Adler Playing YCBM

i wanna know the reason why he's still out. He's not into drugs or alchol anymore, he looks better than ever, he can play the UYI songs besides the Appetite ones...he's not asking too much money so why?? Is Frank a better drummer than Adler? I don't think so.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, starlight said:

i wanna know the reason why he's still out. He's not into drugs or alchol anymore, he looks better than ever, he can play the UYI songs besides the Appetite ones...he's not asking too much money so why?? Is Frank a better drummer than Adler? I don't think so.

Well they just can't throw away Frank. He's been in the band for like a decade, Steve hasn't been in the band for 25 years!! (Hell fucking longer than my life).

The best scenario that we could only hope right now if someday Frank just left. I almost sure if that happen, Steve will automatically replace him.

31 minutes ago, starlight said:

Well I don't think Axl wants to ditch Frank. However it seems like they've told Adler to practice songs and stay clean and if he does then he will probably be on for the next year when Appetite anniversary happens. Then as the time goes Frank himself might step down if Adler shows to be reliable. 

That's my take on it.

5 hours ago, scooby845 said:

I don't know where you found that info, but from what I've heard on YouTube, there's a video with Steven playing Locomotive and Don't Damn Me and Pretty Tied Up it sounds nothing like what it sounded with Matt... I never found an interview where that was even said.... 

Where did I get the info? From personal experience and from what members from the band have said on interviews. 
As a musician that has recorded, I can say for sure that Matt has created nothing more than arrangements for those songs, he didnt have the time to do more. Steven even started to record Illusions, you really think the guy would go over there and start writting drumlines from sketch in the studio? Man... Usually drum N' Bass are the first tracks to get recorded in a studio process, they were probably tight and ready to go with the material, otherwise they wouldnt be recording the album. 

Not saying Matt cant do it, but in this scenerio, he just didnt have the time. You just dont create 30 songs, even if you're a master in the subject, in a month. 

Edited by default_
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I respect the effort, but this is highly vague and inconclusive... I cannot take it for granted... Not writing songs does not mean not writing drum fills and patterns...

Yeah it does.  He was asked if Sorum wrote with them and he said no, he's too busy LEARNING the songs and the band.  If he was doing his own fills and drum tracks Izzy would have said something along the lines that he's working on some of the drum fills and tracks on the album.  Instead he flat out said that Sorum hasn't written anything with them because he was basically too busy learning the songs.

Doesn't get any clearer than that. Lol.

Edited by Kasanova King

6 minutes ago, default_ said:

Where did I get the info? From personal experience and from what members from the band have said on interviews. 
As a musician that has recorded, I can say for sure that Matt has created nothing more than arrangements for those songs, he didnt have the time to do more. Steven even started to record Illusions, you really think the guy would go over there and start writting drumlines from sketch in the studio? Man... Usually drum N' Bass are the first tracks to get recorded in a studio process, they were probably tight and ready to go with the material, otherwise they wouldnt be recording the album. 

Not saying Matt cant do it, but in this scenerio, he just didnt have the time. You just dont create 30 songs, even if you're a master in the subject, in a month. 

Not to mention that a lot of songs were played way before Illusions. From what I remember: You could be mine, Back off Bitch, KOHD, Don't Cry, Garden of Eden (Demo), Locomotive (Demo), Bad obsession, Don't Damn Me(Demo) etc... 

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Yeah it does.  He was asked if Sorum wrote with them and he said no, he's too busy LEARNING the songs and the band.  If he was doing his own fills and drum tracks Izzy would have said something along the lines that he's working on some of the drum fills and tracks on the album.  Instead he flat out said that Sorum hasn't written anything with them because he was basically too busy learning the songs.

Doesn't get any clearer than that. Lol.

If you listen to this you'll hear Steven is more cymbals oriented while Matt is more snare based.. Anyway yeah there's something to it...

Btw..you were right..the stage is really UYI size...the Lima one...

7 hours ago, Rovim said:

I doubt that. Sorum talked shit about Axl and said that it may have damaged his chances of playing again with Guns. I think it's more a case of Axl is not a fan of his style anymore? perhaps a little of both.

