11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

Just now, Russel Nash said:

i have the same feeling. Rocked on Lisbon, sucked on Las Vegas. But every one who went they where blown away. I remain with this thought till yesterday. He sounded superb, sounded best here than 2010 in Velez. More controlled.

I do think he's better and more in to it in ACDC, hoping they come down here for a tour and hear it from myself. But i am 100% sure that youtube vids of GNR don't make justice to what it is live. Could be a sound set up.

Obviously a clip cannot thoroughly capture the excitement and experience, but it is accurately recording what has been placed in front of it. If Axl sings like Mickey, that vocal will descend down its miniature microphone and be rendered so. The reverse is true, if Axl sounds terrific. Besides, the technology renders rather good boots in my opinion, speaking from the experience of somebody who listens to many pre-mobile bootlegs.

10 minutes ago, Russel Nash said:

i have the same feeling. Rocked on Lisbon, sucked on Las Vegas. But every one who went they where blown away. I remain with this thought till yesterday. He sounded superb, sounded best here than 2010 in Velez. More controlled.

I do think he's better and more in to it in ACDC, hoping they come down here for a tour and hear it from myself. But i am 100% sure that youtube vids of GNR don't make justice to what it is live. Could be a sound set up.

There is this really close to mickey range at sounds terrible at youtube, but sounds awesome live. Dirty deeds from the first leg is the close we have to compare, since there's a lot of songs that rasp is an obligation.

Agree it's amazing when you are there, no doubts about it. 

The thing that gets me about ACDC and Axl is songs that started off iffy like Dirty Deeds in Lisbon and some of the other Bon material Axl didn't sound as powerful on ended up getting fixed. Go watch a more recent performance of Dirty Deeds, it's full rasp, second attempt at Touch Too Much = rasp, Rock and Roll Damnation=rasp, he knew those songs sounded weak and he fixed them. But with GNR he doesn't care that Sweet Child sounds like sh*t or November Rain, or YCBM, or Paradise City. He just goes through the motions of those songs. 

His ability to fix a song on tour with ACDC surprised me. 

37 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I agree. Axl even went on record as saying an AC/DC song is the hardest song he has ever song (I think it was Hell's Bell) but this was dismissed by the axlites as it did not fit their point of view.

Lol, at the word axlite. The whole AC/DC/GNR argmunent has zero to do with defending Axl and everything to do with logic. There's just NO logical explanation to why Axl would sing AC/DC songs with rasp and GNR not, except the fact that AC/DC songs fit his voice way better. That's the ONLY logical explanation. So this has nothing to do with defending Axl. It's all about logic.

Yes, Axl said Hell's Bell's is probably the hardest song he's ever had to sing and I don't think he's lying. But when Axl said that, he was most likely talking about tone/pitch only. It's a very hard song to sing in tone, probably harder than any GNR song. But singing it with rasp is not hard for him, cause it's a song where you get to scream. Axl's always raspy when he screams, so it's easy for him to sing with rasp, but hard to sing in the right pitch. And Axl sings every GNR song in tone with the right pitch. So in that sense GNR songs are not hard songs for him to sing. He sings them right (tone-wise) pretty much at every gig. In that sense they're easier than Hell's Bell's.

But if we're talking about rasp, and obviously Axl was not talking about rasp in the interview, GNR songs are much harder songs for him to sing with rasp currently. It's just so obvious and clear as day to anyone who's seen him sing lately.

The whole "it sounds different on a cellphone recording"-argument is silly. But saying that AC/DC songs suit Axl's current voice better than GNR songs is pretty obvious. You don't have to be a so called "axlite" to see that.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

When people say "he's 54 this is the best he's going to be, I'd like to see you try" I think that's missing the point that in August he sounded like this 

now if someone criticized him here and someone else said "cmon this is the best you can expect from Axl at this point" id completely agree! Houston was the best of 2016 GNR Axl. 

But hopefully nobody thinks what Axl has done on this leg is the best he has. His voice doesn't sound as seem less as it was on the NA tour, even songs like Nightrain sound forced now, I'm not going to comment on Jungle last night bc it is what it is. Best hope is he's just not feeling well and will bounce back soon. With the number of shows he's done this year the biggest worry is vocal damage or fatigue. Hopefully neither. 

That video was GREAT!! :headbang:

It's an endless debate .  You can tell by cell phone videos because you can hear when he sounds good vs when he doesn't .  

Also , of course it's different when you're there in person because you feel the drums in your chest , you hear the power of the bass , and you can actually see it with your eyes .  Seeing it in person almost hides axls weak points honestly & that's why we come away thinking he sounds better than ever .