11/01/16 Rosario, AR - Estadio Rosario

gunsguy

1 minute ago, Angeles_ said:

yes!! I did, in a small size...but I could see so good!! this is my only video, because I was mad shouting and dancing, there wasn´t campo vip at Rosario show, I will be near stage in River stadium!! ;)

Near to the stage in River Plate? that sounds scary. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Near to the stage in River Plate? that sounds scary. 

near stage there will be a place called "campo vip", behind this area, will be "campo".. so it will be more confortable to stay near the satage, even if you're at the back of campo vip :heart:

47 minutes ago, GibsonLP said:

That is true but they didn't record Abbey Road outdoors, 100 metres from the source of the sound with 50,000 fans and wind to compete with. And four tracks beats one track recorded on a mobile that then pipes it over a poor internet connection to where it ends up played through someone's tinny computer speaker. They also had sound engineers assisting them in controlled conditions. Look at the difference in sound quality you get between three different periscope streams of the same show - they can sound completely different

In the 50s they were recording on two track.

Yet, go to a Rolling Stones fan and they will not cite Exile, Sticky Fingers or Aftermath - as great as those albums are - as being the band's 'pinnacle' but, Philadelphia Special and all of those Australian shows from 1973 - all audience recordings. Go to a Neil Young fan and he will inundate you with information on The Bottom Line Club and The Catalyst Club. Bootlegs you see predate mobile phones and were recorded on far worse technology, yet many of these recordings encapsulate the very genius of that band.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

In the 50s they were recording on two track.

Yet, go to a Rolling Stones fan and they will not cite Exile, Sticky Fingers or Aftermath - as great as those albums are - as being the band's 'pinnacle' but, Philadelphia Special and all of those Australian shows from 1973 - all audience recordings. Go to a Neil Young fan and he will inundate you with information on The Bottom Line Club and The Catalyst Club. Bootlegs you see predate mobile phones and were recorded on far worse technology, yet many of these recordings encapsulate the very genius of that band.

I'm not denying great bootlegs don't or can't exist, I just think that periscope allows a web connection both at the sending and receiving ends to dictate the quality of what  the listener ultimately hears.

Yep good, nothing wrong with two or four track. Use it in controlled conditions like they did and it sounds great. Bounce tracks like The Beatles did and technically it's also more than four track.

Also those fans you're referring to are trying to present themselves as being hardcore and ultimately the person with the knowledge of the most obscure and least-heard album wins the award of most hardcore fan. They're basically this guy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Gem Archer said:

A little bit of wttj proshot, unfortunately is when axl fucks it up :lol:

http://tn.com.ar/musica/hoy/guns-n-roses-en-rosario-asi-sono-welcome-jungle_750563

Wow, that was a major fuckup..and he just kept on fucking it up! :D

But I don't give a shit really..looks like it was a great show and that's what matters! :)

7 hours ago, nonok said:

I remember when the first leg of the US tour started and Axl sounded not as strong as around July/August and everyone here was losing their shit (including me), saying things like, "He shot his voice with AC/DC, Mickey is back, he sounds awful, he's not into it, it's a cash grab" etc. A week or two ago I had the sudden desire to rewatch the Troub show + a bunch of videos from all throughout the tour, and I stood in awe of my previous naivety. The band sounded amazing, Axl's clean voice didn't bother me at all and we should finally drill it into our heads that he is never going to sound like '87-'93 again. Subconsciously everyone's kind of hoping for that, and comparing his current vocals to that. Just stop. It's not going to happen. He sounds bloody brilliant for a 54 y/o man singing his ass off every night, and these past few SA shows also sound great, albeit with a few mistakes here and there. Compared to the US leg, he sounds weaker, yes, but in no way is it bad. The crowd is loving it, the band is loving it, and the only people who aren't are a bunch of eternally unsatisfied Periscope viewers.

