need some advice on blues jamming

lately i've found myself to be lost a bit while playing the blues in A minor pentatonic

i know the patterns of the minor pentatonic across the neck by heart, but i've got some questions:

- i know the A note is the root note, but how do i incorporate it in my playing? is it a note i should always end my run on?

- the rhythm guitar plays the chords in a blues progression. when a different chord is played, my playing should change a bit too. in what way should i look different at the pattern then?

Edited by action

1 hour ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

don't listen to @Len Cnut he's a frustrated wannabe interior decorator :lol:

Standing in front of a full length mirror, growling and pulling manly faces at myself, accidentally noticing the beautifully patterned cushions scattered across the room, catching myself do it and breaking down in tears, thats me :lol:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Standing in front of a full length mirror, growling and pulling manly faces at myself, accidentally noticing the beautifully patterned cushions scattered across the room, catching myself do it and breaking down in tears, thats me :lol:

there there ::patting you on the back:: we all know you just ooze testoterone ;)

Len Cnut doesn't admit it, but he's as gay as a pink rubber weezer on a Chantilly pie.

all the signs are there: he has posters of mohammad ali's sweaty, muscular body above his bed. whenever he looks at it he gets this hazy, happy stare in his eyes. he knows more about home interior than my wife (trust me, that's saying something), AND he just loves the feeling of stuff grinding his inner prostate. it's so bad he eats concrete to make his shit get harder.

more on topic, I'm not sure I'm really playing songs when I'm playing the blues. I'm more an improvising kind of guy, making up stuff as I go. lol. there is a sound excerpt of one of my more legendary sessions somewhere in the chat thread.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

The minor pentatonic alone is pretty useless for blues playing and will sound horrid against most blues backing tracks. You need to learn your blues scales (similar to the minor pentatonic, but it has an added diminished 5th, which makes all the difference).

thanks. I knew there was something missing

7 hours ago, action said:

Len Cnut doesn't admit it, but he's as gay as a pink rubber weezer on a Chantilly pie.

all the signs are there: he has posters of mohammad ali's sweaty, muscular body above his bed. whenever he looks at it he gets this hazy, happy stare in his eyes. he knows more about home interior than my wife (trust me, that's saying something), AND he just loves the feeling of stuff grinding his inner prostate. it's so bad he eats concrete to make his shit get harder.

more on topic, I'm not sure I'm really playing songs when I'm playing the blues. I'm more an improvising kind of guy, making up stuff as I go. lol. there is a sound excerpt of one of my more legendary sessions somewhere in the chat thread.

hahaha! funny

"there is a sound excerpt of one of my more legendary sessions somewhere in the chat thread." any idea where on the thread, i'd love to hear it :)

4 minutes ago, action said:

thanks but as usual i can't get this to work, i am hopelessly inept at technology :(

if it's on this thread i can probably find it, i will look now :)

UPDATE: i just noticed you said the chat thread, what is that? thanks!

Edited by AxlsFavoriteRose

13 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thanks but as usual i can't get this to work, i am hopelessly inept at technology :(

if it's on this thread i can probably find it, i will look now :)

UPDATE: i just noticed you said the chat thread, what is that? thanks!

that's odd. if you click on the link, you should be redirected to a new window, where you just have to push the play button.

the chat thread is the "general chat thread" on the anything goes forum ;)

here is the link to the page i posted it in

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210162-general-chat-random-musings/&page=295

Edited by action

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

when i pressed it i got a list of places to play it. i tried the Google one and it said i didn't have enough of something to play it :(

i am on Chrome if that makes a difference...

going to the other thread to look now :)

try music player for google drive. you can select this with "open with".

damned computers eh? :P

• Like 1

Just now, action said:

try music player for google drive. you can select this with "open with".

damned computers eh? :P

yep! i did try that, that was when i got the i don't have enough space, i guess to do it?

do you remember approximately when you put that on the general chat thread? it has so many pages! :P

Just now, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

yep! i did try that, that was when i got the i don't have enough space, i guess to do it?

do you remember approximately when you put that on the general chat thread? it has so many pages! :P

does this link work in stead?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5W2W0eBTIToY0NvUTliNFJ0OEU/view?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

it's on this page

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/210162-general-chat-random-musings/&page=295

but i fear it wont help you much further :(

2 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

thanks so much for trying. if this wasn't so sad it would be laughable. this is what i got when i clicked :facepalm:

Sorry, there is a problem

The page you are trying to access is not available for your account.

Error code: 2C171/1

well, what did you expect of a GNR message board, with GNR and their policy on sharing new tunes ;) 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

that's what came up for me w/the other link. i am getting this message:

There was an error reading the file. Daily limit for unauthenticated use exceeded :(

maybe tomorrow your "limit" will have reset? :P

if it doesnt work, no worries. it's not like it was the new "immigrant song" anyway :P

Edited by action
  • Like 1