Adler Playing YCBM

51 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

And there's a quote from Axl from 2011(?) where he basically says if they ever reunite, it'd just be himself, Slash and Duff because he 'knows the difficulties' of working with the other guys. And we have no idea how much money Steven's asking for or what he'd get paid for a whole show or tour or anything, so there's no point in commenting on that...

Yeah, Axl knows the difficulties of working with the other guys cause he is, clearly, the easiest guy around to work with :P He is just too used to being surrounded by "yes" people.

On 10/28/2016 at 10:00 AM, James Bond said:

I always laughed over the years when some people would try to argue about what a technical drum genius Matt Sorum was and Steven would be incapable of playing the Illusions material. It's not Dream Theater! Steven, as this video proves, is more than capable. Sounds great!

While the fans haven't seen it, I'm sure Steve has played YCBM many times before -- specifically back in the 80's. Just because he isn't on the finished record, doesn't mean he doesn't know the song and/or can't play it.

Remember, YCBM was considered for AFD. It didn't make it on the album, but it was something the band had been working on. There were lots of UYI songs that were around when Steven was still in the band. There's early recordings of Steven rehearsing some of these songs, such as Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples, and Perfect Crime. Popcorn is very familiar with YCBM and other UYI tracks. More than some fans seem to realize.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, thunderram said:

While the fans haven't seen it, I'm sure Steve has played YCBM many times before -- specifically back in the 80's. Just because he isn't on the finished record, doesn't mean he doesn't know the song and/or can't play it.

Remember, YCBM was considered for AFD. It didn't make it on the album, but it was something the band had been working on. There were lots of UYI songs that were around when Steven was still in the band. There's early recordings of Steven rehearsing some of these songs, such as Don't Damn Me, Bad Apples, and Perfect Crime. Popcorn is very familiar with YCBM and other UYI tracks. More than some fans seem to realize.

OMG thank you so much for this post! I didnt know there was an Adler mix of Bad Apples around, I looked it up and downloaded it. One of my favourite Guns songs. It grooves even more and I can tell Matt took drum parts from the demo to the final version. I like Axls vocals even more too. I guess Slash was right when he said the rough mixes were better before all the production.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

OMG thank you so much for this post! I didnt know there was an Adler mix of Bad Apples around, I looked it up and downloaded it. One of my favourite Guns songs. It grooves even more and I can tell Matt took drum parts from the demo to the final version. I like Axls vocals even more too. I guess Slash was right when he said the rough mixes were better before all the production.

Here's rehearsal recordings of Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Locomotive and Dust N' Bones. No vocals.

• Like 1

On ‎29‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 0:42 AM, Modano09 said:

Well he couldn't handle a tour with Loaded in 2013, so there's that. 

You said it: In 2013. Now we are in 2016, almost 2017. Back then Adler still had an addiction problem.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, starlight said:

You said it: In 2013. Now we are in 2016, almost 2017. Back then Adler still had an addiction problem.

I don't even know what to say about some people, they will just hate Adler and Izzy. 

Both of them don't need to prove themselves anymore, they played and they nailed it. 

But you know how some people are, if someone is not in the good books of Axl, then that person automatically becomes bad/unreliable/cant even play.

Steven and Izzy are talented, just cause they haven't played a specific song it doesn't means they can't play it.

Like that I guess Slash never played Smoke on the water, can he even play that? will Slash be able to play Smoke on the water? is he reliable? LOL

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

Steven is recently on record as saying he wouldn't want to play any UYI tracks on a reunion tour other than Civil War.

And Axl said that he wouldn't share the stage with Slash until someone died...The Not in this lifetime Tour is about doing things that you said you wouldn't do, after all.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, starlight said:

He was an addict for 30 years that just doesn't get fixed because he has 3 years of sobriety. Regardless, the guy is a risk, and anyone who's career and money is actually on the line here has every right to take that into consideration.  

2 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I don't even know what to say about some people, they will just hate Adler and Izzy. 

Both of them don't need to prove themselves anymore, they played and they nailed it. 

But you know how some people are, if someone is not in the good books of Axl, then that person automatically becomes bad/unreliable/cant even play.

