"Sometimes we get so tired of waiting for a way to spend our time"

Caught_in_a_Coma

I've always wondered about the lyrics. It's Axl in a Coma but then is he talking to himself in other parts. At first I thought he was trying to convince Slash to quit. Drugs not the band. 

Edited by wasted
Yer
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, wasted said:

I've always wondered about the lyrics. It's Axl in a Coma but then is he talking to himself in other parts. At first I thought he was trying to convince Slash to quit. Drugs not the band. 

I always thought the ending part was more Axl shouting at someone... Like you said, probably someone deep in the throes of a habit - Slash, Adler, Izzy?

9 hours ago, bikka said:

I always thought the ending part was more Axl shouting at someone... Like you said, probably someone deep in the throes of a habit - Slash, Adler, Izzy?

himself

the song is about a suicide attempt, so the first part him giving up and committing suicide

the middle part when the music cuts out is him just about to slip away, but something within keeps driving and brings him back 

the 3rd part is subconscious realizing how selfish he was being for trying to kill himself and yelling at him 

----

well thats my interpenetration of the song atleast....ive never been great at this kinda shit :lol: 

• Like 1