i love having the flu

action

the flu really sucks, they tell you. well yeah, that's true. older people in particular and children are infected pretty badly by it. not going to act funny on that in here.

but you know what? i love it to have it myself!

having the fly has a certain romantic feeling around it.

you're feeling tired, hazy, slow. almost like you're drunk. suddenly, your world is reduced to just sitting on your lazy ass in your favorite couch under  blanket, with the fireplace happily burning and cnispering fire sparks floating like fireworks.

when i have the flu, i don't need to go working. i get paid by social security, to sit on my big fat lazy ass.

but the best part, i've not even mentioned. my wife. you see, when i have the flu, my secret fantasy kicks into action. my wife caressing me and taking care of me. she brings me a warm cup of hot chocolate, asks if i need anything. i don't dare to ask her to put on some nurse clothes. that would be stretching things a bit too much. but i think you get my drift.

hey, what's that funny feeling i have? think i might be getting sick... awwww. no doing the dishes for me today ;)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, action said:

the flu really sucks, they tell you. well yeah, that's true. older people in particular and children are infected pretty badly by it. not going to act funny on that in here.

but you know what? i love it to have it myself!

having the fly has a certain romantic feeling around it.

you're feeling tired, hazy, slow. almost like you're drunk. suddenly, your world is reduced to just sitting on your lazy ass in your favorite couch under  blanket, with the fireplace happily burning and cnispering fire sparks floating like fireworks.

when i have the flu, i don't need to go working. i get paid by social security, to sit on my big fat lazy ass.

but the best part, i've not even mentioned. my wife. you see, when i have the flu, my secret fantasy kicks into action. my wife caressing me and taking care of me. she brings me a warm cup of hot chocolate, asks if i need anything. i don't dare to ask her to put on some nurse clothes. that would be stretching things a bit too much. but i think you get my drift.

hey, what's that funny feeling i have? think i might be getting sick... awwww. no doing the dishes for me today ;)

I completely agree. And because you spend a few days just resting, eating nourishing food and staying hydrated, when the flu goes you feel fucking fantastic.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Fuckin a, I must be doing it wrong. When I get the flu, I puke about 20 times until my ribs are sore, and I could shit through a screen door for about 4 days. 

Yeah. Real good times...

I don't think you guys are describing the flu at all.

funny you mention that. come to think of it, i'm not sure i had the flu at all :P

5 hours ago, wasted said:

By flu u mean opiates? I must have some form of KFC induced chicken flu because I just can't get out of bed without puking. Headaches, shivering, sweats. Can't drink water, eat food. I post this from the toilet bowl called committment. 

That is what happens when one listens to Chinese Democracy too much.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wasted said:

By flu u mean opiates? I must have some form of KFC induced chicken flu because I just can't get out of bed without puking. Headaches, shivering, sweats. Can't drink water, eat food. I post this from the toilet bowl called committment. 

Sounds like mild food poisoning or a virus.

I still feel like I'm being affected by a virus I caught nearly a month ago. If you want a total body cleanse then fetch yourself a virus!!;) It got me on track with eating better and cutting waaaayyy back on all the coffee and sodas I was drinking at the time.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Sounds like mild food poisoning or a virus.

I still feel like I'm being affected by a virus I caught nearly a month ago. If you want a total body cleanse then fetch yourself a virus!!;) It got me on track with eating better and cutting waaaayyy back on all the coffee and sodas I was drinking at the time.

I had a parasite a while back. But they got rid of it pretty quick. But I get bronchitis quite a bit from the pollution. I'm coming back right now. I feel normal today but for two weeks I've had a mild fever. I thought if I drank two bottles of wine it would sweat it out. All that happened is I couldn't sleep or if I did I would wake in a pool of sweat. I feel quite tired. 

• 2 weeks later...

Dude I hate being sick. Right now I have allergies that are making my head feel ten times the size.

I had the flu twice in my life and it sucks. Don't like being ill. Too much time wasted and I have things to do.

when I was a kid, my mom would take care of me and that was cool, but as an adult you got to take care of yourself and that sucks.

I never knew how bad allergies or a sinus infection could be until I moved to Texas. It's just terrible and no matter what season or month it is, it's always allergy season here.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Dude I hate being sick. Right now I have allergies that are making my head feel ten times the size.

I had the flu twice in my life and it sucks. Don't like being ill. Too much time wasted and I have things to do.

when I was a kid, my mom would take care of me and that was cool, but as an adult you got to take care of yourself and that sucks.

I never knew how bad allergies or a sinus infection could be until I moved to Texas. It's just terrible and no matter what season or month it is, it's always allergy season here.

i'm from Texas and the thing that got me was the cottonwood. my dad used to have me and my brother rake it off the patio until my mom noticed after i'd do it i had horribly itchy eyes, wheezing and could barely breathe. then i moved to Sacramento and it was 10 times worse! the trees lined the river and it was so thick it looked like it had snowed. now i live in Reno and there's not a lot of cottonwood but we have this lovely stuff called rabbit brush (a kind of sage brush ) and i am not kidding, it makes cottonwood feel like a walk in the park. i take medication that doesn't help and have rubbed my eyes so hard i thought i'd damaged them. also it clogs my nose and that affects my ears and i can't hear! allergies SUCK.

On 08/11/2016 at 9:51 PM, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

i'm from Texas and the thing that got me was the cottonwood. my dad used to have me and my brother rake it off the patio until my mom noticed after i'd do it i had horribly itchy eyes, wheezing and could barely breathe. then i moved to Sacramento and it was 10 times worse! the trees lined the river and it was so thick it looked like it had snowed. now i live in Reno and there's not a lot of cottonwood but we have this lovely stuff called rabbit brush (a kind of sage brush ) and i am not kidding, it makes cottonwood feel like a walk in the park. i take medication that doesn't help and have rubbed my eyes so hard i thought i'd damaged them. also it clogs my nose and that affects my ears and i can't hear! allergies SUCK.

Dont be silly, Texans dont have allergies, they eat concertina wire and piss napalm...and they can put a round to a fleas ass from 500 meters :lol:  (i love that line!)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dan H. said:

Got a sore throat yesterday, now today its a fever and drip/cough.

Luckily I have a great homeopathic remedy: gonna get trashed on hot toddy's and tussin until I can't feel anything anymore

Best of luck sir. I had a sore throat for almost 2 weeks. I went to the doc, got some antibiotics, took those for 10 days. Still have a cough that sounds like goddamn black lung disease. I'm gonna say fuck it on Saturday though. Been sober long enough. Gonna flush it out with beer & whiskey...

Some bad shit going around so far this year...

• Like 1