU, who in this nightmare scenario will benefit from the tariff, if a levee is charged than to what pot gets it and why? 

If we get to have free trade then do we have to keep the people too?

21 hours ago, Snake-Pit said:

Srsly I don't care and it's not even my country too, which adds insult to injury, there was a time when I cared, but this is the worst campaign in history, it's like they're fighting for the White House trying to avoid time in the Big House. Black Lives Matter..

This thread hasn't got anything to do with Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton. 

Edited by Dazey
Called Snakes a fucktard. Bad Dazey!!!!!