Nintendo Switch

Gnrfan2001

• 1 month later...

I've been playing Fast RMX lately. Feels like the Pod Racing game Star Wars never made honestly. This shit is FAST though. Took me awhile to get used to it as so much shit happens in a 2 and a half minute race. The controls are kinda close together, and im not sure if you can change the layout. 

3 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I can't stop watching this trailer. It looks so great. I've only ever played the original Mario game and this has me totally won over and excited. I feel like I really get it now. It's a joyous, colourful, fun acid trip. I love the cute mechanic of throwing your hat onto things to become them, that's hilarious.

nintendo games are pure and random bliss.

in what other games do pirannha plants dance on techno beats, with sub-woofers pounding out the basses, while driving on a giant piano, and the music going bananas during the final lap? (mario kart 8)

sometimes i think nintendo developers have a huge stash of magic mushrooms. kiddie, this surely ain't. this is hardcore stuff.

• Like 1

Not sure what to do with this atm, part of me really fancies one but it's annoying they never made it backwards compatible with the Wii U, there were a handful of games I really wanted to play for that but could never justify shelling out for one for just a few games. I see they've brought a couple over like Mario Kart 8 and Lego City Undercover, a few more like Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Devil's Third, Super Smash Bros, Hyrule Warriors and the HD Zelda games and I'll definitely take the plunge. Doubtful they will though, so probably just try to pick up a cheap Wii U and wait for a while with the Switch to see how it does. At least it doesn't look like it's going to bomb like the Wii U.

5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

I'd like all of those as well. I predict they'll do Smash Bros Deluxe next year and maybe the Zelda games. Would also like a deluxe Switch version of Ocarina of Time & Majora's Mask.

I'll probably get a Wii U if I can find a bargain, I did the same with the Wii and PS3 last gen, got them towards the end of their lifespan just for the exclusives I wanted to play and managed to pick them up pretty cheap (I'd had a 360 all last gen). I got the PS3 mainly for The Last of Us. It'll be annoying if I do the same with the Wii U and then the games I mentioned come to the Switch though. :lol: I really NEED to play Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade and the new Zelda.

1 minute ago, Oldest Goat said:

Going to get Xenoblade 2 once you do get a Switch? I think Bayonetta 2 has a chance of a Switch version, maybe. It's supposed to be really good. They should also port Wonderful 101.

I will eventually, yeah, but like I say, I need to play the Wii U one first. That's why I think it's doubtful they'll bring X over to the Switch, Xenoblade 2 is due out later this year anyway. It seems a no brainer for them to do Wii U ports to fill out the Switch library of games but I can also understand if they don't want to overload it with Wii U titles, especially as it sold so poorly. They probably want to distance themselves from it. :lol: The thing with Bayonetta 2 is it's a pretty niche game so it would depend on whether they think it would sell enough copies to bother. Loved the first Bayonetta.

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

@action @KeyserSoze @Rovim Hey guys(and any other rad/lit mygnr folk) I'm ordering a Switch this week! Cannot wait! PM me your friend codes if you wanna be friends, if not, fuck you! :lol:

i already knew you rules, oldest goat? but now iy's official! :lol:

if you wanna have a go with street fighter, i'm game! T hawk fighter here; you'll be buffalo toast in no time :P

and fuck you too! :lol::headbang:

disclaimer: if you think i'm drunk, it's probablu cos i am!

Edited by action

• 4 weeks later...

So one unexpected development I've had with my Switch is that it's become my definitive platform for indie games. Just feels so nice playing those types of games on the handheld Switch console. Stuff like Shovel Knight, Shantae, Sonic Mania (not an indie game but sort of in the same spirit as these other ones) are all great on it and I'm looking forward to getting Hollow Knight, Golf Story, and Stardew Valley on it.

I wonder if Nintendo will have another Nintendo Direct soon. We already know their lineup of games for the Switch through November (Pokken Tournament, Fire Emblem Warriors, Mario Odyssey, and Xenoblade Chronicles 2), but December and beyond is still a complete mystery in terms of release schedule. My guess is that December won't have any new games (it's typical for holiday releases to come out in November as December releases often miss Christmas shoppers), but if they do take December off then I'd have to imagine that January through March will at the very least have new releases on a once a month basis at least and as of now we have no release dates and it's not really that far away. That said, we do know of a lot of 2018 games (Kirby, Yoshi, Pokemon, Metroid, and Fire Emblem are all tentatively 2018 titles), but I'd have to imagine we get a Nintendo Direct with some actual concrete details relatively soon. Yoshi and Kirby both looked pretty far into development, so those will probably be early 2018 titles. I'm still thinking Nintendo pushes out a Smash 4 port for the Switch, probably for early 2018. Outside of that, I still think Animal Crossing should be a priority for Nintendo. It really is one of their best-selling franchises now and I feel like it would fit perfectly on the system.

On 10-9-2017 at 9:33 AM, Oldest Goat said:

(also posted this in the Rock in Rio stream thread)

Yo. Any mygnrforum folks interested in having a group Skype call the night of the Rock in Rio stream to bask in the hype together? Also, a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament before the show starts for those of us who have that game and Nintendo Switches.

