Best MTV unplugged performance?

PsychoKiss344

I agree with OP.... Everyone seems to overlook Pearl Jams performance. Nirvanas is extremely over rated as far as im concerned.

Pearl Jams just seems to flow so nicely. And Eddie loosing his shit during Porch really shows you how hungry the band was, even playing acoustic instruments. AIC and Nirvanas and even R.E.Ms at times seem extremely dismal to me, where as Pearl Jam seem to have fun and really enjoy the fuck out of it

• Like 1

This echoes my own feelings about the series,

Young agreed to release the second MTV show as an album in June of 1993. The cover featured Young trademarks - a fuzzy photo and scribbled title - but none of it could disarm the MTV logo on the back cover. Yecchhh. Back in 1988, Young had kicked MTV's ass all over the map with ''This Note's for You''; now he had conceded. ''I don't know how comfortable Neil seemed in that context'', said James Taylor. ''It was definitely an assault on who he is''. The album went gold that November, and Dylan soon followed Neil's lead, taping his own Unplugged and looking just as miserable.

- Shakey: Neil Young's Biography, Jimmy McDonough

• Like 1

Kurt nailed it. Kurt nailed it so much that that whole show is like the SCOM riff played in Guitar Center. Sick of it, but I think still timeless and very powerful. Even just for "Oh Me" performance.

It's a varied show that has everything, the covers are as interesting as the originals and the interpretations are packed with honesty. I liked the Clapton one. I thought that was good. What he did with Layla was brilliant and played great for the entire show.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Kurt nailed it. Kurt nailed it so much that that whole show is like the SCOM riff played in Guitar Center. Sick of it, but I think still timeless and very powerful. Even just for "Oh Me" performance.

It's a varied show that has everything, the covers are as interesting as the originals and the interpretations are packed with honesty. I liked the Clapton one. I thought that was good. What he did with Layla was brilliant and played great for the entire show.

Ever hear Meat Puppets II?

10 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ever hear Meat Puppets II?

Oh yeah. Love that album and The Meat Puppets in general. Great band. Actually when I was a kid that unplugged made me go buy their albums. Saved me some time as it would have taken a few more years for me to venture into that realm of whack.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

Oh yeah. Love that album and The Meat Puppets in general. Great band. Actually when I was a kid that unplugged made me go buy their albums. Saved me some time as it would have taken a few more years for me to venture into that realm of whack.

They're one of the most unique bands in the sense of bringing together certain disparate forms with a kind of a raw spirit to em.  There's been lots since but hearing them so early on it was like wow.  And they wrote amazing pop songs too.