03/03/17 - Dubai, AE - Autism Rocks Arena

alfierose

Wowwww. Once again. What a concert and what a band. Through the roof ???? Aint gonna get in to details but those arabs shouldnt be aloud the organize such a concert. What a fucking hell to get there let alone to get back. We were back at the hotel at 3.30. ?? 

Didnt they play the same seltlist over and over again during their old days too? (Appetite tour, use your illusion tour)

Back in the days the 'average fan'  went to one or two concerts. They may could have watched other concerts if they were into trading live-bootlegs, but that was it. No internet, no forum to talk about what happened, no youtube, no streams, no periscope, no facebook live, etc ...

The Internet ruined it for us and its our own fault ;)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Didnt they play the same seltlist over and over again during their old days too? (Appetite tour, use your illusion tour)

Back in the days the 'average fan'  went to one or two concerts. They may could have watched other concerts if they were into trading live-bootlegs, but that was it. No internet, no forum to talk about what happened, no youtube, no streams, no periscope, no facebook live, etc ...

The Internet ruined it for us and its our own fault ;)

yep but in 1991 GN'R was very experimental with the setlist

• Like 1

1 hour ago, werner said:

Wowwww. Once again. What a concert and what a band. Through the roof ???? Aint gonna get in to details but those arabs shouldnt be aloud the organize such a concert. What a fucking hell to get there let alone to get back. We were back at the hotel at 3.30. ?? 

Again... my friend is a bad ass driver and we managed to get back to the hotel in 45 minutes :dance:

But I have to admit: this event was way out of their league. And don't let me start on that strange Token system :facepalm:

9 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I think the setlist is pretty much perfect at this point (though they really should play Slither) and I hope they don't change it when they come to Europe, because I haven't heard/seen them live yet. I don't get the bitching about the setlist. If you think it's boring, stop watching those streams. Like someone said: sure, it's the same setlist but with a different audience every night.

Well said. Let other people enjoy who haven't seen them live. Loved the set list. Although I wished they included Don't Cry.

52 minutes ago, jekylhyde said:

I think the setlist is pretty much perfect at this point (though they really should play Slither) and I hope they don't change it when they come to Europe, because I haven't heard/seen them live yet. I don't get the bitching about the setlist. If you think it's boring, stop watching those streams. Like someone said: sure, it's the same setlist but with a different audience every night.

I agree!

The only smal complaint that I have is that there are a bit to many instrumental jams.

3 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Those "Arabs" made it possible for you to see Guns N' Roses. Stop nagging about transportation as it wasn't the best one when I was in Moenchengladbach, Germany and London shows.

Enjoy your stay in one of the most advanced cities in the world and be respectful to locals that you're visiting their great land. Hopefully we "Arabs" will get the same hospitality when we visit your country (I doubt so). Also your english needs improvement. "shouldn't be aloud*" correct: allowed.

btw me and my gang made it to the official instagram:

You have a point????✌?

Btw. Great picture 

• Like 1