Adler Playing YCBM

2 minutes ago, action said:

ashba, call him what you want, at least had the decency to step down.

it's the most rock n roll thing he ever did

frank, not so much

richard? not so much either

Do you think Axl would have hired Steven full time if Frank stepped down?

Richard has been in the band for 50 years. He earned his place in Guns. Frank 10 years, same thing. The only available positions were for lead guitar player and bass. It's not their fault they're doing a good job and want to keep that job. Doesn't mean they don't have integrity and sportsmanship.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Richard has been in the band for 50 years. He earned his place in Guns. Frank 10 years, same thing. The only available positions were for lead guitar player and bass. It's not their fault they're doing a good job and want to keep that job. Doesn't mean they don't have integrity and sportsmanship.

lots of musicians would do a good job.

doesn't give them the right to take the place of steven

steven deserves to be there

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, action said:

They didn't take Steven's place though. Steven was out of the picture full time long before Frank came along. It's possible that a deal with Izzy failed cause he wanted to be a partner or get partner money, we don't know.

Tommy didn't want to be there anymore. Ashba... even if he did, I don't know if he could be in a band with Slash, would have been hated among Gn'R fans is my guess.

Being in a band is also a job, but what about all the time and hard work they've put into it? it's hard or more accurately near impossible to land a gig like this. You're expecting Frank and Fortus to quit when their boss is happy with their work and they have a chance to fuckin' play with Slash and Duff and get paid to do it. They were also a part of Chinese and Axl is saying Slash can be a part of his Guns album if he's interested which means the vault material will still play a major role. (at least very likely to)

So Fortus and Frank will be a part of the next Guns album if one should ever be released. Why would Axl get rid of band members when they proved to be the right choice and he likes their style of playing and knows they can endure the tours, drama, and always deliver? doesn't make any sense.

I think as Axl sees it, this is still new Guns. Still his band. He has Slash and Duff as partners now, they're making money from touring the world and it's all good, but when it comes to the vision of the studio albums and who's in the line up to make it happen, everything stays the same and in Axl's control. That's why we have Mellisa as well.

Edited by Rovim

31 minutes ago, Rovim said:

They didn't take Steven's place though. Steven was out of the picture full time long before Frank came along. It's possible that a deal with Izzy failed cause he wanted to be a partner or get partner money, we don't know.

Tommy didn't want to be there anymore. Ashba... even if he did, I don't know if he could be in a band with Slash, would have been hated among Gn'R fans is my guess.

Being in a band is also a job, but what about all the time and hard work they've put into it? it's hard or more accurately near impossible to land a gig like this. You're expecting Frank and Fortus to quit when their boss is happy with their work and they have a chance to fuckin' play with Slash and Duff and get paid to do it. They were also a part of Chinese and Axl is saying Slash can be a part of his Guns album if he's interested which means the vault material will still play a major role. (at least very likely to)

So Fortus and Frank will be a part of the next Guns album if one should ever be released. Why would Axl get rid of band members when they proved to be the right choice and he likes their style of playing and knows they can endure the tours, drama, and always deliver? doesn't make any sense.

I think as Axl sees it, this is still new Guns. Still his band. He has Slash and Duff as partners now, they're making money from touring the world and it's all good, but when it comes to the vision of the studio albums and who's in the line up to make it happen, everything stays the same and in Axl's control. That's why we have Mellisa as well.

the main problem would be how unbelievable amazing the band would sound and look as the originals that provided strong willed personalities such as izzy or steven would inflict a sense of insecurity on axl and it would most likely implode 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, action said:

He was thrown out 26 years ago! It's not like he was in the band up until last year and was booted for a cheaper drummer. 

If Frank quit tomorrow Adler still wouldn't be next in line because he's too much of a risk and that's nobody's fault but Adler's.  

20 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

He was thrown out 26 years ago! It's not like he was in the band up until last year and was booted for a cheaper drummer. 

If Frank quit tomorrow Adler still wouldn't be next in line because he's too much of a risk and that's nobody's fault but Adler's.  

so far my friend as we can tell...

adler has not relapsed 

this has provided him points per say

If Frank quit, the next in line would be Brain (Axl pick, the dude also still lingering around on GNR circle) or Matt (Slash pick, he actually want him for the reunion right?).