I think @KeyserSoze put it best - this band isn't going to be around forever, and if you want to appreciate its last stand, then do so. If you really hate it so much, either get up there and sing instead of Axl, or just stop spreading so much negativity around. Do you have a clue how disconcerting and off-putting it is when you see all these people writing comments along the lines of, "he sucks, he can't sing, Mickey this, Mickey that, Mickeeeey"? Literally dissuades people from wanting to go to a show. And what for? I saw the comments before I'd seen any videos and thought it was a Bridge School-type of disaster, and it was nothing of the sort. They sound awesome, nowhere near perfect, but that's GNFNR for ya - the eternal misfits.

And let's not forget that Axl's most likely sick and that's the reason for his weaker vocals lately - I mean, they dropped friggin' Coma, there's definitely something wrong. Give him time...and just a little patience.

THAT´S  IT.  Great post, thank you!

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Wow, it's crazy how worried/pissed people is at Axl's voice.

Last night was my first time seeing GNR but my fourth seeing Axl and, being there he sounded amazing. Completely amazing!

Even when he fucked up on Welcome to the Jungle, he kinda saved it in a really cool way. Got nothing but great things to say about Axl's show. When he sat with Slash during Patience' solo and smiled at the crowds, it was the best feeling ever, fn' magical. And when he did the bullshit joke and the crowd celebrated it, he went on Steven mode and just couldn't stop smiling. If this is the worst he can do, then I can't wait for the next two shows to see him sing even better.

Duff was great, sang great and look really happy and into it. He even started jumping during Nightrain's intro along with the crowd. I think the bass sounded better when he came with Axl in 2014 (or maybe I was just ignoring everyone else and focusing on Duff and Axl exclusively haha) but as always, it was an absolute pleasure to see him. Duff rocks!

How do you describe Slash and what he does with words? I mean, if God actually existed, he wouldn't be half as badass as Slash is. It was already my eighth time seeing him, it was no novelty whatsoever but being a HUGE fan of him I was so proud to see him playing stadiums again, so happy and excited for him. And he fn' owns it, there's no one like him! He was running, jumping, dancing, constantly smiling and he was on fire, his playing was absurd. I would hear the comments around me about how he owned certain songs (like Double Talkin' Jive) or what a fucking beast he was and I couldn't believe it, I was almost shedding tears of joy. When even one of the greatest frontmen in the history of mankind can't overshadow you, that means you're one of a kind as well. The crowd's roar when Axl introduced him was unreal, loudest thing I've ever heard. Anyway, I could spend the rest of my life speaking wonders about this living legend, so I better leave it here.

Rest of the band; Richard was great, as always. Solid playing, nice solos on Wish You Were Here. My only complaint about him are his solos on KOHD were kinda awful and he should play the riff on Rocket Queen while Slash is doing the slide solo instead of that weird thing he does. Melissa was hardly noticeable on most of the songs which is a good thing IMO but loved her voice, especially on November Rain. Frank is still pretty bad, I'm really looking forward to seeing Steven on friday, even if it's only for 2 songs. And Dizzy... I couldn't care less about him, I've never liked him at all. He did a good job I guess.

Only bad thing about the show was the lack of Coma. It comforts me to know I still have two chances to see it so I'm not that bummed about it.

I'm prett sure the band indeed soundchecked You're Crazy. I heard a piece of it and at first thought it was Perfect Crime but then thinking about it, it sounded more like You're Crazy, especially the solo.

I hope we (the crowd) made the band happy. It was a rough day (couldn't sleep the previous night, had to travel early, a 4-5 hour long trip somehow lasted over 7) and I was pretty tired by the time the band showed up but I gave it my all. All of us did! We were as loud as we could, sang every song (probably every riff and half of the solos as well :lol:) and jumped like there was no tomorrow. A funny thing, during This I Love, a guy who was behind me said "now's the moment" and started looking for something. He was looking for one of his shoes. When I looked at his feet, he wasn't missing one but he was wearing two different shoes. He said he had found one and was using it while looking for his own in case someone stepped on him.

