Not in this life time, what was the initial concept?

To make the purpose of this thread clear I am not asking if the tour has met our expectations or knocking in anyway what has unfolded, as I have totally enjoyed the ride so far. What I am interested in is, how camp GnR initially envisaged what would happen when they set out on the reuniting path.

A couple of recent comments made me think that perhaps when the tour was first discussed a full reunion of sorts was on the cards, or at least an ensemble of several GnR members.

The recent piece by Art Tavana mentions that Matt Sorum was supposedly offered a place In the beginning, we have also been told Steven Adler was expected befor his back injury to be involved with at least  the Troubadour gig and he has made appearances since, I do not see either as full time drummers but in a participating role.

A poster on the site (apologies for not remembering the name, despite a couple of searches) who knows JT longoria mentioned that Izzy was trying to ring  Axl to get his interest in one of his song not so long ago, if his correct then both Axl and Izzy were/are on good terms.

Now I know these are all pure musings on my part, but I do feel the initial concept for a reunion/regrouping involved a lot more than what we have. It also feels that it went astray at the eleventh hour.

Axl/Slash/Duff are currently fronting the band but I think the others were suppose to have their roles as well. 

So I invite you all to speculate, would this have worked?

Edited by Archtop
Sp.

Axl said something about Slash & Duff making the reunion a few years before. That Izzy and Steven weren't that important too it. And he didn't want UYI guys. So he was saying it wasn't really a reunion anyway. Strangely this is what happened and Izzy/Steven flaked out in their own way as Axl might have predicted.