Adler Playing YCBM

36 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Seriously he should be there full time

But not realistic cause they don't really need a drummer. Even if they did, I don't think Axl would have hired Steven full time. It's not even about Frank, you just don't do that with any band member, drummer or not. You can't get rid of them if they're doing their job and been doing it for 10 years.

I think Steven deserves to drum more in Guns. Eventually, 4 or 5 songs like Izzy live is the best I can hope for.

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Nightrain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

The rest is Frank, and they can alternate Steven songs from show to show when he's guesting. But I don't believe Axl will let Steven play YCBM. Maybe Nightrain.

Edited by Rovim

23 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Steven should play all the AFD songs and some UYI songs. 

Its like they calling Ashba to play Sweet Child and PC in front of Slash. 

After all these years, Steven should be up there, we can clearly see that Steven can still rock out, I really don't get what more proof do we need. 

Cause it's not just about what Steven can offer. It's what Axl wants and what position in the band he has to offer. That's a factor you can't ignore.

Axl is satisfied with Frank as the drummer for Guns. Steven comes with risk, and Axl could have given him 5 or 12 songs to play. He calls the shots. So why didn't he do it?

I think Frank is here to stay and that's something you can't really dispute as of now at least. I hope Steven gets to play as many tunes as possible, but all of Appetite is a stretch. Like maybe for one show I can see that, for a very special occasion, but even if that happens, it's not something I think Axl is interested in - Steven full time playing the AFD material is currently highly unlikely. He is to Guns what Izzy was to New Guns. (to a lesser extent) He took his spot as the guest classic member. Axl can show off with Adler when he's in a good mood and get a good reaction from the crowd. We're in almost charity domain. Axl is throwing a bone to Steven and the fans. My guess is it won't develop into something way more substantial than that.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

My semi realistic dream scenario set list with Adler on drums:

Illusions: Don't Cry, YCBM, Civil War, Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Appetite: Nightrain, Out Ta Get Me, Brownstone, Rocket Queen, My Michelle, Paradise City

That's 10 songs, but still highly unlikely.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I always laughed over the years when some people would try to argue about what a technical drum genius Matt Sorum was and Steven would be incapable of playing the Illusions material. It's not Dream Theater! Steven, as this video proves, is more than capable. Sounds great!

he does! :headbang:

We can all agree that Steven is the only drummer with the true spirit of belonging in GnR! This video proves that he could have recorded UYI volumes as good if not better than Matt...

As for reunion case, after a few legs of playing few songs, Steven would have no problem joining it full time... However if nothing of that happens I would be more than happy to see him play AFD songs... Moreover I would gladly trade one of the AFD songs just to hear this iconic and unique 'not in this lifetime' experience of seeing Adler play You Could Be Mine..

Anyways... good for you Steven! Hoping to see more of you on that stage!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rovim said:

But not realistic cause they don't really need a drummer. Even if they did, I don't think Axl would have hired Steven full time. It's not even about Frank, you just don't do that with any band member, drummer or not. You can't get rid of them if they're doing their job and been doing it for 10 years.

I think Steven deserves to drum more in Guns. Eventually, 4 or 5 songs like Izzy live is the best I can hope for.

Out Ta Get Me

My Michelle

Nightrain

You Could Be Mine

Don't Cry

The rest is Frank, and they can alternate Steven songs from show to show when he's guesting. But I don't believe Axl will let Steven play YCBM. Maybe Nightrain.

I agree, you don't kick a band member out if he has been doing the job for a long time and the leader is happy. As a fan I want to see Steven playing it all and it can only happen if Frank resigns. I can see why Axl wouldn't want to go there. Can Steven even play for 2 plus hours?