Concert Promoter: They're Enjoying It So Much They Want To Extend The Tour

Awesome! Heartwarming to see them as surprised and excited as we are. Now the only thing that can make this tour better is if they Came. To fucking. Europe. (Preferably with Izzy & Steven but I'm more than willing to settle for 4tus and Frank). :P

• Like 1

13 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

They've clearly done is in baby steps, Axl's interview with the Chinese Exchange still had a large amount of uncertainty about the reunion, and Myles Kennedy started off with "well Slash will record the next album in the spring, and we'll be back after the GNR thing" but now Myles is like "It's great to see those guys back together, I hope they continue on for as long as possible" and Axl is over here extending dates into the spring, tweeting about the shows, and this thing has just steam rolled into a monster of a tour. 

I don't think they imagined it would take on this global level, but it's really awesome for the fans. It honestly feels like the first time these guys are back in SA since 93. Just pure excitement, I'm sure they are loving it, they are one of the few bands who could pick up right where they left off and play in front of 100,000. 

Agreed completely with this. We were supposed to get a new conspirators album by now. It tells me one of two things:

1- They're getting along better than they thought they would do everything else is on hold.

2 - Slash has been heavily influenced by Axl, so much so that he's been taken under AXLS wing in the whole "here's how to NOT release new music" part 

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Agreed completely with this. We were supposed to get a new conspirators album by now. It tells me one of two things:

1- They're getting along better than they thought they would do everything else is on hold.

2 - Slash has been heavily influenced by Axl, so much so that he's been taken under AXLS wing in the whole "here's how to NOT release new music" part 

Also I think a lot of it is Axl saying "hey this Slash guy is really cool"

and Slash saying "hey this Axl guy isn't so bad" 

in a way they are getting to know each other again. I think everything happened so fast for them in the 80's and 90's that they never got the chance to talk about their lives. It was all business. Now with 20 years of catching up things are good 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Also I think a lot of it is Axl saying "hey this Slash guy is really cool"

and Slash saying "hey this Axl guy isn't so bad" 

in a way they are getting to know each other again. I think everything happened so fast for them in the 80's and 90's that they never got the chance to talk about their lives. It was all business. Now with 20 years of catching up things are good 

Yeah absolutely. Axl had to deal with all of his abuse and repressions as a child ok top of being pushed by music reps and it didn't allow him to think straight. Significant drug and alcohol abuse kept slash from thinking straight. Now that they've both grown up and are thinking straight, they're realizing they need each other.

Sucks they didn't work things out a lot sooner but, better late than never 

26 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah absolutely. Axl had to deal with all of his abuse and repressions as a child ok top of being pushed by music reps and it didn't allow him to think straight. Significant drug and alcohol abuse kept slash from thinking straight. Now that they've both grown up and are thinking straight, they're realizing they need each other.

Sucks they didn't work things out a lot sooner but, better late than never 

Yea and idk if it's just bc I follow this band so close, but I have always got the feeling that Axl and Slash cared for each other versus any other frontman and guitarist in history that have had issues. It just always had a feeling of if they get back together that it's relationship first then we will get back on stage. 

It bothers me that they get labeled as egotistical or whatever, bc from what I can tell these two guys just seem very caring about others and in Axl's case he sometimes cares too much. 

But what I'm getting at is having followed this band so close Axl and Slash are the epitome of rock, but their personalities strike me as childish in a way and yet although there was all this "hatred" it just seemed like these two need to be friends to be on stage together versus others who can operate as a business, but again my perception may be flawed from following so close. 

I hear guys like Trunk who say "they are anything but friends" and they are one step away from killing each other. I guess I just see it differently. They care about each other IMO. There's a lot of trading off going on, Slash on CD, Axl on Coma. These things are done for each other. I know it's minor but I think the relationship is there and much more so than 25 years ago. 

2 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yea and idk if it's just bc I follow this band so close, but I have always got the feeling that Axl and Slash cared for each other versus any other frontman and guitarist in history that have had issues. It just always had a feeling of if they get back together that it's relationship first then we will get back on stage. 

It bothers me that they get labeled as egotistical or whatever, bc from what I can tell these two guys just seem very caring about others and in Axl's case he sometimes cares too much. 

But what I'm getting at is having followed this band so close Axl and Slash are the epitome of rock, but their personalities strike me as childish in a way and yet although there was all this "hatred" it just seemed like these two need to be friends to be on stage together versus others who can operate as a business, but again my perception may be flawed from following so close. 

I hear guys like Trunk who say "they are anything but friends" and they are one step away from killing each other. I guess I just see it differently. They care about each other IMO. There's a lot of trading off going on, Slash on CD, Axl on Coma. These things are done for each other. I know it's minor but I think the relationship is there and much more so than 25 years ago. 

Well I'm not going to disagree with what you said, except the alleged quote form trunk. He never said that. He also called the reunion first.