11/05/16 Buenos Aires, AR - River Plate Stadium *2nd Show*

gunsguy

18 minutes ago, vloors said:

Yep too many covers performed while songs like perfect crime etc still stay on standby

By too many you mean... one? The Seeker.

Other than that there's just jams (also known as breathers). Just like they used to do Only Women Bleed or Wild Horses in the old days. Or are we counting KOHD, Live and Let Die etc. as covers now?

24 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Other than that there's just jams (also known as breathers). Just like they used to do Only Women Bleed or Wild Horses in the old days. Or are we counting KOHD, Live and Let Die etc. as covers now?

actually Live and Let Die and Knocking on Heaven's Door are also covers...

28 minutes ago, Jeez said:

I always counted LALD and KOHD as covers. But KOHD I dont mind that much (still very long and drawn out). LALD is fun, but I dont really care for it much. (obviously, thats just me, there are tons of fans who love LALD)

Funny how the alt set list leaks.. perfect crime still waiting.

Oddly enough slither has dissapeared from everything gnr related so.. I guess we are back to normal 

1 hour ago, Axl Rose aka God said:

Every night I come into these posts and, sure I hope to see Perfect Crime or something new on the setlist, but let's be real. For the people in attendance it may have been the greatest night of their life whether The Seeker was played or Perfect Crime was played. Guns put on a kick ass fucking show, and unless you're at every single show actually seeing the set list night after night you really can't complain. 

It's a good point. At the same time, that awesome reality of seeing Axl and slash on the same stage playing nothing new will get old even for the casual fan after awhile so.. I mean we are not there yet but, eventually ADD will take its place

2 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Honestly after 2014 I barely visited or posted here anymore and 2015 up until the reunion rumors was just such a depressing time in terms of GNR. Nothing was happening, Axl had a bad streak vocally and seemed to have lost his motivation, DJ Ashba was still there, the same old interviews of the band members saying the same things about a new album, etc.  I was pretty much ready to give up on GNR altogether as a band to follow

But then this reunion came and man was that a godsend!  Axl may have a off night every now and then like tonight but man that is ok because 2016 as a whole has been so fucking great for GNR!  They feel like a band worth following again

Those were great times though! Axl saying nothing, Ashba talking about how this band is the best ever and how they've got all kinds of cool stuff coming, Frank and Richard hyping up new material, Bumblefoot saying that this new material is a myth, Stinson too drunk to answer the phone, Dizzy being dizzy, Pitman telling mygnr that they're a bunch of dildos.. 

Ok maybe the timing on some of that is closer than ya think but hey, we have still come a long way. Clearly Izzy being up on the same stage with Axl Slash and Duff at the same time was too much to handle just yet :P 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ericy210 said:

I sincerely hope this is a joke.

20-30 years later he agrees to fly Steven to Argentina and give him the spotlight but he's "traumatized" and il and give him just one song?

Well he flew Steven Adler to Argentina to show up for two full gnr performances just to play 2 songs. 2 songs. 1 per night per 3 hour set. Considering he allegedly starting hating Slash over him playing with Michael Jackson over jacko allegedly being a pedophile years before that information leaked to be released to the public, you tell me why he doesn't want Adler there. Go ahead:P 

(And if I read oh he hasn't been sober long enough and isn't dependable enough I swear to god!!!) 

21 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Better than 2014

But miles away from NA tour

wheres the guy that said Axl had a medical condition that's about to be cleared...I'm starting to believe him

Yeah, like I caught the last two shows of the NA tour and Axl was full on rasping these songs, I am leaning towards residual sickness effect on the voice because otherwise its hard to explain such a fast change on a whole show

I'll have to leave my review for tomorrow, I'm dead tired. All I can say for now is this was the best week fn' ever!!

Btw, for those thinking maybe Steven ain't able to play more because of his back surgery, I gotta tell you after the show he went to The Roxy to play with a GNR tribute band. I wasn't able to go so I don't know how many songs did he play, but I know he went.

• Like 2