Slither instrumental cover

Good work @AslatIE! Your rhythm tracks are tight and the overall mix sounds better than your CD recording. What gear did you use? I think your overlay for the most part sounded good, bit of a wobble on the section between the first chorus and second verse, but good overall. 

The solo could do with some work; there were parts that were good, but some of it could do with some work. Mainly bends I think, you can do the fast stuff pretty good. The snare could do with being a bit louder, but I don't know if you can do that (if you're using a full kit backing track).

Really impressed dude, start working on your own stuff now!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SoundOfAGun said:

Good work @AslatIE! Your rhythm tracks are tight and the overall mix sounds better than your CD recording. What gear did you use? I think your overlay for the most part sounded good, bit of a wobble on the section between the first chorus and second verse, but good overall. 

The solo could do with some work; there were parts that were good, but some of it could do with some work. Mainly bends I think, you can do the fast stuff pretty good. The snare could do with being a bit louder, but I don't know if you can do that (if you're using a full kit backing track).

Really impressed dude, start working on your own stuff now!

Thanks, it means a lot coming from you :D 

I used the same stuff as on the CD cover, mixed with Audacity again, but used some slightly different ''amps'' on the amp sim, and also recorded the solo separately.

For some reason I never nail bends on this very solo, dunno why. The snare is out of my power, it's pretty much a backing track.

Thank you, and we'll see what the future brings :D 

You will be great at production in time, given how young you are starting! I thought the drums may be a backing track, everything else on the kit sounded loud enough in the mix (I was using cheap earbud headphones to listen, but you still get an idea).

Your new amp sims sound good as well. As for me, I am at a dead end at the minute, you get to a point where you know you want stuff to sound better, but don't gave the skills to get there. Very frustrating.

• Like 2