03/03/17 - Dubai, AE - Autism Rocks Arena

alfierose

1 hour ago, Słash said:

Thats a great picture of Axl, I make fun of him that he is fat, but man he has really worked hard and lost a lot of weight at this age. 

I am only 24 and at the moment I have become 3 times more fatter than him, all my clothes have become tight. 

Way to go Axl, I will also start the gym from Monday (Ive been saying this since the past 3 months now) 

Yeah he looks good :)

Good luck to you with the weight, I hope you will make it :)

• Like 2

Just now, lenni19 said:

Yeah he looks good :)

Good luck to you with the weight, I hope you will make it :)

The sad thing is that I don't control it, for 6 months I work very hard and lose a lot of weight and become fit, then for 6 months I feel lazy and keep on eating junk food and gain weight again.

So well I hope this time I am able to maintain it. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Słash said:

The sad thing is that I don't control it, for 6 months I work very hard and lose a lot of weight and become fit, then for 6 months I feel lazy and keep on eating junk food and gain weight again.

So well I hope this time I am able to maintain it. 

Maybe you lose that much weight in the 6 months that your body and mind is just too tired of it, so you have to fill it up with junk food. Maybe it hells you this time if you go in smaler steps to reach your goal. You also can try to do a cheatday every once in a while just to make sure that your body does not get to exhausted. I hope this helps :)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Słash said:

Thats a great picture of Axl, I make fun of him that he is fat, but man he has really worked hard and lost a lot of weight at this age. 

I am only 24 and at the moment I have become 3 times more fatter than him, all my clothes have become tight. 

Way to go Axl, I will also start the gym from Monday (Ive been saying this since the past 3 months now) 

Way to go dude.. Thats the kind of thoughts that should be posted on this forum more often.  BRAVO!!

about the show.. Songs like wttj, dtj, estranged.  ( those and sweet child were the ones i got to see on fblive during the show) god.. Those songs were insanely good, even people who work around me ( a saw it at work haha) enjoyed a lot.  ( theyre not even gnr fans, they only knew wttj and scom /wich by the way axl got therethere(scom) too tired but thats ok considering age and touring. But since my workmates were all singing scom they didnt even noticed that)

Btw im tryin to find TIL from this Dubai show. ( thats one of the songs i look for every show).. So if anybody find a decent one just let me know.  ( thanks)

Now its time to wait for that euro leg 

11 hours ago, Słash said:

He's not fat at all, he has a tummy that's it. I'd have his babies...hehehe. Gosh u r young, I thought most fans here would be 40. U weren't even born when Appetite came out 

Edited by Kyles
More info

4 hours ago, Kyles said:

He's not fat at all, he has a tummy that's it. I'd have his babies...hehehe. Gosh u r young, I thought most fans here would be 40. U weren't even born when Appetite came out 

Hey, I'll turn 22 next month. Yea, a lot of us are quite young :P 

On 3.3.2017 at 7:18 PM, metalms said:

Very sad!  I am thankful I live where I do.  We have our problems but  this I can't see happening here.   I hope they can be refunded too

Huh? You can't see a traffic jam happening shortly before a concert event with 10s of thousands of people attending? Had they gotten there in time there wouldn't have been a problem. It's kinda common knowledge that close to the beginning time there might be some major traffic and parkng problems.

3 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Huh? You can't see a traffic jam happening shortly before a concert event with 10s of thousands of people attending? Had they gotten there in time there wouldn't have been a problem. It's kinda common knowledge that close to the beginning time there might be some major traffic and parkng problems.

But 3 hours of traffic?? That is a bit excessive imho.

• Like 1

I have also been at this show. What an absolute nightmare to get there (and leave from there). People in Dubai are not used to things starting on time, so we only left the city around 6:30pm as we really did not expect it to start before 10pm. Usually concerts here start only when the Super VIPs who are always late arrive, so we were very surprised that Guns started on time (what happened to good ol Axl!??). The promoters were aware that many people were still stuck in the traffic and they have been asked to start the concert later. There are rumours here that Axl was very pissed about standing in that monster traffice jam as well, so he started the show immediately when he arrived (he mentioned on stage they were standing 3,5 hours in the traffic, finally took a shortcut through the desert and got stuck there...."The real Dubai experience"). This was pretty embarassing to the local bigwhigs here :lol:

It was even a much bigger traffic disaster than Singapore (which I also attended and which was the worst organized concert I have ever been to....in European countries people would have torched down that place). In Dubai we needed about 2,5 hours to get to the venue, walking the last 2 km on the highway, crawling through a camel fence and sand dunes and only arrived after the first couple of songs were already played. They should simply not have concerts this size at venues without any public transport. It was a nightmare in Singapore and even worse in Dubai. 

