I hate vandals

PappyTron

You know, I hate vandals and wanton destruction. There is an historic mansion in a city called Catasauqua (which is in Pennsylvania), which was built in 1917 for almost $2 million, and would probably cost $20 million or more to build today. It's a beautiful old home that has seen better times and sat empty due to its original owner losing his fortune; he was known as The King Of Silk. However, it still had everything intact. That was until vandals came in and stripped all of the copper plumbing, the wiring, trashed the furnace, smashed in the antique fireplaces, swimming pool, and stair banisters, and ripped up the oak flooring and doors. The cost of replacing these things is immense and it was all done for "fun". For an example, each of those columns you can see on the left and right will cost well over $100,000 if they need replacing, and the heating bill for the house was over $30,000 a year back in the 70s! 100 year old silk wallpaper slashed or graffitied over, Tiffany skylights broken with pebbles, allowing rain water to pour in and rot everything. It really, really pisses me off, as the two things that I love are property and silver, so to see an amazing house just get trashed to the point of there being no financial point in fixing it, boils my piss. Here's the house, in its original glory:

image017.jpg

I mean, how could you throw a brick through this, for fun?:

DMRoom12windowdetaildogandhunter.JPG

I honestly hope that anyone and everyone who trashes things of beauty for fun get what is coming to them.

Edited by PappyTron
  • Like 1

I was living near a train station a few years back, and a couple of times I walked past and saw every bike in the bike rack with all the spokes/wheels kicked in :lol:

"What you doing today Bill?"

"Eh, might go down and kick all the bike's spokes in down at the station...not much else to do"

13 hours ago, DR DOOM said:

I was living near a train station a few years back, and a couple of times I walked past and saw every bike in the bike rack with all the spokes/wheels kicked in :lol:

"What you doing today Bill?"

"Eh, might go down and kick all the bike's spokes in down at the station...not much else to do"

My bike saddle and seatpost was nicked. The retail value is probably £5, but as someone who loves riding their bike, it's an absolute tragedy. I've replaced my saddle with a secondhand bright pink one off eBay, so nobody with two brain cells to rub together would be seen dead with it.

It's a shame but nothing new.  People have been vandalizing property for thousands of years....imagine how many more Egyptian or Roman artifacts/art/monuments/etc would be around if it wasn't for vandals/thieves.

Edited by Kasanova King