02/28/17 - Bangkok, TH - SCG Stadium

Powerage5

1 hour ago, cheesecake said:

;)okay.. if you read my prev posts above, you should notice that I did not complain of the setlist being stale. In fact I was defending why for this threeunion tour they will keep playing pretty much the same hit songs (with some CD songs thrown in because, Axl).

But I would dare to go as far as guessing (my opinion only) that if year after year... nothing changes... same songs... same employees... same everything... they may lose the appeal even to the casual fans eventually... :shrugs:

You're right. If they do the same, year after year the demand falls precipitously, this is fact. But at the moment, they are doing exactly what must be done and are succeeding. In my opinion, releasing new music right now would be stupid. Putting 2 or 3 new songs in the setlist will not significantly increase the amount of audience in the stadiums and would probably ruin the "moment" of the possible new album. It would be a wrong strategy. They need to exhaust all the possibilities of this Slash and Duff´s return and, after that, yes  they need think about what to do.

I completly understand you sometimes it´s too boring  but again It's not the band's fault. Now, at this moment, they are doing exactly what they need to do. They still have a whole continent that has not yet seen this show. Besides that this tour even have not complete 1 year.. So we need to deal with this "same everything" or just take a walk outside the room and come back when something change.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Derick said:

You're right. If they do the same, year after year the demand falls precipitously, this is fact. But at the moment, they are doing exactly what must be done and are succeeding. In my opinion, releasing new music right now would be stupid. Putting 2 or 3 new songs in the setlist will not significantly increase the amount of audience in the stadiums and would probably ruin the "moment" of the possible new album. It would be a wrong strategy. They need to exhaust all the possibilities of this Slash and Duff´s return and, after that, yes  they need think about what to do.

I completly understand you sometimes it´s too boring  but again It's not the band's fault. Now, at this moment, they are doing exactly what they need to do. They still have a whole continent that has not yet seen this show. Besides that this tour even have not complete 1 year.. So we need to deal with this "same everything" or just take a walk outside the room and come back when something change.

He he that's what I meant by my previous post... if after 5 years, they are still touring same setlist over and over... I'm not sure I'll still hang around here (but who knows, I probably still will LOL)

2 hours ago, RooSaa said:

Cool picture, but how did you manage to get an Instagram pic that big? Usually they are always small sized (because of screenshot)

If you using Firefox browser you can easily grab most of the original pic address via media panel on page info. If you found number like s150x150 or s640xs640 on the pic address delete them so the pic will show up as original size.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

If you using Firefox browser you can easily grab most of the original pic address via media panel on page info. If you found number like s150x150 or s640xs640 on the pic address delete them so the pic will show up as original size.

Thank you, didnt knew that :)

3 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Why don't y'all that Toki Japanese chick how she feels about the set list and 'really' supporting the band as she's been to every single '17 show! ;-D

Haha, she does it for Slash! 

But for what it's worth, I'd go to every show and be happy with each one! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Litti said:

Sorry is one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy, so I'm glad they play it often. Whats going on, why the hate? :o:o

I don't think it's hate so much as it's just a momentum killer at the shows. I like the song but it sucked the life out of the crowd last year. Even Better did at the show I was at!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Litti said:

Sorry is one of the best songs on Chinese Democracy, so I'm glad they play it often. Whats going on, why the hate? :o:o

Because it is off Chinese Democracy... Even the best songs aren't very good. The majority of the crowd either doesn't like it, know it or care to hear it.. As someone said, it is a buzzkill... Just like the rest of the CD songs they play aside from maybe the title track which seems to get the best reaction.. Probably because it is so early in the set, short and resembles Guns N' Roses.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Litti said:

if there is hate it's because the CD songs kill the crowd momentum, especially CD as third song.

at the SF show this  i love turned into bathroom break too.

that being said I personally appreciated the CD songs but unfortunately didn't get Sorry.

Probably not the right thread, but a few shows ago I read on here that the band was streaming their performance with soundboard to a "VIP room" live (or something like that). People on here were talking about recording it. Did that happen?

23 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Probably not the right thread, but a few shows ago I read on here that the band was streaming their performance with soundboard to a "VIP room" live (or something like that). People on here were talking about recording it. Did that happen?

You must be referring to the livestream of that local radio. In fact the DJ would broadcast a radio show from a VIP room directly from the venue. But none of this happened. False alarm.

Just now, Derick said:

You must be referring to the livestream of that local radio. In fact the DJ would broadcast a radio show from a VIP room directly from the venue. But none of this happened. False alarm.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up! It's hard to keep up with everything because threads disappear and the pages go so quickly :P

• Like 1