Wrote too much already, next gig I'll limit myself to write only about Steven and Coma :P

Please do a review of the next two shows. :D

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theMadcap said:

Please do a review of the next two shows. :D

My Brother in-law lost his shoes @ a show once.  He ended up finding a pair of canvas woman's high top sneakers LOL and wore them home.  You know your having a good time when your shoes fly off...  @BorderlineCrazy Great review and thanks for bringing back that funny memory for me ;)

Edited by metalms

On 2/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, cheesecake said:

This is serious? Thugs entering a concert to rob concert goers? Do they buy tickets before entering or what? I've never heard anything like this....I'm seriously shocked. 

I would understand being pickpocketed at a show..but being told that a group of robbers had just managed to get in and going on robbing people is shocking and terrifying.

I' pretty sure that's bullshit.

15 minutes ago, Cughall'a said:

I' pretty sure that's bullshit.

That's not the way it's gonna be. Apparently, those "hooligans" are gonna have 3000 tickets to resell and some liberated entrance for a while so they can let people get in for $500. They're also going to control some other "business" like charging people to take care of their cars in the stadium's environs.

1 hour ago, argen17793 said:

First of all, i apologies for my bad english. (i'm argentinian) Google translator doesnt help much either.
i was there last night. all i can say is it was fucking amazing. i was able to see the last show before the break up, in Buenos Aires. And for me and for many people here in Argentina was incredible to see Slash and Axl together again. I dont think that any of us could analize anything there.it was all about living the moment! You can see the crowd in Richard Fortus twitter.
I have read that some people are concerned about them playing Used to love her Instead of Coma. I think the answer is simple: Used To love her is a song that was a big hit here in South America in 1990 (i remember listening UTLH on the radio over and over again) (perhaps because we dont speak english, so we couldnt understand the words!!) . it is a song that when they play it here people recognizes and starts jumping around. I'm not surprised that they play that song. i also hope they play Coma like all of you, but only because I love it.
Axl looks like he is really happy to have Slash back. I think we all agree that his voice is not the same, but he puts his heart and soul on stage. I couldnt see any interaction between slash and other band members. Slash does his own thing and that´s it. but we dont get to see guns n roses everyday, and we dont know if we will see them ever again. Just like that last show here in Buenos Aires.

i will be next friday at River Plate stadium. It is going to be sold out so I think it will be awesome.

I agree Slash doesn't have too much interaction with his bandmates. All I recall is he said something to Richard after Wish You Were Here and when they were playing Live And Let Die, Slash was playing on my side of the stage and Duff started playing right next to him and the crowd reacted to that so Slash kinda raised his head to see what was going on and he saw Duff was there and smiled. It was nice, I don't know if he was smiling at Duff or enjoying how the crowd reacted to seeing them together.

It's a shame it can't be seen in the video how Slash smiled, it was really cool!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Alright, you're not giving me any choice, I'll try to repeat it next show. Thanks for reading all that :)

Haha he got lucky then, at least he found a pair :P

Thanks! I was wondering the same but had to go find my friends 'cause we had the bus waiting for us to get back to Buenos Aires, otherwise I would have probably gone to the barrier to see if there were some people looking for their missing items :lol:

I have another story actually. Right at the end of Chinese Democracy, a girl got on top of the guy who was with her and took her clothes off. Funny thing was she wasn't smart enough to put her bra and shirt back while she was on top of the guy, instead she got down after Chinese finished but then, when she was going to get dressed, Slash starting playing the intro to Welcome To The Jungle, so everyone started pushing us forward. I wanted to help her have some space but couldn't even move. I think she somehow managed to put something back, otherwise she would have ended up jumping naked with her clothes in her hands.

I didn't share this before because I wanted to find some video to prove it (I don't wanna be called a liar :lol:) but couldn't find it so far. Only this video of the full show where, if you put a lot of effort, you can see (between 13:00 and 13:10) a certain move that was her arms going up as she was taking her clothes off. Very very close to the stage in line with Slash. By they way, that's how close I was to Slash and eventually the other guys when coming to that side :heart:

More importantly, there you have the full show. Seems to have pretty decent audio. :D

So this why Axl lost his concentration on Jungle?