Facing the Facts

auad

Now that the frenzy surrounding this almost "reunion" became ... time to face the facts.

Really, be sincere to yourself  ... the sound of this band is good right? really?

In my opinion the answer is NO. GNR is sounding like a battery radio. Band sounding without passion, punch,  without truth.

The "old" songs sounding like a cover band ... any of the Chinese Democracy sounding ridiculous.

It is one thing to be a fan, another thing is to be a moron, and find that the GNR is offering is actually good ...

Forget airplanes ... members who even remotely should be in the band ...
Let's talk about SOUND!

Edited by auad
  • Like 1

Watching videos, I think they're sounding awesome. Next week I'll give you an opinion after watching them live. I don't believe it will be really different, though.

8 minutes ago, GNR-girl said:

:facepalm:

Djokovic rules!! :)

2 minutes ago, Original said:

Time for you to follow some other band I guess.....have fun!  Maybe try Nickelback.....

You're mean. I wouldn't tell that to my worst enemy :lol:

• Like 2

We obviously aren't watching the same band!  All three shows I attended (Vegas 1, Pittsburgh, and Arlington) were absolutely incredible and probably the best shows I have been to in my life.  In my opinion, Slash has never played better, the band sounds tight, and I love the way Axl sounds on this tour.  

Idk I think they've sounded great when I watch perescopes and YouTube videos, and the general consensus there has been that perescopes and YouTube doesn't do it justice. As in, they sound even better live! So with all due respect, I will disagree with the OP. I love he current lineup, I just wish Adler was there more and Izzy was involved. 

Was it better when Ashba was still in the band? they sound good to me. Axl, Slash, and Duff back together, let's talk about sound for a second. The 3 of them still create an unmistakable voice. The chemistry is still there and Fortus sounds good with Slash.

They're playing the chinese material with their own style, again... sounds fine to me. The classics are performed with "passion". Slash is playing his ass off like always and Axl mostly delivers. So what's the problem exactly? is it Frank and blue hair?

• Like 1

On 27.10.2016 at 10:33 PM, Slash787 said:

They sound amazing, like the GNR sound is back, this is what I wanted since the past so many years. 

Sorry, but it doesn't sound correct with Frank at drums. They talked with Matt and Steve and took Frank because he was cheaper....so lame...

19 hours ago, maxpax said:

Sorry, but it doesn't sound correct with Frank at drums. They talked with Matt and Steve and took Frank because he was cheaper....so lame...

Exactly...GNR should learn with The Cult...always excelent drummers

On 11/6/2016 at 1:39 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

What they're bringing to the stage is amazing right now. Their shows don't cater to any of us fans who sit on our couches and watch on Periscope. Would you prefer that we go back to the NuGNR era with DJ Ashba and Pittman?

*shudders at that thought*

• Like 1

I saw them at both vegas shows and in Seattle. Vegas was a bit messy but by the time they hit Seattle they sounded amazing. Not sure which band you've been watching but probably best to find a new band to follow if that is how you feel.

I will admit that the performances of TWAT sounded like a mess... but that's all I'm giving you.