Having said that, I was able to watch the show from the VIP stand and it was the best I have ever been able to watch a concert. Really close to the stage, no heads in front, right in the middle sweet sound spot, clean restrooms and plenty of drinks and food included in the ticket price (price was about 300USD...just to annoy our US friends with the insane ticket prices there :lol:). It actually looked like in a typical Dubai style they pretty much arranged the whole concert venue around the VIP stand, so those would have the best concert experience possible (the GA was really far to the sides of the stage..). Even in the VIP stand all people were standing and most of them actually rocking out to Guns, even in the sky lounge where usually at least some members of the royal family would stay. The guys next to me have only seen Axl with AC/DC last year and thought he did so great they bought tickets to the Guns show also.

The concert itself was great....Axl got constantly better throughout the night, best part was when he was leaning on Slash`s shoulder for a bit. Also during NR he looks like in his 20s again with the backwards hat! The show got raving reviews in Dubai (and the organizers got heavy flak for the traffic jam and embarassement to Dubai of having their Superstars being stuck in traffic). Vocally for me the best song was This I love....even I do not really get that song as much...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, God of Thunder said:

There are rumours here that Axl was very pissed about standing in that monster traffice jam as well, so he started the show immediately when he arrived 

The concert itself was great....Axl got constantly better throughout the night, best part was when he was leaning on Slash`s shoulder for a bit. Also during NR he looks like in his 20s again with the backwards hat! 

What a pro that he (and all the band) went straight on stage even after what sounds like a nightmare journey and the associated stress. He has really matured. 

And some Slaxl too!!! 

On 3/4/2017 at 8:23 PM, pretty_tied_up92 said:

arrived at around 5.20 at the venue. No traffic at all to get there, so I guess a good choice to come early. Grabbed some food and beer and went to the fan pit. Just sat and and enjoyed the atmosphere.

To me it seemed like Axl really was on fire,

So the lesson for us going to the Europe shows is: get there early!! It does sound like a particularly bad transport situation in Dubai - but when there's a big gig, transport is affected, no matter where the location. I will be at Slane at 1 PM!!

Edited by money honey
  • Like 1

My dad saw The Eagles at that arena a couple of years back and had a pretty crappy experience getting to and at the venue as well, said he'd never go to a gig there again.

Had no problems when we saw GNR at Yas Arena in Abu Dhabi in 2010 and 2013. When Metallica played Yas Arena in 2013 there was more traffic than GNR since there were about twice as many people, but even then we were only stuck for maybe 30 minutes.

• Like 1

On 3/6/2017 at 1:03 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Honestly I thought about that later as well,  (people should have left earlier) I guess I don't know the area well enough to comment.  I just read that there was inadequete parking and roads around the venue were crowded with people because the surrounding area couldn't deal with that # of people, and so on.  I live 10 minutes away from a venue that can seat 50,000+ people and sure we have traffic but NOTHING like the tweets/pictures I saw from Dubai.  the band was forced to drive thru a desert to get to their own show,,,so I guess I boasted a bit but yea I am glad I live where I do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, metalms said:

Honestly I thought about that later as well,  (people should have left earlier) I guess I don't know the area well enough to comment.  I just read that there was inadequete parking and roads around the venue were crowded with people because the surrounding area couldn't deal with that # of people, and so on.  I live 10 minutes away from a venue that can seat 50,000+ people and sure we have traffic but NOTHING like the tweets/pictures I saw from Dubai.  the band was forced to drive thru a desert to get to their own show,,,so I guess I boasted a bit but yea I am glad I live where I do.

me too ;)

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 9:50 AM, Amir said:

My dad saw The Eagles at that arena a couple of years back and had a pretty crappy experience getting to and at the venue as well, said he'd never go to a gig there again.

Had no problems when we saw GNR at Yas Arena in Abu Dhabi in 2010 and 2013. When Metallica played Yas Arena in 2013 there was more traffic than GNR since there were about twice as many people, but even then we were only stuck for maybe 30 minutes.

This is a bit random but, love your slogan.