It's actually sad situation for Steven tho, i hope he keep uploading vids covering tunes from UYI or even CD's tho. It will be awesome, like an alternate reality.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rovim said:

Off the record it would have been sorum 

2 hours ago, Billsfan said:

Off the record it would have been sorum 

I doubt that. Sorum talked shit about Axl and said that it may have damaged his chances of playing again with Guns. I think it's more a case of Axl is not a fan of his style anymore? perhaps a little of both.

I really like what Matt did for F.P. Money. Matt's a good drummer. He does have his own feel, but Axl seems excited about Frank and how Duff and Slash worked with Frank before the tour. I think he's happy with Frank in Guns.

My first choice is Steven, and I'm not really a Frank fan, but I think his style is kinda a hybrid of Sorum's powerful drumming and Steven's groove. Not nearly as groovy as Steven and with his copious amount of feel, but he is more technical than him.

Frank talked about Steven and how he is a big fan of his style.

They should doing a secret gig for the 30 anniversary of AfD with a full reunion line up. Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin. In Troubador or somethin

AfD Songs. Don't Cry & Knockin On Heavens Door, maybe Civil War and You Could Be Mine and no Chinese Democracy songs.

come on it's realistic

make a Blu Ray and DVD, 90min is okay with Adler, even 60min is okay.  all fans are happy.. and we have a fuckin FULL reunion on fuckin Blu Ray \m/ Make it happend!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, t-p-d-a said:

They should doing a secret gig for the 30 anniversary of AfD with a full reunion line up. Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin. In Troubador or somethin

AfD Songs. Don't Cry & Knockin On Heavens Door, maybe Civil War and You Could Be Mine and no Chinese Democracy songs.

come on it's realistic

make a Blu Ray and DVD, 90min is okay with Adler, even 60min is okay.  all fans are happy.. and we have a fuckin FULL reunion on fuckin Blu Ray \m/ Make it happend!

Yeah, I'd say that the 30 years anniversary of Appetite should have Steven playing all of Appetite. Could be cool and very fitting of course.

I guess it's possible that Axl will want Frank to handle the rest of the show just to make it clear he is still the drummer?

Would be great if it happened. I don't know about a blu ray though. Could hurt Axl's interests. And why a secret gig? I don't like that.

Edited by Rovim

4 hours ago, default_ said:

I've said this a couple of times: 

You people know all those songs on Illusions? You know those 30 songs, right? Even if you're the best composer in the fuckin world, you cant create 30 songs in a month, those songs existed and were recorded in demos waaaay before Matt joined the band. Steven created every drum line you listen on those albums, Matt has probably just added a few arrangements. But the core? Its all Steven. No question on this. 

I don't know where you found that info, but from what I've heard on YouTube, there's a video with Steven playing Locomotive and Don't Damn Me and Pretty Tied Up it sounds nothing like what it sounded with Matt... I never found an interview where that was even said.... 

5 hours ago, default_ said:

I've said this a couple of times: 

You people know all those songs on Illusions? You know those 30 songs, right? Even if you're the best composer in the fuckin world, you cant create 30 songs in a month, those songs existed and were recorded in demos waaaay before Matt joined the band. Steven created every drum line you listen on those albums, Matt has probably just added a few arrangements. But the core? Its all Steven. No question on this. 

Pretty sure Izzy confirmed Matt didn't write any of the material from Illusions....he had to learn it all within a month or so....and he recorded it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

I don't know where you found that info, but from what I've heard on YouTube, there's a video with Steven playing Locomotive and Don't Damn Me and Pretty Tied Up it sounds nothing like what it sounded with Matt... I never found an interview where that was even said.... 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Modano09 said:

Addicts don't get everything they lost back when they string together some sobriety. 

They often recreate amazing lives if  they can stay sober. I have seen it many times in the 9 years I have been sober. Start throwing some positive vibes out into the world instead of negative & the universe has a habit of throwing some good shit back your way.

You sound like a total arsehole dude. 

• Like 1