New GNR Airplane

• 2 months later...
28 minutes ago, Carburetta said:

Wait, the plane is different now?

Not surprising.  The planes are just chartered/leased.  Looks like the new one is a 767 and the old was a 757.  For the Asia/Australia tour, the 757 might not have the range to perform the flights.  Also, with longer flights, a bigger plane with more room is probably desirable.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 6:07 AM, Słash said:

Yeah its a Boeing 767 now, before it was the 757

Just curious, I saw that the plane changed when they left Thailand to Dubai. Does anyone know what flight they will use to head back to the U.S.? Also flight radar shows the plane heading to London. I'm kinda lost. I wanted to get pics of it landing back in Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, Ubukitty said:

Just curious, I saw that the plane changed when they left Thailand to Dubai. Does anyone know what flight they will use to head back to the U.S.? Also flight radar shows the plane heading to London. I'm kinda lost. I wanted to get pics of it landing back in Los Angeles.

Its going to London to record for AC/DC

12 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Well they are playing a show in Dubai tonight, so the plane cannot be heading to London.

They will take the same plane from Dubai to LA, but they might make a stopover somewhere in between for refueling. 

Usually the refueling is done in Greenland or Shannon cause of the lower landing fee. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Ubukitty said:

Just curious, I saw that the plane changed when they left Thailand to Dubai. 

They took the same plane which they have been using for the 2017 tour from Thailand to Dubai. This is at the Don Muang airport in Thailad

17103448_10212181247955085_3712856958858