I really like what Matt did for F.P. Money. Matt's a good drummer. He does have his own feel, but Axl seems excited about Frank and how Duff and Slash worked with Frank before the tour. I think he's happy with Frank in Guns.

My first choice is Steven, and I'm not really a Frank fan, but I think his style is kinda a hybrid of Sorum's powerful drumming and Steven's groove. Not nearly as groovy as Steven and with his copious amount of feel, but he is more technical than him.

Frank talked about Steven and how he is a big fan of his style.

Yeah but slash talked shit about Axl, it was waaaaaay worse. And guess what? If they can work that out then anything can be worked out. 

There is zero chance that with the risk this band already had going into this tour and the money on the line, that they'd go solely with Adler. If Frank wanted out they would have called Matt 

20 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

If you listen to this you'll hear Steven is more cymbals oriented while Matt is more snare based.. Anyway yeah there's something to it...

Btw..you were right..the stage is really UYI size...the Lima one...

Sure, they have their own styles and they are different....no one is debating that.  So yeah, over the course of 30+ songs you're going to hear slight variations mainly because of style but the basic drum tracks and fills are the same. 

What was cool about the session in the video is that you hear Adler's "heavier style" drumming during Locomotive ...which leaves me little doubt that he would have sounded fantastic on the other deep cuts/heavier songs from Illusions....which is the one thing people always question when talking about Adler.  They know he sounds great on the classic GN'R rock tracks but what would of he of sounded like on the deep cuts?  That demo puts that question to bed.

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tifalucis said:

Well they just can't throw away Frank. He's been in the band for like a decade, Steve hasn't been in the band for 25 years!! (Hell fucking longer than my life).

The best scenario that we could only hope right now if someday Frank just left. I almost sure if that happen, Steve will automatically replace him.

The fact that he has been in the band for 10 years doesn't mean he has to stay any longer. However Steven's proved he can handle the show very well plus even Slash and Duff have been out of GNR for such a long time but now it's all good, the same should be for Steven and Izzy.

• Like 2

It doesn't matters if Frank is Axl's hired hand for 10 or 20 years, the main thing matters how good the person plays and the things he did which made him special. 

There is nothing special about Frank, he is just like any other drummer, there are many better drummers on youtube. 

the real GN'R, each 5 of them had something special about them which made them different. 

• Like 3

Yeah, but this ain't a garage band anymore, which you can replace a member till your heart content.

This is more like business enterprise/company which every move must be calculated because there's certain risk on it, also replacing someone who performs and stable with someone who performs better but more unrelieable is pretty stupid on any business point of view.

1 hour ago, starlight said:

The fact that he has been in the band for 10 years doesn't mean he has to stay any longer. However Steven's proved he can handle the show very well plus even Slash and Duff have been out of GNR for such a long time but now it's all good, the same should be for Steven and Izzy.

Showing up to 3 shows to guest on 2 or 3 songs isn't the same thing as touring the world for a year or more as a member of the band. 

Money, egotism, selfishness. This is why I have zero respect for a band who once stood for   things that are in an entirely different category than those things. My soul is way more rock and roll than Axl or the rest of the castaways on How Much Fucking Money Do You Need Island at this point in time. Sad and surprising.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Showing up to 3 shows to guest on 2 or 3 songs isn't the same thing as touring the world for a year or more as a member of the band. 

He has toured with Guns from '85 to '88 and what makes you think he wouldn't be able to go on a world tour? Your assumption is based on nothing.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, starlight said:

Probably a lot of reasons, like the fact that Frank's been in the band for a decade and plays on some of CD, technically the most recent GNR album. Plus the fact that in the last few years, Slash and Duff have both been burned by Steven and it's understandable that with a tour of this magnitude, knowing they have a drummer already, the most they'd want is to do 'baby steps' and bring him out a few times, like they did this summer. And there's a quote from Axl from 2011(?) where he basically says if they ever reunite, it'd just be himself, Slash and Duff because he 'knows the difficulties' of working with the other guys. And we have no idea how much money Steven's asking for or what he'd get paid for a whole show or tour or anything, so there's no point in commenting on that...