02/28/17 - Bangkok, TH - SCG Stadium

Powerage5

1 hour ago, SoundOfAGun said:

What the fuck is holding that hat on?!

I've been seriously wondering this for ages. Like to the point where I need to know. Not that it bothers me or anything, but HOW!? What kind of demonic sorcery is involved? Did it take place at the Crossroads?

I have to hold my beanie down whenever it's too windy, let alone headbanging and literal fucking handstands!

3 hours ago, axlgeddes said:

One of my mates was at the show and was going to get me a t shirt. But despite being an hour before show started every single shirt with bangkok on it  (elephant or demon) was sold out. 

Gutted behind belief. Does anyone have spare bkk shirts? A demon one especially I could buy? I'm going to slane castle and will return the favour. 

Bummer. They had some great shirts. Probably the best of the tour so far with Japan. My mate is in the Far East too but couldn't make the show. 

Slane should have some cool shirts. 

7 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

I'm excited for their next break, I think Axl needs a bit of rest. I thought his voice would keep getting better but it's been in autopilot lately. A much needed break will hopefully add some fire to it 

Agree, he seemed to just coast along lately. Not improving or anything - being better during the NA leg at times. Nice Bangkok Jungle tho.

Edited by AFGnR

24 minutes ago, LADoll77 said:

as long as they don't make the setlist interesting again it will continue this way. if they added Locomotive and Breakdown and switched all the songs around, new opener ,imagine the reactions!

I'm not interested in hearing anything different on the set until Axl can nail some of the staples. No reason YCBM, November Rain, Paradise City have to be as weak as they are. The setlist is great but if you only nail the first half of the show then it can start to drag. 

I don't want him to sing Perfect Crime and sound like Mickey, I think it would just be disappointing. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, colonizedmind said:

Wow, is there a ticket to that position in the stadium?? 

To each his own. But I would rather watch her from the front (as she has a good looking face and her voice is great, so that kinda go together), than watch some deflated balloons. 

Sorry if I offended anyone.

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

Unfortunately, they could add Locomotive and Breakdown to the existing setlist, without dropping any other songs, and people would be back to complaining just as much by the end of the week.

No doubt about It, the complainers would than request other songs be added due to the setlist being stale.

2 hours ago, Derick said:

When will people understand that it's the same setlist but for different audiences? Yep, same show, same tour... for different audiences...Makes sense for me! What's wrong with that? Ow..I get it, the thing is complain, that´s the cyberfans´s deal. C´mon guys, If we watch free shows online knowing that they belong to the same tour this is our problem. Get over it

Kinda agree with this. We've been following this band live (whether physically at the show or through periscope (though I've stopped watching periscopes altogether once their NA tour ended)) and admittedly, from the trend, already know their future setlist by heart.

Majority of other concert-going fans are just casual fans who also jump on attending hundreds of other bands' shows when they perform locally, so THEY obviously probably heard the songs played in IRL in front of their real eyes for the first time (maybe after tens of years). 

Probably fair to sign a petition to stop supporting this band :lol: :lol: IF they keep touring for the next FIVE years with the same setlist, without promoting any new album(s).

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

Probably fair to sign a petition to stop supporting this band :lol: :lol: IF they keep touring for the next FIVE years with the same setlist, without promoting any new album(s).

That´s a good point to think about. "to support the band"...how we exactly support them from the internet? How exactly this works? What kind support is it? To me what we do here is just support ourselves. I´m here because that brings to me some good moments, I follow every show and every news about the band because it makes me well and I worry about them because they give me something, it's not for charity, it's because I get something back. And all this I do on my own, from my own will..And when they stop giving me what I like, I just stop "supporting" them..They did not make me sign any contract..Ow, that´s good!:lol:

8 minutes ago, Derick said:

That´s a good point to think about. "to support the band"...how we exactly support them from the internet? How exactly this works? What kind support is it? To me what we do here is just support ourselves. I´m here because that brings to me some good moments, I follow every show and every news about the band because it makes me well and I worry about them because they give me something, it's not for charity, it's because I get something back. And all this I do on my own, from my own will..And when they stop giving me what I like, I just stop "supporting" them..They did not make me sign any contract..Ow, that´s good!:lol:

:P Sorry for being vague here.. I mean support by buying tickets to their shows and helping making these millionaires richer day after day. 

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

:P Sorry for being vague here.. I mean support by buying tickets to their shows and helping making these millionaires richer day after day. 

But which the percent you think we represent on their millionaire status? How many hardcore fans you think they have on a stadium show? If every dissatisfied hardcore fan stop buy tickets they will´ll keep doing big money. Because the big money don´t come from us, the big money come from the casuals and it has always been like that. 

The MyGNR forum is the biggest hardcore fan´s forum and how many actives users you think we are? 2.000? 3.000? The point is It's ok if you´re dissatisfied with the repeated setlist. But how many times did they do the same show and the same NITL setlist in your city? So it's not fair to blame the band for it...Because this is something we have to solve on our own, we decided to be hardcore fan by our own convenience.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Derick said:

But which the percent you think we represent on their millionaire status? How many hardcore fans you think they have on a stadium show? If every dissatisfied hardcore fan stop buy tickets they will´ll keep doing big money. Because the big money don´t come from us, the big money come from the casuals and it has always been like that. 

The MyGNR forum is the biggest hardcore fan´s forum and how many actives users you think we are? 2.000? 3.000? The point is It's ok if you´re dissatisfied with the repeated setlist. But how many times did they do the same show and the same NITL setlist in your city? So it's not fair to blame the band for it...Because this is something we have to solve on our own, we decided to be hardcore fan by our own convenience.

;)okay.. if you read my prev posts above, you should notice that I did not complain of the setlist being stale. In fact I was defending why for this threeunion tour they will keep playing pretty much the same hit songs (with some CD songs thrown in because, Axl).

But I would dare to go as far as guessing (my opinion only) that if year after year... nothing changes... same songs... same employees... same everything... they may lose the appeal even to the casual fans eventually... :shrugs:

Awesome gig I though! I was right down the front, 4 people from the barrier. As I have said in a previous post, it's my second gig - the first being Coachella weekend one.

Good to see Axl moving around this time! I knew the set-list was going to be the same, but nice to hear 'My Michelle',   'Don't Cry' and 'Sorry' - all of which were not played at Coachella. At Coachella I got 'Patience' and the two AC/DC songs so was nice to have a slight change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cheesecake said:

I'm going because I want to. I'll enjoy myself. I'm not doing it for them. I always find that such an odd notion. (Something I've noticed before; not specifically talking about you.) Supporting them... Of course we do support them, but that's because we get something out of it ourselves, right? The moment I'm not enjoying it anymore, I won't be going to concerts or buying albums (LOL. Please, Axl, I want to be able to buy another album from GNR!!!) anymore. I'm not doing it to do them a favour.

• Like 4