Could be fun. Could be funny...Could be awkward. :lol:

@action @Rovim @LightningBolt @KeyserSoze @RussTCB @AxlRoseCDII No hard feelings if you guys feel shy or whatever about chatting on Skype but surely we can jam some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, hmm?

of course we can. i've got the tournament set up already. waiting for other players!

also, if we have enough participants to make it worthwile, i'm game to have a skype session.

On 9/10/2017 at 3:33 AM, Oldest Goat said:

Yo. Any mygnrforum folks interested in having a group Skype call the night of the Rock in Rio stream to bask in the hype together? Also, a Mario Kart 8 Deluxe tournament before the show starts for those of us who have that game and Nintendo Switches.

@action @Rovim @LightningBolt @KeyserSoze @RussTCB @AxlRoseCDII No hard feelings if you guys feel shy or whatever about chatting on Skype but surely we can jam some Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, hmm?

I still haven't even played Mario Kart even though I bought it months ago :/ in the event that I do, I'll add you on the Switch for sure :) 

On 9/10/2017 at 0:33 AM, Oldest Goat said:

I'd personally love to Skype with some of the forum members here, for both Mario Kart 8 and RIR.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

anyone getting the GOAT, super mario odyssey?

played small bits of it with my son, and it's a hell of a ride. the game even supports co-op, so my son controls "cappy" and me, mario. A great father - son experience.

regardless, this game is pure blissful randomness. my cheeks hurt from smiling playing this game. people who call this "kiddie" dont understand what nintendo is about. nintendo is about goofyness, feel-good experiences and colour. this game is awesome af.

Edited by action

On 10/27/2017 at 5:53 AM, action said:

anyone getting the GOAT, super mario odyssey?

played small bits of it with my son, and it's a hell of a ride. the game even supports co-op, so my son controls "cappy" and me, mario. A great father - son experience.

regardless, this game is pure blissful randomness. my cheeks hurt from smiling playing this game. people who call this "kiddie" dont understand what nintendo is about. nintendo is about goofyness, feel-good experiences and colour. this game is awesome af.

Love it- most hyped game for me since Pikmin 3. I’ve unsubscribed from any YouTube channels covering it in depth so I won’t be spoiled. Trying to binge beat it this weekend. Brilliant game and possibly the best in the series.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Warning: include(/mnt/den2-pri1-mnt/code/code/pb-htdocs/public/galleryd/desktop.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /code/pb-htdocs/public/galleryd/index.php on line 122

Warning: include(): Failed opening '/mnt/den2-pri1-mnt/code/code/pb-htdocs/public/galleryd/desktop.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:..:../..:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share/php/Smarty') in /code/pb-htdocs/public/galleryd/index.php on line 122

what the hell

well, that's too bad :(

but you can find the situation yoursel in the game. it's in seaside kingdom, the fork that's always shouting "potato" lmao. took a pic of that, while mario was doing a ":facepalm:" gesture. 

53 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Sooooooooooo, this will probably be an unpopular opinion but I thought the main story mode was FAR too short.

i agree.

but the meat and potatoes in this game, comes "after" you finish the story mode.

this game is endlessly playable. i've already collected some moons multiple times, just because it's so fun to do.

the story mode was unnecessary. mario games aren't story driven. even the delopers clearely were having a laugh by having mario save the princess for the millionth time.

but the gameplay.... unmatched. absolutely unmatched. it is worth so much more than a couple hours of story / movies.

also.... those ridiculously fun worlds and characters. little mexican fellas with their macarena's. goomba's with pirate hats or bride hats. snails hitting on female fish. the absurdity of having humans visiting luncheon kingdom, and enjoying the "stupendous stew".

I could go on, and on, and on... until the cows come home.

come to think of it I'm glad the main storyline didnt last longer. the game really opens up and shines after the main story mode, just like in the old days.

Looks great. Fuck I love the Switch. Can't believe it hasn't even been out for 1 year yet.

I bought a Switch back in April and made the mistake of letting my little sister have a go first. I finally got to play it for the 1st time a week ago and I've gotta say I'm really enjoying Breath of the Wild so far. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RussTCB said:

Sooooooooooo, this will probably be an unpopular opinion but I thought the main story mode was FAR too short.

It was on the shorter side, however I think the amount of moons and things you can do in the worlds makes up for this. Nintendo most likely recognized people weren’t going to critique Mario based on the story (no disrespect if you preferred it to be longer of course) and focused on filling the worlds with more to do. For me however it was just right, even the best games I prefer to be on the shorter side.

Anyone play Sonic Forces yet? Too bad that it seems to be another mediocre Sonic game.

13 minutes ago, Oldest Goat said:

Unfortunately Sonic Forces looks to be disappointing. With all the games I want to get it's definitely not a priority purchase for me.

I wanted that game to be good so bad...looks like just another crap sonic game to me unfortunately. Hurts even more knowing Mania came out a few months ago.

Unfortunately Sonic Forces looks to be disappointing. With all the games I want to get it's definitely not a priority purchase for me.

yeah there's just too much other great stuff coming. doom, skyrim, resident evil, gear club, aqua racing utopia (wave race spiritual successor) and that's just for the coming month.

might pick up forces down the road, used. it has some things going for it. it's a pick up and play game for short bursts (or if you will, toilet material). it's fast, colourful and reportedly it's fun. but it's a short game (30 levels of 2 minutes each) and maybe a tad too easy. for 10 dollars i might pick this up someday.