Steven and Izzy are talented, just cause they haven't played a specific song it doesn't means they can't play it.

Like that I guess Slash never played Smoke on the water, can he even play that? will Slash be able to play Smoke on the water? is he reliable? LOL

I don't hate Izzy. But I don't think he deserves equal money to Axl/Slash/Duff.

I don't care for Adler but his guest appearances don't bother me at all. It seems like a fair compromise. But the guy is a risk, whether anyone wants to admit it or not and it's unfair to keep ragging on Frank because he doesn't play AFD songs as well as Alder. He doesn't shoot up heroin and fall face first into his drum kit either, so you have to take the good with the bad. 

28 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Well lets do one thing man, lets replace everybody. 

Axl is pretty unreliable, delays albums, delayed so many shows, caused riots, lets replace him. Hire Myles, at least he doesn't do those things. 

Slash died for a few minutes, did so much drugs, got a pacemaker too, lets replace him. Hire Agnus Young, he is a an amazing guitarist too.

Duff's pancreas exploded, drank so much, always high on stage, so what if he quit those things 20 years ago? he can start doing tomorrow, lets replace him too. Hire Flea, he is a phenomenal bass player, you can't doubt that. 

Izzy Stradlin, man I don't even know what to say about this guy, he can't even make one proper tweet, he is so unreliable, even a kid can use twitter, so what he wrote those amazing songs? it doesn't matters, the dude doesn't even knows how to use twitter. Lets hire Ashba, all he has to do is cover parts of Izzy and he is good on social media too.

Steven Adler shoots up heroin 24/7, he can't even play, at every show he falls on his face, the dude is so lazy that he hasn't gotten a haircut since 1974, can you imagine the amount of shampoo gets wasted on his hair? Lets hire Dave Grohl, at least he will be able to play Mr. Brownstone and Rocket Queen properly.

HERE PEOPLE WE HAVE THE NEW PHENOMENAL LINE UP OF GUNS N' ROSES

Lead Vocals - Myles Kennedy

Lead Guitar - Angus Young

Bass - Flea 

Rhythm Guitar - DJ Ashba

Drums - Dave Grohl

Okay we'll just simplify it then. Axl, Slash and Duff own GNR, Izzy and Steven do not. One of the perks of owning something is you get to profit from it more than someone who doesn't own it. But I assume you think Izzy should be able to profiting from selling something and profit from owning it at the same time, right? And Adler's only been an erratic drug addict for 30 years, if he says he's been sober the last 3, problem solved. Addicts certainly don't relapse, or, lie, ever, right? 

8 hours ago, thunderram said:

Here's rehearsal recordings of Don't Damn Me, Garden of Eden, Locomotive and Dust N' Bones. No vocals.

I like Izzy's rhythm on Locomotive right before the chorus (the "affection is a blessing, can you find it in your sordid heart" part), shame that they decided it wasn't good enough and recorded over it.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Okay we'll just simplify it then. Axl, Slash and Duff own GNR, Izzy and Steven do not. One of the perks of owning something is you get to profit from it more than someone who doesn't own it. But I assume you think Izzy should be able to profiting from selling something and profit from owning it at the same time, right? And Adler's only been an erratic drug addict for 30 years, if he says he's been sober the last 3, problem solved. Addicts certainly don't relapse, or, lie, ever, right? 

Slash and Duff do not own Guns - not since they signed it over to Axl.

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Slash and Duff do not own Guns - not since they signed it over to Axl.

The agreement was Axl could control the name and continue on as Guns N'Roses, they didn't give up their percentage of ownership of the name like Adler and Izzy did.

Just now, Modano09 said:

The agreement was Axl could control the name and continue on as Guns N'Roses, they didn't give up their percentage of ownership of the name like Adler and Izzy did.

You said it. In other words, Slash and Duff have absolutely no power over the GN'R name and how that name is used.

A funny form of ownership?

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You said it. In other words, Slash and Duff have absolutely no power over the GN'R name and how that name is used.

A funny form of ownership?

They had a say in how material that they wrote/played on or logos they created were used, yes. But Axl could continue on and call anything he did after they left Guns N'Roses.