Songs you've only just discovered.

Snake-Pit

i have read and seen this name JACKSON BROWNE in many places but i never stopped what i was doing to listen to him

this one is kinda good -- i have no idea if his other songs are half as good as this one

(on a semi-gnr connection, this song reminds me a bit the col parker album, the girl doing backing vocals and all)

• Like 1

new song (2016) from leonard cohen 

i suppose his new album is just about to be released

this one has a cool bassline and sounds nice after a few listens

i fond leonard cohen's music thanks to a gnr bootleg (indiana 1991 vhs tape)

"everybody knows" was the last song played before the band went onstage and it was captured live on the bootleg as some sort of intro

yeah, one more gnr connection!

Not sure about certain songs, but recently I've gone back and checked out a lot of people that never really got my full attention. Thanks to the fact that not much new music excites me these days, I've gotten turned on to a lot of great old stuff that I missed. Johnny Thunders is one, never checked him out fully since I didn't care for NY Dolls but I love Thunders' solo stuff.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J Dog said:

Not sure about certain songs, but recently I've gone back and checked out a lot of people that never really got my full attention. Thanks to the fact that not much new music excites me these days, I've gotten turned on to a lot of great old stuff that I missed. Johnny Thunders is one, never checked him out fully since I didn't care for NY Dolls but I love Thunders' solo stuff.

I've heard every last stitch of recorded music this man put out, he was fuckin' amazing.

12 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I've heard every last stitch of recorded music this man put out, he was fuckin' amazing.

"I gotta walk right up to her....give her a great big kiss...mwah!"

Agreed. I didn't just like him, he jumped way up on my list. He quickly joined some of my all time favorites.

And credit and respect to you sir. You were the one that got me to go back and check him out and give him a legit chance. Good looking out there my friend.

BRIAN "ROBBO" ROBERTSON, legendary THIN LIZZY guitar player in the 70s released a solo album some years ago

he was helped by a friend who went through old recordings that he had from the 70s, 80s, etc

the album was recorded by some A-list European musicians including a guy from... Europe!

Robbo said it was the best rhythm section hes played with since his Lizzy days

the album is solid -- i just found about it recently -- and i am addicted to the first song!

9 hours ago, ludurigan said:

i never liked THE CURE, but recently i found this song and i think it is really good!

love the chord change (or whatever that "turn" is) on 2m08s!

does anyone here know any other great songs by THE CURE, specially songs that are not famous singles?

I like their first 5 albums and quite some of their later stuff.

These were singles, but maybe you haven't heard them:

Edited by Blackstar

On 10/26/2016 at 10:30 PM, ludurigan said:

i never liked THE CURE, but recently i found this song and i think it is really good!

love the chord change (or whatever that "turn" is) on 2m08s!

does anyone here know any other great songs by THE CURE, specially songs that are not famous singles?

For YEARS I never gave The Cure the time of day.

My advice to you is to purchase the album KISS ME KISS ME KISS ME straight away.

Here's a couple of  songs from it:

And here's one from THE TOP 

also

It's the early stuff that seems to be the critic's choice, but I like the "sell out" late 80's/early 90's stuff the best.

Edited by DR DOOM