Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

4 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

Are you guys gonna get the gray joy cons version or the red & blue?

Red & blue. It's a Nintendo console, so at least for me, I want it to be as jolly as possible. I wish they had the joy cons in green but I like these colors as well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

Lack of games at launch, ridiculously over-priced accessories, charging for a third-rate (at best) online system and a base console price that's $50 higher than the competiton with no playable game included in the box.

This is going to fail spectactularly. As a Nintendo fanboy I would love to be wrong but I just don't see it.

I'll buy Breath of the Wild for Wii U and wait for the Switch's inevitable price drop somewhere down the line (if I pick one up at all).

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm just not really interested at this point. Zelda looks great, but I've skipped Zelda games before without much personal crisis. The thing comes with no games, too. So, in Canada, I'd be spending over $550 before a price drop just for the system and one game. They really made the choice easy for me here. Even waiting for a price drop will take forever up here, and considering more powerful consoles (with games) will be dropping prices at similar times, there's really no reason for me to get this.

If they had announced a proper Metroid game, or described their approach with the Virtual Console in actual detail, I would've at least had difficulty saying no to this system. It's too bad, because my hype was pretty high before the reveal, but Nintendo obliterated that excitement.

Mario is gonna be a must play game for me. Even if I wasn't interested in buying the Switch, I would feel left out if I didn't get to play Mario in December.

The best version of Zelda is the Switch version. Gotta play that one. As for Metroid, Reggie said a while back "ask me again in a about a year" when asked about it. There is a chance they'll announce something at E3.

You gotta keep some surprises for later.

Jury still out on the Switch. Many people that actually got to try one are saying the built quality is great, and the Joy Cons are cool as fuck, a lot of tech went into these little fuckers.

But the accessories are expensive as hell. Could be a problem. And not enough games at launch.

But if this thing gets off the ground and replaces the 3ds, it could have a bright future with many great Nintendo games. I think Third parties won't bring their AAA games to it anytime soon.

Zelda has a chance of being game of the year, It looks absolutely insane. Wii U game or not.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

I'm fine with surprises, but my price complaints remain the same. It's hard for me to get excited about a system like this when it's going to cost me close to $600 to enjoy one game. Even if Zelda is the game of all-time, then I'd still rather wait because of the price point.

Still, I'll check it out when the price comes down. I definitely want to try out Sonic Mania on a handheld, and I'll be pumped if they release a physical version of it for the Switch.

6 minutes ago, Zeppelin said:

I'm fine with surprises, but my price complaints remain the same. It's hard for me to get excited about a system like this when it's going to cost me close to $600 to enjoy one game. Even if Zelda is the game of all-time, then I'd still rather wait because of the price point.

Still, I'll check it out when the price comes down. I definitely want to try out Sonic Mania on a handheld, and I'll be pumped if they release a physical version of it for the Switch.

300$ is not that bad of a price for the system. I'm gonna have to pay double cause videogames are expensive in my country. The real issue for me is the price of the joy cons, and the pro controller. Really sucks.

But I guess it's how big of a Nintendo fan you are maybe, if it's worth it to you to buy a system for mainly Nintendo games. The best Nintendo games offer something unique I think.

Zelda and Mario are games I just have to play, but if you don't mind skipping those, as well as games that I think will be announced for the Switch like Bayonetta 3 for example, possibly Metroid, etc. I think it doesn't make sense to own a Switch.

You do get more value for your buck if you buy a PS4. Horizon Zero Dawn looks really great and I'm very excited about playing it, but Nintendo's first party games are something I personally can't miss out on.

• Like 1

It'll be pretty expensive here in Canada, too. Maybe not the most expensive price in the world, but it's still too much for me. If it came bundled with Zelda for the base price or something, then I'd be quite interested. But not being able to play for under $550CDN is unacceptable right now. I'm sure we'll get a $20 break during our "Black Friday sales". Other than that, we'll have to wait for at least a year and a half.

Edited by Zeppelin

Yeah, I don't see myself buying one of these.  Don't have a lot of money to spend on video games this year (according to my wife, the budget is actually zero) so I'll likely wait and get the Scorpio due out late fall (I read today that's reportedly almost five times more powerful than the current Xbox One).  I just don't play video games on the go (prefer to read; guess I'm getting old) and $550 CDN for a system in which I'd be interested in one or two games (Zelda and Mario) doesn't seem worth it.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

So I guess no one is talking about all the new Zelda previews and such? Where'd you all go? Hah. Lots of new info out there, without a lot of spoilers. A lot of analysis about how the game runs on the Switch, how you use certain weapons, certain kinds of enemies, etc.

Still not much on dungeons yet, though.

• Like 1

I don't really play videogames, but I've always been fascinated by the lore of Zelda cause I used to watch my brother play the games, so I looked up the cutscenes for this new one that just came out today. Doesn't really feel like there's much of a story this time around, but I suppose that's done intentionally so that the gamer can focus on the gameplay and perhaps learn more about the lore and experience the story thru the gameplay itself. If that's the case, then great!

Breath Of The Wild! what a masterpiece. Pro controller is a must imo to truly experience this game like it was meant to be played. I don't have midget fingers. But the portable mode is pretty epic. I literally took a shit playing Breath Of The Wild and loved it.

The kickstand is shitty, the battery is not a big deal, but I'm gonna buy an extra one. Screen looks great, HD rumble haven't tried it but so many indie games are gonna use it this year.

I love my switch, but it does feel like a first generation Switch console like the first 3ds was. High quality material, but as a home console leaves a lot to be desired. Zelda wasn't built for Switch. In 2 to 3 years developers will get way more out of this system. It delivers on everything it has promised in the commercials and the joy cons attached to the console function really well.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1