03/03/17 - Dubai, AE - Autism Rocks Arena

alfierose

1 hour ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Article about the concert:

http://m.khaleejtimes.com/guns-n-roses-to-rock-dubai

Interesting it says only original member not appearing is Izzy....:blink:

Yeah like as usual Middle Eastern and Near East Asian press know fuck about Guns N' Roses. It's been 15 years or so that these idiots still can not figure out what is going on in GNR. That's why reunion for them is not a surprise cause they were not thinking otherwise all these years...

They're just always over excited about almost everything, Same people who come to this gig in Autism Rock will be all there for Justin Bieber...

Probably this is gonna be the most annoying GNR gig I'm gonna attend. 

I know my people ;-)

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 2

To make it worst here's what the article says:

"Local rockers Point of View too are excited with the opportunity to open for Guns N' Roses in Dubai. The is band fronted by Mumbai lad Nikhil Uzgare who recently made news after making his Bollywood debut as a vocalist with the title track of Hindi film Irada"

ARGHHHHHHHH... What if I just don't want to see Indians on stage at least in a GN'R gig? I've had enough of them by living here Dubai for the past 2 years...

Edited by ©GnrPersia
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Terrible venue name.

Disagree. If it was called Autism Sucks I'd agree, but that it rocks? Fuck yeah, it's super positive. "Autism Rocks - For a world where people on the autistic spectrum are able to reach their true potential."

https://autism.rocks/#NEWS

"Autism Rocks is a United Kingdom-based charitable organization founded by Sanjay Shah[1] to raise awareness about autism through charitable music events. All funds raised by Autism Rocks will go to the Autism Research Trust, which in turn supports research by the Autism Research Centre at Cambridge University.

Autism Rocks gained international popularity after organizing an event[2] with late music artist Prince. The Guardian reported[3]that Prince 'love-bombed' the crowd. Artists such as Zayn Malik,[4] Lenny Kravitz,[5] Snoop Dogg and Ricky Martin[6] have also participated.

With the help of the Dubai government, Autism Rocks is building a permanent venue for music events in Dubai, to be called the Autism Rocks Arena,[7]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_Rocks

You wanna know terrible venue names? T-Mobile Arena, Ford Field, FedEx Field, Nissan Stadium, Gilette Stadium, Metlife St, Mercedes Benz SD, AT&T st. etc. etc. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

Disagree. If it was called Autism Sucks I'd agree, but that it rocks? Fuck yeah, it's super positive. "Autism Rocks - For a world where people on the autistic spectrum are able to reach their true potential."

https://autism.rocks/#NEWS

"Autism Rocks is a United Kingdom-based charitable organization founded by Sanjay Shah[1] to raise awareness about autism through charitable music events. All funds raised by Autism Rocks will go to the Autism Research Trust, which in turn supports research by the Autism Research Centre at Cambridge University.

Autism Rocks gained international popularity after organizing an event[2] with late music artist Prince. The Guardian reported[3]that Prince 'love-bombed' the crowd. Artists such as Zayn Malik,[4] Lenny Kravitz,[5] Snoop Dogg and Ricky Martin[6] have also participated.

With the help of the Dubai government, Autism Rocks is building a permanent venue for music events in Dubai, to be called the Autism Rocks Arena,[7]" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autism_Rocks

You wanna know terrible venue names? T-Mobile Arena, Ford Field, FedEx Field, Nissan Stadium, Gilette Stadium, Metlife St, Mercedes Benz SD, AT&T st. etc. etc. 

Yeah, I totally understand the concept. Not trying to sound ignorant; I have an autistic cousin. I guess I'm just not used to hearing "Autism Rocks", so at first it does sound a bit odd.

But in the long run, I suppose it is better than the corporate-named venues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ©GnrPersia said:

ARGHHHHHHHH... What if I just don't want to see Indians on stage at least in a GN'R gig? I've had enough of them by living here Dubai for the past 2 years...

Hey man, don't judge the whole race of people just cause of a few idiots, there are good and bad people everywhere in the world. 

You are only living in Dubai since the past 2 years, but there are many indians and many people from all around the world in Dubai since more than 30 years and all of them are working hard in their own way. 

Bumblefoot has played with Point of View before and he is a pretty Rock N Roll guy. As long as the opening bands plays Rock music and not some bollywood songs, then its fine? it doesn't matters if they are Indians or Africans or Aliens. 

Edited by Słash
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Believe me only if it wouldn't be because of earning cash...

So whats wrong if someone is in another country to earn money? 

17 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Most indians are touchy... no worries...

@Slash: what's your opinion? 

I guess we should concentrate on GNR rather than Indians or Africans or Aliens. 

If you had a bad experience with someone before doesn't means the whole race is bad, as I said before there are good and bad people everywhere in the world. 

• Like 1